NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who’s got both the 1/4 turtles and the 7”, if you could only have one set which would you choose?

I’ve got the 1/4 figures and thinking about selling them to fund the 7”, but worried I’ll regret it! And how much of a pain they’d be to box up and send on eBay!!

For anyone who’s got both the 1/4 turtles and the 7”, if you could only have one set which would you choose?

I have both sets and I would have to go with the 1/4 scale versions if I could only choose one. The smaller figures look great but the large scale ones capture the movie feel even more. I also like being able to see the larger figures pretty well from across the room. One consideration is space though, especially with the foot soldiers and Shredder coming out the 1/4 scale ones are starting to take up a lot of shelf space. In the small scale this isn't a problem at all but I don't mind putting away other statues, items, figures or whatever to make space for the next figures in the line. If you've got the space and the money I'd say stick with the 1/4 line.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve got the 1/4 figures and thinking about selling them to fund the 7”, but worried I’ll regret it! And how much of a pain they’d be to box up and send on eBay!!

1/4 ones are definitely better if you have the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got both sets, the 1/4 are amazing as a display and they really capture the movie. BUT the box that the 7” came inIt’s worth it for that alone it looks like the old vhs and is all scuffed looking. I remember picking mine up at San Diego comic con and was blown away about how cool that box was but I never intend to take mine out so i day if you want to pose them keep the 1/4 scale if not the box is just as cool for the 7”. How much are the 7 inches going for now?

0D8ADDE1-DADA-44B7-99D9-819AAA1471BA.jpg5CE286C5-17E1-4B45-9F85-CD81DAB9975A.jpg

I’ve got both sets, the 1/4 are amazing as a display and they really capture the movie. BUT the box that the 7” came inIt’s worth it for that alone it looks like the old vhs and is all scuffed looking. I remember picking mine up at San Diego comic con and was blown away about how cool that box was but I never intend to take mine out so i day if you want to pose them keep the 1/4 scale if not the box is just as cool for the 7”. How much are the 7 inches going for now?

Without the box you can just preorder them from Gamestop for like $95 shipped I think; supposed to come out in February or so. The SDCC set goes for $250-300. I'm surprised it held that much value after NECA announced the Gamestop release. From what I can tell so far, it's literally the cool VHS box, pizza box, and the mutagen container that are exclusive to it. They showed Michelangelo and he came with a slice of pizza, so you'd assume all 4 would too.

I have to agree that the 1/4 scale have awesome shelf presence! I’d stick with them if I had to choose. However, my crazy self has the 7 inch SDCC VHS set at home and I have the GameStop Turtles on preorder.

Both are awesome in thier own right. The 1/4s look more real. Where the 7 inches can pose better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I only could choose one, it'd be the 7". Any losses in the sculpt details are made up for in articulation and playability, display options with other figures (including future NECA Foot) and sets, and space-saving.

Thanks for your responses! I’m in the UK so can’t order from Gamestop. Think I’ll stick with my 1/4 scale versions....for now!!

So after dithering on the set for months and asking you all which scale I would prefer having already owned the 1/4 I buckled and just took a 30 mile round trip to buy a 2018 set from someone here in the UK. Yes I had to overpay but I’m not in the slightest bit disappointed, the hype over these really is 100% real. Now I love my 1/4 scale ones but there’s something magical about having the smaller size in your hand. I didn’t think my cartoon set could be beaten and from someone who also has SHF Marvel, Star Wars and Dragon Ball figures these Turtles look just as good, if not better!!

I don't think 1:4 really suits collecting an entire line within any given franchise - really only for the most representative character(s) which, in this case, is the 4 Turtles. If I had my way I'd have just the Turtles at 1:4 and the Turtles + variants + everyone else at 1:10.

Gotta agree with that, I love presence of the 1/4, but when you’re fighting for space in the bedroom with the Missus there’s only one winner!!

Someone asked on Twitter:
"@NECA_TOYS I always get excited this time of year cause of toy fair. Will you be showing any new 1/4 figs at TF?"

Response:
@NECA_TOYS
" at least 3"

Who's the 3rd? Presuming Shredder and Foot Clan?

Someone asked on Twitter:
"@NECA_TOYS I always get excited this time of year cause of toy fair. Will you be showing any new 1/4 figs at TF?"

Response:
@NECA_TOYS
" at least 3"

Who's the 3rd? Presuming Shredder and Foot Clan?

Got to be Splinter or Casey

Couldn’t one or more of the “at least three” 1/4 scale figures from NECA be from another license?

Well I know they're working on a 1/4 Pennywise for this year and (I think) Michael Myers as well.

So my guess is we'll see 1/4 Shredder, Pennywise and Myers at toy fair next month.

Couldn’t one or more of the “at least three” 1/4 scale figures from NECA be from another license?

Ah damn, I really thought the person asked about TMNT. You're right from later responses; so it's probably another license. He said they already showed the Foot Soldier, so it's Shredder and then 2 others. He said not Marvel/DC.

Back