Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can all be found at retail easily. Last time people panicked was for Batgirl, and it dropped in value. Same for Lobo, I've found a bunch for under retail actually.
Seriously the preorder is like this: if a piece done in the thousands sells out before you buy, you waited too long. If it sells out, jump on the waitlist early and it will 100% convert. Or buy at retail from people who unload pretty much always. If you really miss out, pay 50$ above retail and buy it. End of the story. There is not a single PF that has really appreciated in value for years now, I think.

At first you're talking about not a single ex been sold out and now it's about ex sellin at retail?
But I do agree sold out PF ex you can get for like $50-$100 above retail. Regardless, it still sold out.
Btw lobo EX for less than retail or the reg? The ex has been selling well above retail

I think both the SSC and XM Venom's have alot going for them. SSC is creating a neat diorama type aspect to alot of their statues and sticking to some shading paint apps that, when executed well look amazing in person as they blend in so subtley. The Spidey series fits. The modern Avengers all fit. Their DC Chess like hierarchy statues fit. And XM is doing new and innovative things as well. Knocking stuff out of the park especially with their QA/QC and the little extra steps. The paint apps are more solid in nature but that's their style and it works well. It is very comic based. The sculpts are second to none right now but SSC has upped their game.

I think a true Spidey fan would love to have both of these in his/her collection if price isn't an issue. Competition is a great thing.

There is room for both Venoms in my collection and if Prime1's is good then all three probably. With Venom being my favorite villian I cant get enough. Only problem I have is which will go in the office and which goes in the mancave.

To many choices now, PF's are depreciating in value as more and more statues of the same characters are coming out from other companies... Although you do have exceptions to the rule, I did make a ok profit on Harley Ex I just sold :)

Luck you mate =)

At first you're talking about not a single ex been sold out and now it's about ex sellin at retail?

No, I said almost no statue in a couple of years has sensibly appreciated in value. With "sensibly" being a keyword, if a person cries for paying 50$ above retail on a sold out piece, he's in the wrong hobby.
It's two different things by the way: Exclusives don't sell out on the website before release (1-2 years), ergo people have all the time of the world to grab them up. I mean, 1-2 years it's A LOT of time to decide if you want a statue or not.
After the statue comes out, there's always some months when people just unload their copies, including Exclusives, at retail. You can also find them BELOW retail, actually, either the Exclusives or Regulars. Lots of pieces going for less than retail at the moment. Oh, and the waitlist on the website when it sells out - jump on it early, 100% guarante it converts.
So unless you wait, say, 3 years from preorder to grab a piece, you have exactly zero reason to "panick".

No the Lobos I found (I'm in Europe) were Regulars, and the deals were in the 500$ shipped (it retailed at around 700$, here) - keep in mind we usually don't care much about Exclusives here because of import fees, but yes I think the Lobo Ex is going for something above retail.
My point was: are people really willing to pay so much above retail, considering most Exclusives don't really add much to the statue? A batarang, a slightly different head, a hammer on the base... and so on. Who panicks over that stuff? Nobody, I think. Which was my point. I don't see people "panicking" over missing PFs and such, not anymore. Yeah someone complains and some others fall for the hype of the moment, like the few ones who paid 800$ for Batgirl Ex.
But other than that, it seems that for PFs it's a very quiet hobby, with plenty of time to buy with no regrets - which is not an issue, to be clear. I'm not in the camp of those who want each and every preorder to be a bloodlusting manhunt.

Definitely every character is being made by so many companies. Most are just holding back to see what is being offered. NO reason to rush, or fear of sold out now days. =)

Figure SS would put this up for PO asap. Before P1 reveals theirs.

I was hoping for a Spook release but instead we got Black Cat. Oh well. Soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not in a rush. I'd like to pay off all my current preorders before starting any new ones. Knowing they are coming is enough for me right now. :)

Agreed ^_^

Sideshow needs to expedite things on their end before XM and Prime continue their reign and grow more fans. Sideshow has a really strong fanbase, but no one can say that they're not feeling pressure from these other companies.

Sideshow needs to expedite things on their end before XM and Prime continue their reign and grow more fans. Sideshow has a really strong fanbase, but no one can say that they're not feeling pressure from these other companies.

For sure. These two new companies are creating a big buzz for collectors

For sure. These two new companies are creating a big buzz for collectors

I don't necessarily think they are creating pressure but I do agree in some aspect. XM without a NA license doesn't matter to SS and Prime were doing 1/3 before so I think the more interest they made benefited SS. I do not know though

To their credit, SSC also carries quite a few licenses, so you gotta have "something" to be able to attain them. My next Sideshow order will either be this, which to me looks great. Or the Iron Giant maquette, which also looks great, really good. It's nice to have more options for sure, but untill the other companies attain more licences I think they still have breathing room. Let's see how quickly that changes...

To their credit, SSC also carries quite a few licenses, so you gotta have "something" to be able to attain them. My next Sideshow order will either be this, which to me looks great. Or the Iron Giant maquette, which also looks great, really good. It's nice to have more options for sure, but untill the other companies attain more licences I think they still have breathing room. Let's see how quickly that changes...

Very fair point and I agree.

There's more than just Marvel.

Back