Morpheus from Matrix . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK here they are...The swords are metal blades that Sunohc sent to me and I remade the handles longer like the one that Morpheus had in the movie. I did some research and found that the handle of the full sized one in the movie was 13.5" long so I did the math and the 1/6th scale one should be 2.5" which they are. Now when Daniel propositioned this job to me I was excited to join the team of talented artist working on this project and I wanted to bring something cool and unique to the table. So rather than sculpting on the wrappings to the handle I suggested to Daniel that I would attempt to do a hand wrapped handle with real material! So I did some research and found some tutorials on Tsuka-Maki the art of wrapping handles and modified it to work at the 1/6th scale. Anyway here is what the end result is.
100_2907.jpg

100_2908.jpg

100_2910.jpg

Snake Eyes approves...so they are off to the Matrix :)
100_2901.jpg

100_2902.jpg

Oh BTW I forgot to pain the tip of the handle gray that will be gray on all of the final swords! LMK what you guys think!!!

thank you AJ, that looks awesome :)
The original blades I got were great but the handle was no where near as good as what AJ has transformed them into
(and the wraps at the end are a nice touch, very great custom work as usual, glad to have you on the team)

I love that blade ....I hv bought 2 blade already for it but this one should be the best!

The blade is from MONONOFU 武 ?

It seems the end of the handle should be blk in color ...right?

Yes the blades are MONONOFU 武....and ya I forgot to paint the tips. Its like a dark gray from what I can see. Just got a little hasty wanted to post some pics :)

i have to go change my pants....

i' m glad i am on board with this custom....matrix is one of my all time favorite movies and morpheus was a bad ass in the first one....can't wait to see a complete figure...:)

OK here they are...The swords are metal blades that Sunohc sent to me and I remade the handles longer like the one that Morpheus had in the movie. I did some research and found that the handle of the full sized one in the movie was 13.5" long so I did the math and the 1/6th scale one should be 2.5" which they are. Now when Daniel propositioned this job to me I was excited to join the team of talented artist working on this project and I wanted to bring something cool and unique to the table. So rather than sculpting on the wrappings to the handle I suggested to Daniel that I would attempt to do a hand wrapped handle with real material! So I did some research and found some tutorials on Tsuka-Maki the art of wrapping handles and modified it to work at the 1/6th scale. Anyway here is what the end result is.
100_2907.jpg

100_2908.jpg

100_2910.jpg

Snake Eyes approves...so they are off to the Matrix :)
100_2901.jpg

100_2902.jpg

Oh BTW I forgot to pain the tip of the handle gray that will be gray on all of the final swords! LMK what you guys think!!!

Absolutely beautiful stuff bud! This really is a quality quality project :thud:

I hope you guys can come together more often :)

Holy shnikees, the sword look fantastic :thud:

Not sure how I'm going to pose him yet, but that there is some incentive to incorporate it...

I am glad everyone loves my work so much...It is very satisfying to hear how much your work is appreciated. I would love to do more work with this group of guys in the future! This is a very talented bunch of artists.

Its amazing how great this piece is looking I cant wait to see the finished piece.

Anyway heres the prototype of the tie, Hope you like?

img1952a.jpg

img1953c.jpg

That looks fantastic Gregg :rock

But I'm curious, would silk printing be a possibility for the tie (for perhaps a slight mark up)?

Also, is anyone one working on the tie pin?

That looks fantastic Gregg :rock

But I'm curious, would silk printing be a possibility for the tie (for perhaps a slight mark up)?

Also, is anyone one working on the tie pin?

I would love to be able to do this on the silk, However we have had some problems with the silk, First problem is that the print does not stay on at all, also the glue does not stick well at all and the sewing seems to create a pinch and makes the silk easy to rip.

Im still trying to find the most perfect silk out there but so far failed lol :gah:

Im also making the pin for the tie, but Im still finding the best way in doing this hopefully I will find the most perfect way of creating it.

I would love to be able to do this on the silk, However we have had some problems with the silk, First problem is that the print does not stay on at all, also the glue does not stick well at all and the sewing seems to create a pinch and makes the silk easy to rip.

Im still trying to find the most perfect silk out there but so far failed lol :gah:

Im also making the pin for the tie, but Im still finding the best way in doing this hopefully I will find the most perfect way of creating it.

How about using fine cotton satin fabric?

Gotcha :hi5:

How about using fine cotton satin fabric?

And Kato with the assist! :yess:

Back