Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he's too tall and some of the joints are a little too stiff for my liking.

I won't be displaying him with my other figures but he's a great stand alone figure. I'm really impressed. What started out as a weird, ugly looking figure at the shows and conventions turned out to be a real hit.

Like Jye said, it's hard to believe I paid $190 for the 1/6 Takara back in 2006, or $140 for the Hot Toys 1/6 OC Batman in 2008 or $224 for the Hot Toys Toy Fairs back in in 2011, whereas this monster is $80 bucks.

Would have been sweeter if he was shorter, more in scale with a matte paint job and maybe the pneumatic mangler, but it's still a very nice figure. Despite not liking the 1/4 scale, I always wanted the Enterbay Batman to go along with my 1/4 Hot Toys TDK Batman. Never but the bullet on the Enterbay though because I didn't like the joints on the underbody (had the 1/4 Terminator Arnold and regretted them because of the poorly made bodies, sold them before the shoulders and arms could break). This is a nice stand in for not owning that one.

I'll definitely be buying this figure again if NECA shrinks it down to the 7" scale for the holidays. That and Returns Penguin would be sweet.

Pretty much not sure about that.
The enterbay version poops all over this version.
Likeness, scale, accesorries.
The hands on the Neca are too small, the cape sucks-I did get a custom for my enterbay tho.
The paint application on the eyes is nowhere near as good.
The seams on the body are my biggest thing.
I look at my enterbay bats & I see a thing of beauty.
I look at the Neca one & I see a toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enterbay is certainly better and it's one of the best looking figures ever in my opinion, but I'm just a bit worried that it might break one day or something might go wrong with the rubber suit that basically ruins the figure. I agree with Fab, this figure is a solid alternative, and looks great next to the HT 1/4 Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we already know what to expect given the price point difference, so no need to keep beating that drum IMO. This is a solid release for what it's worth. Would definitely be in if I didn't have the EB.

It's worth noting that MOST of NECA's QS Batmen are stellar. Some of them I find too good in fact given some minor paint touch ups, that I didn't feel the need to get the high-end version to replace it with (in my case so far is the Keaton Batman, I never bothered to get the SSC PF becuase I find NECA's presence on my shelf just as good). Might also get the 1/4 Adam West by NECA now that some local stores are selling him for cheap, instead of getting the PF to represent the 66 era.

I think we already know what to expect given the price point difference, so no need to keep beating that drum IMO. This is a solid release for what it's worth. Would definitely be in if I didn't have the EB.

It's worth noting that MOST of NECA's QS Batmen are stellar. Some of them I find too good in fact given some minor paint touch ups, that I didn't feel the need to get the high-end version to replace it with (in my case so far is the Keaton Batman, I never bothered to get the SSC PF becuase I find NECA's presence on my shelf just as good). Might also get the 1/4 Adam West by NECA now that some local stores are selling him for cheap, instead of getting the PF to represent the 66 era.

I'm gonna be getting me teh 66 1/4 soon and then ahve an cloth suit made for him...

Is there an way to do this safely. I want to do this to my Batman 1989 gauntlets and boots as they shouldn't be shiny...

The only way you could try is to test it on a small area that doesnt show to much ( like under the cape or bottom or back of boot.... ) in theory, it shouldnt hurt and just remove the gloss coat.

The only way you could try is to test it on a small area that doesnt show to much ( like under the cape or bottom or back of boot.... ) in theory, it shouldnt hurt and just remove the gloss coat.

What would you suggest i use.... I have an matte clear coat spray can would that work/hurt it?

Is there an way to do this safely. I want to do this to my Batman 1989 gauntlets and boots as they shouldn't be shiny...

depending on how you apply a spray and/or which brand you use will make a world of difference.

In the case of the gauntlets and boots, I would use Army Painter brush on matte varnish. I've used it multiple times on the rubber chest areas on the TTM 19, Bruce Lee Body and MOS body; and doesn't leave streaks/ brush strokes. If you want to use a spray, again, I'd go with the Army Painter brand. It's my go to now for primer and varnish

army-painter-warpaints-anti-shine-matt-varnish.jpg

depending on how you apply a spray and/or which brand you use will make a world of difference.

In the case of the gauntlets and boots, I would use Army Painter brush on matte varnish. I've used it multiple times on the rubber chest areas on the TTM 19, Bruce Lee Body and MOS body; and doesn't leave streaks/ brush strokes. If you want to use a spray, again, I'd go with the Army Painter brand. It's my go to now for primer and varnish

Ok awesome thanks...

Any idea where I cna buy this can't find it on amazon only the can... would rather do an brush on if possible. That way i don't have to take off the gauntlets.

The enterbay is cool if I wanted to pay 400. In your picture I see a beast on the left and on the right he looks like he's saying "derp". I'm happy with my $70 purchase.

I am very happy with my 69.00 purchase. I have no desire to spend crazy money on enterbays version. I just wish I started collecting when enterbays Joker was for sale though. That one still haunts me.

afattori, I don't think you're missing out on much with the EB Batman figure, but if you can put the $ together to acquire the Joker, I would highly recommend it. I still look at that one with the awe and excitement I had when I first opened the carton.

EDIT: OMG, I just looked at the EB Joker on ebay :(

I wish I had bought two now...

i am eagerly waiting for calenders 20% off code to come back so i can snag it

There is one but doesn't work... I tried on some other items and it works... just not on neca figures.. I guess I will just order from BBTS then.

So I tried like 4 different codes from Calendars.com and none work on the Begins Batman they work on almost every item but neca items.... Only one taht works is the $5 off one which don't do anything since this site charges tax. Just an heads up

Last edited:
My one showed up here in Australia from Calendars.com. 11 day delivery this time.

I've already done the neck mod and that's made a huge difference. The suit looks better in person than photos but I'm thinking it might still be a little glossy. I think I'll give the suit a paint.

Here he is with the rest of my 1/4 scale Batmen including the super cheap Crazy Toys TDK Batman (photo was prior to the neck mod being done).

IMG20160704184605.jpg

Back