MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Behold....John Carpenters The Thing

Attachments

• 20240916_213756.jpg
    20240916_213756.jpg
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 0
Body swap, not futzed.
Looks great.

The thing is, I reckon Mac looks damn good. Sometimes we expect toooo much. I am reminded, whenever possible keep it simple.
While I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a higher level of competency and execution at this price point, I do think this is a very decent figure if you can accept that this isn't really a high end figure and don't try to compare it to, say, Hot Toys. Folks were comparing this negatively to old Sideshow figures but at least this guy has reasonably tight joints and just looks good on the display. Something you can't say for the vast majority of SSC figures prior to, say, the Joe line (and some of those had very loose joints).

Body swap, not futzed. Proportions wise maybe the head might sit a little higher and the legs are a bit too long, even though they are the same height as the stock body. Thoughts? Collection is ouf for dusting. Apologies for the dust and the unfinished Deckard, sooner or later I'll resort to water treat him...

View attachment 726266View attachment 726267View attachment 726268View attachment 726269View attachment 726270
Looks great imo. Which body did you use?

Back