NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50276838-2209466805782359-1823637311380783104-n.jpg

This looks like some old white angry dude. lol

Look at the tiny nail on his thumb lol

Good news for 7” collectors, as this will translate well at a smaller scale, but the 1/4 is lacking in the Saki portrait and the odd finish to the metal of his armor which looks extremely plastic and cheapens it. Other than these features and possibly cape issues when we see the final thing, he looks really good.

This is NECA not Hot Toys so the face is not going to be good. He do looks crossed eyed tho.

The sculpt is there. It's really good but the paint is wrong and flat. A let down for a prototype. However, we'll be seeing a lot more in the coming weeks. Keep the faith even though most of necas human stuff falls short.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good news for 7” collectors, as this will translate well at a smaller scale, but the 1/4 is lacking in the Saki portrait and the odd finish to the metal of his armor which looks extremely plastic and cheapens it. Other than these features and possibly cape issues when we see the final thing, he looks really good.
Yeah I'll definitely pick this up at 7" with the 7" Turtles. 1:4? Nah. The 1:4 TMNT already take up a lot of space.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another pic. I'm not gonna give my opinion on Shredder. He looks pretty good. Let's wait til toy fair where we see him in natural light
2c773f6d31f0e3168166230297d89829.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The paint looks like every other NECA human face; thick slab of paint. I think the sculpt looks fine for what it is, but this is the same way they paint pretty much all their faces.

Plus I'll give them a lot of slack on sculpt anyway, it's not like this is a famous actor with a million headshots to look at.

They really should do better work on the metal though; that'd be disappointing to get even in the 7" scale.

The paint looks like every other NECA human face; thick slab of paint. I think the sculpt looks fine for what it is, but this is the same way they paint pretty much all their faces.

Plus I'll give them a lot of slack on sculpt anyway, it's not like this is a famous actor with a million headshots to look at.

They really should do better work on the metal though; that'd be disappointing to get even in the 7" scale.
Could be an wip. I already had getting the head/ face repainted. Human faces paint wise isnt necas strong point.

Looks as though they may have improved the helmet by scaling it down a tad. Helmet definitely seemed over-sized in the movie.

Overall, I think it is looking good, with some nice detailing on the suit.

I'll hold out on whether I get it or not based on what we see at toy fair. It looks good but that that face sculpt.....yikes.
Could be the paint. Look at thier Affleck Batman for example. Stock that face is horrible. But once repainted it looks great.

111589bd7fb05080378fe89da93e8863.jpg
bb804685744c9de2ca3546bc6c901210.jpg

Back