NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Fourteen-thousand posts, and most of them likely just annoying complaints and (not-so) passive aggressive disagreements with other views, and then _____ing when other people do the same to you.
Keep up the good work, son. :clap

Almost every alien or predator thread features you, at some point, _____ing and arguing with another member. That "can't speak english very well dude" might be annoying and doesn't know how to speak his opinion without being rude, but at least he has valid points from time to time. I'd rather read 10,000 his rants and chuckle to myself, than read just one more of your uninformed, self-entitlement encrusted posts.

THIS IS A WEEE BIT SILLY!!! WWEEEEE BIT SILLLLLLYYYYY WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Now shut up. :rotfl

tankman plz give us the metal arm blade or metal color soft pvc blade ,I just don't want to break it like wolf pred or MCF P1.

Metal would be pretty tight. If they had that, the netting....maybe cloth...this thing could be pretty high end.

This is maybe a little dumb question Tankman but it looks like the sculpting on the little pred is a little different than at your prototype. The mask is not totally movie accurate for example (I didn't meant about the damage on the mask.)...and there are other few little things. Is it because you changed something on the sculpt or is it because those preds are scalled down? How close the 1/4 pred will be to the prototype sculpt wise?

000_0001-12.jpg

predators-figures.jpg

The protos look great but the figure will suck and need a full repaint. We all know that neca can't deliver anything of any quality for $80. they can't do it for 10. Stuck joints and parts that don't line up probably is the best case scenario. And having to buy 3 of them to get all the different looks is a joke. Stop stealing kidies pocket money neca.

The protos look great but the figure will suck and need a full repaint. We all know that neca can't deliver anything of any quality for $80. they can't do it for 10. Stuck joints and parts that don't line up probably is the best case scenario. And having to buy 3 of them to get all the different looks is a joke. Stop stealing kidies pocket money neca.

Oh ye of little faith !

haterade.gif

You expect perfection for $10-15 figures, not gonna happen. As it so happens, their paintjobs might not be the best but Neca's sculpting is probably some of the best out there.

Their 18" line has been good so far, save the _____ing man.

Actually neca's 18 inchers usually have quite a decent paintjob; for example the shiny version of robocop, hellraiser, the crow etc.. So i'm not worried about that.

Nobody is forcing you to buy three, i think having a choice is rather nice.

This is maybe a little dumb question Tankman but it looks like the sculpting on the little pred is a little different than at your prototype. The mask is not totally movie accurate for example (I didn't meant about the damage on the mask.)...and there are other few little things. Is it because you changed something on the sculpt or is it because those preds are scalled down? How close the 1/4 pred will be to the prototype sculpt wise?

000_0001-12.jpg

predators-figures.jpg

The mask will be dead on to what I sculpted and hopefully I got it close. The first test shot are do in this week and I'll see for myself how the big guy is coming along. Fingers crossed there will not be many things to get China to fix.

Necas is hit and miss with quality and its usually 90% miss. The prototypes always look 1000X better than what we get. I snapped so many legs and arms and parts fell off right out of the packet. They just paint over the joints and you have to use hot water and a razor to try move the joint but after all that they can still snap off at the peg because they dont cast the parts right. My 18" aliens legs snapped off at the leg pegs and i had a broken foot and the other didnt move at all and the left shoulder was loose. It would fall over and could not stand on its own for long. and the parts look all saggy and misshaped out of the packet on all their stuff. and paint slop and bad colors is standard on all their stuff. They just make bad poor quality stuff to smash up and play with. My starwars figures from the 80s are 1000% times better made in every way. I dont trust necas after years of bad times with them.

Getting 2 extra heads with 1 figure is choice. and i know I will have to cut the fruit bag netting off and find and alternate when I have to repaint it to look good.

He just said better....did he meant better technically, or better details and color wise....I don't know.

We're going to put more into our proto than HT did. HT was smart though because they didn't use as much color as we did but they knew how to make it look great with less. For example on the armor they used only two colors but still it looks great. I'm thinking on our 18inch figure that we should ditch the bast marks. Those never look great even on the CM. We're going to add more color to the head and it should look really great. It will be easier for China production to make this big guy look nice. We're hoping for the best and the good news we're not rushed to make a deadline like we did with the Predators figures for example.

Necas is hit and miss with quality and its usually 90% miss. The prototypes always look 1000X better than what we get. I snapped so many legs and arms and parts fell off right out of the packet. They just paint over the joints and you have to use hot water and a razor to try move the joint but after all that they can still snap off at the peg because they dont cast the parts right. My 18" aliens legs snapped off at the leg pegs and i had a broken foot and the other didnt move at all and the left shoulder was loose. It would fall over and could not stand on its own for long. and the parts look all saggy and misshaped out of the packet on all their stuff. and paint slop and bad colors is standard on all their stuff. They just make bad poor quality stuff to smash up and play with. My starwars figures from the 80s are 1000% times better made in every way. I dont trust necas after years of bad times with them.

Getting 2 extra heads with 1 figure is choice. and i know I will have to cut the fruit bag netting off and find and alternate when I have to repaint it to look good.

Sounds like you've had some real bad luck with our stuff and hopefully if you do decide to get the 18inch figure it will not have all these bad things on it. The Alien was a real mess at times but we're putting more time into this Predator and am hoping for none of this bad fall apart stuff. Wait and see how it turns out for others and if everything seems fine go for it.

2 Extra Heads a bit much to ask for. How many figures do you have that come with 2 extra heads?

90% miss is over the top. I have about 50-100 NECA products ranging from bobble heads, statues, 7", 12" 18" action figures.I have only snapped 2 joints ever...They happened to be the Alien Warrior's leg and the T-1000's shoulder joint. They broke because i tried posing them while they were VERY cold and the joints snapped, but that was it. Luckily i went to TRU and got replacements :) It sounds like you are are a little rough with your toys. Most of the figures you're talking about range from $10-$40. They are not going to be finished perfectly and there may be some minor paint issues...you can't expect Sideshow and Hot Toys quality for 1/8 the price. I have just about every NECA 18" horror character and they are all freestanding with no problems aside from the NECA 18" alien (a bit top-heavy)

We're going to put more into our proto than HT did. HT was smart though because they didn't use as much color as we did but they knew how to make it look great with less. For example on the armor they used only two colors but still it looks great. I'm thinking on our 18inch figure that we should ditch the bast marks. Those never look great even on the CM. We're going to add more color to the head and it should look really great. It will be easier for China production to make this big guy look nice. We're hoping for the best and the good news we're not rushed to make a deadline like we did with the Predators figures for example.

I just realized i own a BUNCH of your sculpts :yess: Keep up the great work Kyle.

Sounds like you've had some real bad luck with our stuff and hopefully if you do decide to get the 18inch figure it will not have all these bad things on it. The Alien was a real mess at times but we're putting more time into this Predator and am hoping for none of this bad fall apart stuff. Wait and see how it turns out for others and if everything seems fine go for it.

Its not just isolated cases i spoke about. If this predator was really high quality and the paint has no slop and was as good as hot toys medicom enterbay and it came with the 2 extra heads you could charge the same price as them and people would be very happy despite the lack of articulation . People would pay much more for higher quality and it might help to redeem neca in the eyes of some. I hope you take time and really think about what you are doing as this predator is going to be looked at by so many fans out there. It could be super great and its not an opportunity to waste to save a few bucks or more in production. You guys really need to get on the ball with this one and do the best job you ever have with it.

And how do we know you are who you say you are? Its pretty far fetched that a neca sculptor would join a forum like this to help sell products. No offence if you are who you say you are.

Any chance NECAs future 8" figures can be produced in this better factory too?

Its not just isolated cases i spoke about. If this predator was really high quality and the paint has no slop and was as good as hot toys medicom enterbay and it came with the 2 extra heads you could charge the same price as them and people would be very happy despite the lack of articulation . People would pay much more for higher quality and it might help to redeem neca in the eyes of some. I hope you take time and really think about what you are doing as this predator is going to be looked at by so many fans out there. It could be super great and its not an opportunity to waste to save a few bucks or more in production. You guys really need to get on the ball with this one and do the best job you ever have with it.

And how do we know you are who you say you are? Its pretty far fetched that a neca sculptor would join a forum like this to help sell products. No offence if you are who you say you are.

What right do you have to question someone on this forum?? All you've done since coming here is degrade NECA with your negative posts, but give all the love in the world to HT, who'se figures may have top articulation, but are incredibly inaccurate.

Back