New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems simple to me. If you think you are going to be able to get better than this do it. If not, buy it.

Chicken Pox scar is just above her left eye I think. I the first sculpt just had more detail like skin texture and such. It was issues with her agent and herself our brief from her agent was she looks like a doll when you see her in real life lol. But when I changed the paint for approval I was worried as I thought it looked to much like a sex doll lol.

ShadowX81. We are getting orders for the 10th all the time so I hope you don't miss out. Please remember that this is a prototype and the fit of the clothes will change. We have the manufacturer looking at a material to get a better fit. The material you see in the images is quite thick this is because it was the only fabric we could print on here that was thin enough. The manufacturer has got some tricks up their sleeves to get this to fit more correct. But when you hold this prototype in hand the tailoring and detail in the clothes is outstanding it really is.

Sorry her and her agent were difficult to work with. However, what you were able to give us is still incredible and I'll cherish the figure.

Sorry her and her agent were difficult to work with. However, what you were able to give us is still incredible and I'll cherish the figure.

Don't get me wrong she was not difficult to work with, but if we didn't do the changes then it would have been difficult.

Thanks Greggo. She looks great!

181361_437211376310585_1607971498_n.jpg

Oh my, that looks very nice. Still deciding on Amy, but mostly due to spending money on other things!

181361_437211376310585_1607971498_n.jpg

WOW! Just, wow!! That is the revised sculpt? Well I am glad I POed when I did, right at the start. This is just beautiful work by Tony. Tony and Trevor are such brilliant artists, as you are Greggo, for your paint jobs.

You fellows clearly do not sit around with your hands in your pockets, or playing shove ha'penny, even if that's how it may seem to outside observers.

I am so 'In' for this you would not believe it!

Also, for those who are unsure why their order page on their BCS accounts page shows "Processing" for their items, this is totally correct as per this FB post...

https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited/posts/10152142622121002?comment_id=438293612

I think 10 looks as good as any other mass market item, considering the difficulty in pulling off suits. For some reason they are always tough. I'm not sure if many of you have collected this scale long, but remember how bad the SSC Belloq from Indiana Jones line was or go back further some of their 007 figures or others from the 2000s?

Yes, this is more expensive now so quality should be better than that, but personally I'm more than happy with it as is. As an example, they really nailed how tailored his suit is, along the legs is spot on while still maintaining fabric draping and folding. For how lean the character is, it would have been easy to make the trouser hips too wide and the ankle too thin, giving each leg a \ / shape instead of the very sleak | | that we are getting. I'm impressed.

If they can get it better by using thinner material, great, but I've been around long enough to have perspective and know that not every thing can be scaled down to 1:6. ESPECIALLY the thickness of fabric.

You don't want a suit the thickness of paper because that will look translucent or be so frail that you can't move the figure or folds become permanent creases, etc. Yeah, this means that collars might be a little thick. Its better than it falling apart.

Last edited:
Amy was sculpted by Tony Leetham. The head sculpt is an amazing likeness, however when we took it for approval Karen was not happy about certain things. Most women don't want to see their imperfections such as chubbier face, chicken poc scar etc etc. So we had to change it. The sculpt is still spot on. The paint job that is shown in the prototype images was the one Karen approved for us to use. Myself being the painter was not very happy with it but we had to go with it. Before we started manufacture of Amy I repainted the new sculpted head and shipped it to China to paint match it. Follow the link to see this fantastic piece. If someone wants to upload the images please feel free. I just don't have the time to upload it lol. I hope this covers some of the issues?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2977321.101096.172136922818033&type=3&theater

Greggo

This is the best shot of the sculpt I've seen. I thought the initial photos of Amy's figure did look too chubby, so in my opinion, she may have been right.

This is the best shot of the sculpt I've seen. I thought the initial photos of Amy's figure did look too chubby, so in my opinion, she may have been right.

The paint job in the photo on my Facebook page is the same sculpt as the prototype one! The other sculpt was never shown! It just shows how paint can change a sculpt lol

Amy does look fantastic. I've fallen in love with her character again like I did in series 5. She seemed a bit annoying after that series, sadly.

I liked Amy so much more before they clouded her character with River Song, who IMO is one of the most annoying Who characters ever.

Amy was sculpted by Tony Leetham. The head sculpt is an amazing likeness, however when we took it for approval Karen was not happy about certain things. Most women don't want to see their imperfections such as chubbier face, chicken poc scar etc etc. So we had to change it. The sculpt is still spot on. The paint job that is shown in the prototype images was the one Karen approved for us to use. Myself being the painter was not very happy with it but we had to go with it. Before we started manufacture of Amy I repainted the new sculpted head and shipped it to China to paint match it. Follow the link to see this fantastic piece. If someone wants to upload the images please feel free. I just don't have the time to upload it lol. I hope this covers some of the issues?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2977321.101096.172136922818033&type=3&theater

Greggo
This should be compulsory reading for all those that complain about likeness issues, very informative cheers Greggo.

I liked Amy so much more before they clouded her character with River Song, who IMO is one of the most annoying Who characters ever.

Yeah. I never believed the chemistry between the Doctor and River. She did not look, to me, like she was actually attracted to him or vica versa. It wasn't like either Doctor and Rose.

And they rely way to heavily on catchphrases with River...

Greggo's photo of Amy shows a great resemblence, the sculpt really captures, not just the appearance but the ethereal, haunting quality of her character (for those like me who liked her and didn't find her annoying!).

Young female characters with smooth faces are virtually impossible to sculpt so it's a great job.

Greggo's photo of Amy shows a great resemblence, the sculpt really captures, not just the appearance but the ethereal, haunting quality of her character (for those like me who liked her and didn't find her annoying!).

Young female characters with smooth faces are virtually impossible to sculpt so it's a great job.

Not once did I ever find her character annoying, she was great and I truly miss her. She going to be a great figure, there's no doubt in my mind.

The pic looks very good. Lookin forward to reading that CO want my money!!! I dont normally look forward to bills. :rotfl

And I have completed all of the CAD parts for the TARDIS. Door mechanism works. You cant see it in the shots, but the dynamic model works great, with the doors opening and closing.

Bear in mind that this is a generic TARDIS with sizing etc determined from a range, and aiming to look at home with any Doctor.

Here are final CAD shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back