New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is simple. (they usually are). Back to tape. Same principle as the sliding panels, but the door is cut off from the edging strip. From the back, the edginging strip is taped back onto the door. So, it hinges, but only one way. This is then plugged into the slot in the pillar. The tape creates added thickness, generating an interference fit, and therefore a secure connection.

I just love simple solutions.

Oh by the way, I had a dream I got the Amy figure and it was incredible, all except for the face sculpt. It didn't look anything like Karen. So my dream quickly turned into a nightmare. Boy was I happy when I woke up.

I just love simple solutions.

Oh by the way, I had a dream I got the Amy figure and it was incredible, all except for the face sculpt. It didn't look anything like Karen. So my dream quickly turned into a nightmare. Boy was I happy when I woke up.

I have had a worry about the Amy from the off. I have never been overly happy with the images, but not so much that I wouldn't want this. I think it is damn near impossible to create a good quality real hair figure. I was looking at the IM2 black widow figure last week. The hair is all messed up now and it just looks, wrong. I know that people like the real hair, but I believe that a well sculpted hair would have been the way to go. My Martha CO 1:6 has a really good hair sculpt. No problem with that.
How long have we been waiting for this anyway :rotfl

I have had a worry about the Amy from the off. I have never been overly happy with the images, but not so much that I wouldn't want this. I think it is damn near impossible to create a good quality real hair figure. I was looking at the IM2 black widow figure last week. The hair is all messed up now and it just looks, wrong. I know that people like the real hair, but I believe that a well sculpted hair would have been the way to go. My Martha CO 1:6 has a really good hair sculpt. No problem with that.
How long have we been waiting for this anyway :rotfl
Sculpted hair would have been better but I'm just happy we're getting her and that she wasn't cancelled. But to answer your question, it feels like forever.

Yup, that's what I was thinking. I can remember getting excited on the preorder morning ( for it is like 2am) trying to get in that order for the signed edition. Hm. Now, months later. It's still available, nd I think they even give away free prints !!

If they reduce Amy I may get a signed edition. She's my favorite character ever. Though I could always by a little plaque and send it to Karen to sign. She's in the U.S. now so turnaround time can't be that long.

I think that once BC confirm availability of Amy, it will fly out of the door. I do believe that a lot if people have lost faith in this seeing the light of day. I still have faith that it'll be available, probably mid march.

I think that once BC confirm availability of Amy, it will fly out of the door. I do believe that a lot if people have lost faith in this seeing the light of day. I still have faith that it'll be available, probably mid march.

I hope she sells well, BC deserves it for going through the whole body change fiasco.

Agreed. At least the popularity of 10 must be a big confidence booster for them. 11 is next best thing to sold out.. So Amy might come along at just the right time and be the only thing available. I suppose that's not a bad position to be in, having all of your product sold!!

Agreed. At least the popularity of 10 must be a big confidence booster for them. 11 is next best thing to sold out.. So Amy might come along at just the right time and be the only thing available. I suppose that's not a bad position to be in, having all of your product sold!!
Yeah, not a bad position to be in at all.

Amy was sculpted by Tony Leetham. The head sculpt is an amazing likeness, however when we took it for approval Karen was not happy about certain things. Most women don't want to see their imperfections such as chubbier face, chicken poc scar etc etc. So we had to change it. The sculpt is still spot on. The paint job that is shown in the prototype images was the one Karen approved for us to use. Myself being the painter was not very happy with it but we had to go with it. Before we started manufacture of Amy I repainted the new sculpted head and shipped it to China to paint match it. Follow the link to see this fantastic piece. If someone wants to upload the images please feel free. I just don't have the time to upload it lol. I hope this covers some of the issues?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2977321.101096.172136922818033&type=3&theater

Greggo

Thanks Greggo. She looks great!

181361_437211376310585_1607971498_n.jpg

Amy was sculpted by Tony Leetham. The head sculpt is an amazing likeness, however when we took it for approval Karen was not happy about certain things. Most women don't want to see their imperfections such as chubbier face, chicken poc scar etc etc. So we had to change it. The sculpt is still spot on. The paint job that is shown in the prototype images was the one Karen approved for us to use. Myself being the painter was not very happy with it but we had to go with it. Before we started manufacture of Amy I repainted the new sculpted head and shipped it to China to paint match it. Follow the link to see this fantastic piece. If someone wants to upload the images please feel free. I just don't have the time to upload it lol. I hope this covers some of the issues?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2977321.101096.172136922818033&type=3&theater

Greggo
Thanks Greggo, I know Karen has a check bone dimple (chicken pox???) on one side which was recreated in the original sculpt but isn't on the updated sculpt. I love all her imperfections but obviously she wouldn't want to be seen with them. As far as the chubbier face goes, she teased herself as being a moon face. So it's weird shed have an issue with that.

Im really torn on 10. On one hand, I love the character and would love a representation of him. I also am worried if I don't order now, I wont be able to get it.

On the other, my own personal rule is that I do not buy a figure before I see in hand pics, and as others have pointed out; some aspects of this figure concern me, particularly the fit of the clothes.

Chicken Pox scar is just above her left eye I think. I the first sculpt just had more detail like skin texture and such. It was issues with her agent and herself our brief from her agent was she looks like a doll when you see her in real life lol. But when I changed the paint for approval I was worried as I thought it looked to much like a sex doll lol.

ShadowX81. We are getting orders for the 10th all the time so I hope you don't miss out. Please remember that this is a prototype and the fit of the clothes will change. We have the manufacturer looking at a material to get a better fit. The material you see in the images is quite thick this is because it was the only fabric we could print on here that was thin enough. The manufacturer has got some tricks up their sleeves to get this to fit more correct. But when you hold this prototype in hand the tailoring and detail in the clothes is outstanding it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back