NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

The netting def isn't perfect, but it certainly not a problem. If the finishing on these figures is lousy, i will get one customized by a pro. This is NECA's best 1/4 scale figure and i'm happy as hell we're gettin it.

Tankman,

Dude, i would love to see Conan and T2 Cyberdyne Showdown in 1/4 scale. Any chance of this happening?
IMGA0243.jpg

Who do I have to write to?

A 1/4 T-800 with revistet Facesulpt and an littzle better paintjob was perfect.

For me the Netting is Problem.
I can not customize the Netting ore the Rest.

Ich hope the paintjob was very good.

28tupfc.jpg
NECA_TOYS NECA
@
@MrViet I think it is quite accurate & is superior to others that cost more than twice the price
I disagree with this entire statement, although he is right, this is half the price of a Hot Toys figure.

Is it just me, or are the dreads not individually done in that photo? Or maybe they're keeping the sideburns all in one piece?

Also, the netting is more of a bummer than it seemed at first, especially when you really compare it with the real thing and with the company's behavior. NECA came so far to give us the baddest-ass and biggest P1 figure ever made and even had surveys to see who'd get it. They had a lot of convincing to do, and finally after all that, the project was greenlit... and before it's even painted, it already misses the mark because of the netting. When put like that, it's a bit of a downer. Still totally getting it, those this will happen after I see some in-hand pics. Or at least final product shots prior to release, like with the 7" line.

As for NECA's Twitter statement that Elder quoted, the marketing department seems to be getting a little big for their britches. You can boast about the accuracy for sure (since the sculpt is absolutely gorgeous, Tankman has done no wrong), but if you screw up on THE NETTING of all things, that's a little sad.

Last edited:

The netting isn't a big issue for me... Out of all the things they could f' up, the netting is the least of my concerns.

I wonder why the bone trophies aren't on the in-package version?

They're just roughing things out, they probably just put together what needed to be done to figure out the packaging, why worry about small extras if they don't effect your packaging design.

For the price, and what we are getting I'm not too concerned about the netting. I mean, just look at that sculpt..

I don't know if this is true, but i was just told by a retailer, that these 1/4 predators will come with the extra heads in each box.
he said a neca sales rep. told him this, if this is actually true, neca needs to make a major anoucement on this.

I don't know if this is true, but i was just told by a retailer, that these 1/4 predators will come with the extra heads in each box.
he said a neca sales rep. told him this, if this is actually true, neca needs to make a major anoucement on this.

Not gonna happen.

Is it just me, or are the dreads not individually done in that photo? Or maybe they're keeping the sideburns all in one piece?

Also, the netting is more of a bummer than it seemed at first, especially when you really compare it with the real thing and with the company's behavior. NECA came so far to give us the baddest-ass and biggest P1 figure ever made and even had surveys to see who'd get it. They had a lot of convincing to do, and finally after all that, the project was greenlit... and before it's even painted, it already misses the mark because of the netting. When put like that, it's a bit of a downer. Still totally getting it, those this will happen after I see some in-hand pics. Or at least final product shots prior to release, like with the 7" line.

As for NECA's Twitter statement that Elder quoted, the marketing department seems to be getting a little big for their britches. You can boast about the accuracy for sure (since the sculpt is absolutely gorgeous, Tankman has done no wrong), but if you screw up on THE NETTING of all things, that's a little sad.

I agree 100 %, everything needs to be done accurate on this figure, no shortcuts .

Damn. That looks . . . tragic, actually. Such a little thing but so critical to the look of the creature.

This really shows just show tight NECA's budget is. This must have been the cheapest netting they could find and probably couldn't make it cost effective with a more expensoive netting.

I'm actually considering cancelling my preorder based on this. I really don't know if I'm going to be able to peel his outfit off without damaging anything in order to replace the netting with something better.

It looks like they wanted to go for a stretchable netting to allow for maximum range of it's articulation without fear of tearing... maybe they couldn't get a netting with a rectangular pattern that was also elastic. Or it could still just be a place holder.

Or maybe I'm justifying an inexcusable oversight. Either way, still getting it.

To put this figure out at $80, there has to be give and take with some of the elements, paint app quality might suffer if more were put into the netting, phoning in the netting a bit could help us get a better paint job on this.

Anyone who decides not to get this...I'll gladly sell you one of mine (once you see it and change your mind) for a greatly inflated price...of course. :nana:

Back