MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we need to reach out to Mondo, or are they contacting us?
You have to reach out to them. They seem to be offering a refund or $25 discount, while they figure out when, how, or if we will get our figures. All their replies has been vague as if they have no real answers for us. Are they going to slap on new labels and re-send them from China again with DHL??? It's really annoying on how this is all playing out and our expectance of our patience.

Thank you my friend, please keep me posted, I may tread where you venture with the boots modifications.

So, played around with it a bit out of curiosity. I’m not very experienced with this realm of mods, so there’s likely a less intrusive way of doing it, but as I knew I would never use the stock body ever again I went ahead and dug the pegs out of the boots (they were really in there, even with heat). I then shoved some tac down to the base of the boot and along the ankle of the boot to keep the figure from rocking forward in the gap. For now, he’s stable enough even without a grabber, so I guess it’s definitely an option. Don’t know if it’s better to do it this way, or to put the thin stock prong up into the AT020 ankle and affixing with tac that way, but regardless I think you end up needing some extra hold due to the baseline body style incompatibility.

IMG_3231.jpeg

IMG_3230.jpeg

Last edited:
I TRULY hope I'm not the "harbinger of doom" . . . but what's the betting that when they RE-SHIP these (for those that are going back to China), they get charged import duties on the way back in?
That would swallow up a (mostly useless) "$25 USD discount voucher" pretty blimmin' quick! :gah:

I TRULY hope I'm not the "harbinger of doom" . . . but what's the betting that when they RE-SHIP these (for those that are going back to China), they get charged import duties on the way back in?
That would swallow up a (mostly useless) "$25 USD discount voucher" pretty blimmin' quick! :gah:

Re-labelled and then kicked around through field goal posts first on their way back from China and to our homes.

There are many reasons why items could not clear customs beyond “we want import monies”.

One of the famous reason for your package to be stuck in customs clearance for even a month or more is due to the fact that it was shipped with others that are not legitimate, which is mostly the case but let me shed more light on this:

Most package or cargos are shipped from one country to another cheaply when they are grouped together which is mostly called consolidation or console for short. If you want your package to be shipped alone, you might not be able to bear the cost as it will be very expensive, this is partially one of the reasons that DHL and UPS services are quite expensive even though what they are offering is still consolidation but in a unique way.

So if your package is mixed with customs contraband goods or drugs, you will have no choice but to wait for the relevant government agencies concerned to sort out the contraband and subject it to seizure before releasing the legitimate ones which yours is one of it.

Could be as simple as undeclared materials or a lead paint test failing etc. Whatever the issue it is probably something the factory or sending courier failed to do correctly.

When resent there may be a sticker on the art box covering original info. Maybe. Pure speculation on my part

Last edited:
The Thing is, I may open the box today, but if I do I shall immerse myself In the Thing, which shall mean a custom leather jacket too.

Anyone considering a custom outfit or the jacket and hoodie?

. Plus I hope the rumoured accessory pack mateializes too.
Not sure what else was rumored, besides the shades, goggles, JB bottle, .... the Sombrero!
I would add whatever he rigged (is it just duct tape?) to strap all that dynamite around himself,:lol and/or the dynamite satchels.
Which kind of embodies the hight of anxiety and paranoia they are driven too, plus he just looks firkin insane! with it all.
92weiy.jpg

92wd89.jpg

92wxw0.jpg

Last edited:
Back