Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even then it still looks good.

Never heard of it, looking at it on Ebay, not bad for the cost I guess.

Fills the hole.

1:20 mark

Last edited:
Hopefully mine should be with me this week.

You know, the more I look at the Begins suit, the less I like the TDK and TDKR versions. I can't really put my finger on it, it might be the cowl or something, but I like the Begins suit more.

I got up early this morning and gave the suit a paint. Still got to do the gauntlets and part of the boots a satin black but with the rest a flat black it's already made a huge difference!

2016-07-05_07.06.41.jpg

Even then it still looks good.

Never heard of it, looking at it on Ebay, not bad for the cost I guess.

Fills the hole.

1:20 mark

It seems to me like they recast the entire hot toys figure in one go.

It's definitely a recast of hot toys. That's for sure. Looks ok though!

did you just apply an matte coat or did you repaint it?

Repainted with a flat black enamel. I will be doing the gauntlets and high gloss strips on the boots in a satin black. Last night I did the belt as it is more bronze than gold in colour so I gave it a metallic gold coat to match up with the on-screen belt's colour.

Repainted with a flat black enamel. I will be doing the gauntlets and high gloss strips on the boots in a satin black. Last night I did the belt as it is more bronze than gold in colour so I gave it a metallic gold coat to match up with the on-screen belt's colour.

Airbrush I'm guessing?

Awesome job mate how did you paint it on? Might have to do mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate.

Just with brushes. Only took about two hours all up for the flat black suit, satin black gauntlets and boot highlights and the gold of the belt. I don't have an airbrush, besides I kinda like the very light texture of fine brush strokes. It's almost imperceptible but it makes it look more real.

I'd say definitely go for it. It makes a huge difference!

Thanks mate.

Just with brushes. Only took about two hours all up for the flat black suit, satin black gauntlets and boot highlights and the gold of the belt. I don't have an airbrush, besides I kinda like the very light texture of fine brush strokes. It's almost imperceptible but it makes it look more real.

I'd say definitely go for it. It makes a huge difference!

Yeah you've done a really good job there. Takes its up another notch.
Can you tell me what paint you used as I'd like to do mine
Cheers

Yeah you've done a really good job there. Takes its up another notch.
Can you tell me what paint you used as I'd like to do mine
Cheers

I live in Australia so what I use might not be available to you. I used an Australian brand called White Knight (maybe Harvey Dent owns them :wink1: ). I used their flat black water based enamel for the suit and their satin black water based enamel for the gauntlets and boot highlights. They're not usually used for this type of application but they're durable, really easy to work with and look the part.

Back