NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics I took, mostly comparing sizes.

AvPRoom029.jpg
AvPRoom031.jpg
AvPRoom032.jpg
AvPRoom033.jpg
AvPRoom030.jpg
AvPRoom025.jpg
AvPRoom034.jpg
AvPRoom028.jpg
AvPRoom027.jpg
AvPRoom024-1.jpg

Who cares, open him up and build him! :lecture It's not like you can't put him somewhere temporarily. You can always cover him up with somthing also.
Seriously, you'll be amazed at the detail and life-likeness of him when he is complete.

lol I'm amazed at your pics already, he must be a beast. I can't put him up right now because my wife doesn't know I even got him ....lol...that is why I only have 3 of my 20 or so figures out on display at the moment...they are on lockdown status until we move :(. We have a 1 bedroom apartment so its tiny.

lol I'm amazed at your pics already, he must be a beast. I can't put him up right now because my wife doesn't know I even got him ....lol...that is why I only have 3 of my 20 or so figures out on display at the moment...they are on lockdown status until we move :(. We have a 1 bedroom apartment so its tiny.
Ah, yeah, if I was moving and got some new shizzle I guess i'd keep it in the box also.

Got mine today. overall I'm pleased. Got a blister trying to put the legs on and bending the knees but was successful. But as I was trying to bend one of the ankles... SNAP! It didn't break all the way through thankfully, but half of the joint is broken :( It still stands fine though.

Got mine today. overall I'm pleased. Got a blister trying to put the legs on and bending the knees but was successful. But as I was trying to bend one of the ankles... SNAP! It didn't break all the way through thankfully, but half of the joint is broken :( It still stands fine though.
Damn, you got the knees working? Lucky bastard..

Well BBTS got this in. I just told them to ship my pile of loot so I should have this probably the week after next along with the little Revoltech Queen alien. Please let there be no customs :pray:

I like the look of that foggy dome in the new pics :yess:

Yea, I used the hair dryer and got it super hot, then kept moving the knee joint back and forth, back and forth, etc until it finally moved. They were very stubborn! Wish I would have done that to the ankle before I broke it.
I'm going to take one more attempt at the knees once I find a place to put him. My arms/hands are still hurting from two days ago :lol

damn one of my back tendrils does not fit in its place....I think i got 2 of the same ones......how can I make it go into its slot if the holes dont match up?

I got one from cornerstorecomics, and both of the hoses connecting from the back to the head were broken off. They are sending me another one with a return shipping label. I'm very happy with their customer service. Hopefully the replacement is fine.

I snapped an ankle on mine while I was trying to put a leg in as well. Mine went all the way through, though.:horror

I had the idea to put it on a stand. I had a piece of particle board (with a black coating) that was part of a shelving unit. I put a screw through the board, the foot and the ankle. Holds it together pretty well. I can give it better poses as well now with the added stability. I posed it based on the CM Alien.

with all the postings on this I have to ask....is it worth getting this figure?

I think so, absolutely. It's 22" of the most accurate Alien toy we'll ever get. Sure, you may get a stuck joint, but as said, with a hairdryer and some TLC it should be right as rain.

Back