New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, Every piece is drawn up (sans doors). I am happy with the fit.
We are on holiday from next week, but Im in town before we return, so I may come in early and make use of the DT labs to prep the materials.

I think I can secure materials for 10 TARDISs (I think).

I want two for myself, (one for the main room and one for the Who room). All things being equal, I should have up to 8 available.

Well, you know I'm in, pal. :)

No problem. Actually, I was quite pleased with the final dynamic model. The doors look pretty good, opening in the animation. I want to, (for fun) create a moving shot of a huge interior, so that as the doors open in the CG model, you see the biiger inside!!

Please remember that this is a prototype and the fit of the clothes will change. We have the manufacturer looking at a material to get a better fit. The material you see in the images is quite thick this is because it was the only fabric we could print on here that was thin enough. The manufacturer has got some tricks up their sleeves to get this to fit more correct. But when you hold this prototype in hand the tailoring and detail in the clothes is outstanding it really is.

That's great news, thanks for sharing that. Even more excited for the piece now. :yess:

No problem. Actually, I was quite pleased with the final dynamic model. The doors look pretty good, opening in the animation. I want to, (for fun) create a moving shot of a huge interior, so that as the doors open in the CG model, you see the biiger inside!!

Sounds cool. Will you be uploading that somewhere when you're done?

The pic looks very good. Lookin forward to reading that CO want my money!!! I dont normally look forward to bills. :rotfl

And I have completed all of the CAD parts for the TARDIS. Door mechanism works. You cant see it in the shots, but the dynamic model works great, with the doors opening and closing.

Bear in mind that this is a generic TARDIS with sizing etc determined from a range, and aiming to look at home with any Doctor.

Here are final CAD shots.

You're amazing man...great stuff.

The pic looks very good. Lookin forward to reading that CO want my money!!! I dont normally look forward to bills. :rotfl

And I have completed all of the CAD parts for the TARDIS. Door mechanism works. You cant see it in the shots, but the dynamic model works great, with the doors opening and closing.

Bear in mind that this is a generic TARDIS with sizing etc determined from a range, and aiming to look at home with any Doctor.

Here are final CAD shots.

Amazing.

Re:Amy. I think she was great at first, but she and Rory did over-stay their welcome. I think Moffet fell in love with them and just couldn't part with them... Davies was much better at killing his darlings before we were ready to let them go.

Yup. I was never happy with the dynamic of The Doctor / Amy / Rory.

She was written as having the hots for the Doctor, but was married to the drip, I mean Rory. It just didnt wash with me. I am sure that Moff man never bought his own scenario either !!!

Yup. I was never happy with the dynamic of The Doctor / Amy / Rory.

She was written as having the hots for the Doctor, but was married to the drip, I mean Rory. It just didnt wash with me. I am sure that Moff man never bought his own scenario either !!!

He had to go to extreme lengths to try and make it make sense, but that might be the sure sign that it didn't. Which brings me back to 11 and River..... extreme lengths to make a lack of chemistry less obvious.....

Im in a minority, I know, but I never liked River. She was acceptable in her first (10th Doctor) story, but even that was pushing it. Then.. wife. Nah. Daughter of Ponds. Nah. Why Moff has to have characters mean more than they are is silly. It was bad enuf having the whole universe revolve arounf Donna!!!. The show is called Doctor Who. He is the central character. He solves the problems. It should be about him. Companions are peripheral. I know, its old fashioned, but that is the way I like my Who!!! I guess that's why I enjoy watching the older stories more than the newbies.

DVD, would you be upset if we added a St. Johns Ambulence sign on our Tardis's if we want it close to 11's Tardis?

Tut tut tut. You didn't pay attention to my model in the earlier photos :wink1:

I have the St Johns sign.

The signage that I will generate as a sticker set will include:

1 x Free for public notice
4 x Police public call Box
8 x Windows
1 x St Johns Ambulance
1 x Key hole

A TARDIS Console room forced perspective insert and floor may be included if I can arrange it.

At this time, I am working on a 9 / 10 version, a 4th secondary version and a 7th version.

Tut tut tut. You didn't pay attention to my model in the earlier photos :wink1:

I have the St Johns sign.

The signage that I will generate as a sticker set will include:

1 x Free for public notice
4 x Police public call Box
8 x Windows
1 x St Johns Ambulance
1 x Key hole

A TARDIS Console room forced perspective insert and floor may be included if I can arrange it.

At this time, I am working on a 9 / 10 version, a 4th secondary version and a 7th version.
Oh goodness, that's incredible. I'm not sure how I missed that. Sorry. :monkey1

Well David, it just keeps getting better all the time. You seriously D'man!!

Re the Ponds (and that's a trap too, it's actually the Williams'es). Yes they outstayed their welcome certainly. During the last of their run (ridiculous Statue of Liberty story aside...and even then, maybe not) they served no useful purpose whatsoever. And that is a shame as Amy + Doctor = Good dynamic.

Rory was 'the Drip' sure. But when the Doctor kept running off to do other things and left Amy in dangerous situations...it was always Rory that was there for her. Plus, he was a normal man...recognising very quickly that it is in fact the Doctor that is more dangerous than anything else that Amy could ever have faced.

River was a good character to begin with, possessing just the right amount of knowledge and mystery, but quickly went the way of all good characters...into the land of over-exposure.

Last edited:
Well David, it just keeps getting better all the time. You seriously D'man!!

Re the Ponds (and that's a trap too, it's actually the Williams'es). Yes they outstayed their welcome certainly. During the last of their run (ridiculous Statue of Liberty story aside...and even then, maybe not) they served no useful purpose whatsoever. And that is a shame as Amy + Doctor = Good dynamic.

Rory was 'the Drip' sure. But when the Doctor kept running off to do other things and left Amy in dangerous situations...it was always Rory that was there for her. Plus, he was a normal man...recognising very quickly that it is in fact the Doctor that is more dangerous than anything else that Amy could ever have faced.

River was a good character to begin with, possessing just the right amount of knowledge and mystery, but quickly went the way of all good characters...into the land of over-exposure.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of that. Re: The Statue of Liberty episode - Gotta love the emotional charge of a time travel story's ending that makes no logical sense whatsoever....

Im in a minority, I know, but I never liked River. She was acceptable in her first (10th Doctor) story, but even that was pushing it. Then.. wife. Nah. Daughter of Ponds. Nah. Why Moff has to have characters mean more than they are is silly. It was bad enuf having the whole universe revolve arounf Donna!!!. The show is called Doctor Who. He is the central character. He solves the problems. It should be about him. Companions are peripheral. I know, its old fashioned, but that is the way I like my Who!!! I guess that's why I enjoy watching the older stories more than the newbies.

Is that true, though? It feels like we always see the Doctor through his companions - they're an important part of the show. I don't consider them to be less important sidekicks. Very often, they're instrumental in helping the Doctor "solve the problems," so to speak.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of that. Re: The Statue of Liberty episode - Gotta love the emotional charge of a time travel story's ending that makes no logical sense whatsoever....

This. Also, there were more holes in that episode than story. How could the Statue of Liberty make its way across Manahattan without being seen? And how come it could stand next to skyscraper without a huge crowd of people being gathered, gawking, at the bottom? Pfft. I am learning to suspend disbelief for most of the recent episodes, or risk spoiling the fun.

The thing i didn't like in TATM was how it ended.They "left" in the last what?5 minutes? The ending was a bit rushed and not satisfactory.And the ponds overstayed their welcome.I for one will not purchase any companions.I'll buy only the doctors i like,the masters,captain jack and aliens.No companions.Except maybe for sarah jane with a k-9 accessory.I would buy a cyberman,a silent and a dalek (from nuwho) in a heartbeat.

This. Also, there were more holes in that episode than story. How could the Statue of Liberty make its way across Manahattan without being seen? And how come it could stand next to skyscraper without a huge crowd of people being gathered, gawking, at the bottom? Pfft. I am learning to suspend disbelief for most of the recent episodes, or risk spoiling the fun.

You should have been suspending disbelief for every episode and not just the recent ones. It's always been a show about a alien who time travels in a blue police box. Not really scientifically based.

That I am prepared to accept. Time travel is possible in principle and what you chose to time travel in is a matter of taste. And aliens? Could be. It is that the storylines have been becoming more wild of late, with too much packed into each episode that I have been left feeling dissatified. Yes, they were even worse in the pre-NuWho era, but I was considerably younger and more naive then.

And I agree on the rapid departure of the Ponds. They had been around for so long that I expected something more convincing for their leaving. I need closure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back