MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting so very close to opening the box but not there yet. In the meantime arrangements in being to reduce the dimensions of the LED logo for the base.

Original picture ephemera from 82 usually such pieces with a centre fold do not work for me but this an exception, should look good framed behind Art glass.

Because the picture was not expected to do well there was a substantial amount of promotion ephemera produced. Such ephemera is now few and far between with digital format and copy ephemera released before pictures are released. Half sheets and window cards, smaller versions of the full size poster is now a rare Thing.

Remember.....Man is still the warmest place to hide... ... ...

Attachments

• 20240910_102135.jpg
    20240910_102135.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 0
The Poster figure should be a viable option for Mondo, easier to create than RJ MacReady, no face etc etc void should be illuminated to complete the look. If Mondo do not bite the bullet I reckon Neca may do so.

Hey Mac at Mondo are you getting this?

Let's see if Mondo will do this!
The ultimate in alien terror.
John Carpenter's
THE THING
❄️❄️❄️❄️
🩸🩸🩸🩸
🔥🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 724854View attachment 724855View attachment 724856View attachment 724857View attachment 724858View attachment 724859View attachment 724860
The Poster figure should be a viable option for Mondo, easier to create than RJ MacReady, no face etc etc void should be illuminated to complete the look. If Mondo do not bite the bullet I reckon Neca may do so.

Hey Mac at Mondo are you getting this?
NECA already made this figure. It's a SDCC exclusive. It's where I got the idea to make this.

Let's see if Mondo will do this!
The ultimate in alien terror.
John Carpenter's
THE THING
❄️❄️❄️❄️
🩸🩸🩸🩸
🔥🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 724854View attachment 724855View attachment 724856View attachment 724857View attachment 724858View attachment 724859View attachment 724860

NECA already made this figure. It's a SDCC exclusive. It's where I got the idea to make this.
Yes I have it. You have much skill my friend. I have sown the seed with Neca and Mondo.

Interested to know how you created the figure.

Last edited:
Crazy situation for many still waiting.

My MacReady is still waiting to get out of his box, which is starting to sprout hair...must be the beard or some Thing.
Nah, Macready is not the Thing and never will be. He was the hero and there was never a indicator in the movie that he was ever close to being "one of those things"...Would a Thing blow up another Thing (Blair) NOPE!!!!

Nope not since 82 have I for a moment considered he is. As to the interior of the box no one knows. I reckon it must be the beard from being in there so long, heck I can grow a beast of one in that time.

Remember...Man is still the warmest place to hide.

Last edited:
My AT020S should arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Good, Interested to hear how it works out. I have just opened mine RJ MacReady. Keeping the sculpt,T shirt, flight suit, Shotgun and boots at this time. Next task to work on getting the pegs out of those boots.

A short while later.....Boots better than I anticipated, pegs removed without damage, hope to get the WorldBox Pegs to fit. T shirt design incorporating undershirt well.designed and made comparing to a Custom Tailoring equivalent.
I am reminded of my real interest in such Things, tinkering, kitbash creating your own Thing from parts.

Last edited:
Good, Interested to hear how it works out. I have just opened mine RJ MacReady. Keeping the sculpt,T shirt, flight suit, Shotgun and boots at this time. Next task to work on getting the pegs out of those boots.

A short while later.....Boots better than I anticipated, pegs removed without damage, hope to get the WorldBox Pegs to fit. T shirt design incorporating undershirt well.designed and made comparing to a Custom Tailoring equivalent.
I am reminded of my real interest in such Things, tinkering, kitbash creating your own Thing from parts.
I'll post pictures of the finished swap, for now I can tell the hand pegs are not compatible, I'll just be using the Worldbox ones even though they have a darker skintone and are a little shiny. Clothes fit better, as expected. Head peg fit beatifully. Neck is way more tan than the face but with the t-shirt and the beard, you can barely see the neck.

I couldn't remove the feet from the Worldbox figure, gonna have to hairdry them later, so I still don't know if the boots are a good fit. Height wise the two bodies are almost exatly the same.

Yeah, didn't bother checking if a pale version of the AT020 pro is available, it would have been a better match.

Back