NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it ever proven that Ben raped anyone? Is this new or breaking news?
Did she file a police report,did the police take a report?
Did she file a criminal lawsuit against him? No.
Did she file a civil lawsuit against him for money? YES.
She was after one thing MONEY and that's it.
No charges of rape were ever filed against him,deal with it and move on.
LET'S GO STEELERS!

One time is a coincidence two times is a trend. :lecture

I'd be discouraged if the officer who took the report described me as a "____ing drunk _____", and said that Roethlisberger has a lot of money and pursuing the case would be a "waste of time". Oh and then when that officer takes a picture with Ben because he's a big fan? That would definitely make me think he was completely impartial!

The victims are up against a celebrity's money, and in this case, team's fan base. If she already had this bad of an experience simply trying to file a report, why would she want all of her information out in public for a case that probably won't lead to a conviction?

ept_sports_nfl_experts-787535962-1295361254.jpg

The real problem for me judging Ben is the lack of real evidence. I honestly don't know who to believe, but 2 occurrences could just as well be momentum from the 2nd woman believing she could capitalize on the fact that he was previously accused.

In other words, even for an innocent star athlete, a second accusation would actually seem much more likely than a first because an unscrupulous person would see an opportunity to exploit him where a seed of doubt was already planted.

Unfortunately, we can't "look into the souls" of these people to know what really happened (or at least, I can't). Unlike other athletes who either were convicted of crimes or at least had some clear evidence that they committed heinous acts, even if they weren't convicted somehow.

The whole Ben situation really seems like just word of one person against another. So, I personally can't judge Ben either way, though it wouldn't shock me either way.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

-Bill Clinton
-Ben Roethlisberger
-Kobe Bryant
-Brett Favre

The real problem for me judging Ben is the lack of real evidence. I honestly don't know who to believe, but 2 occurrences could just as well be momentum from the 2nd woman believing she could capitalize on the fact that he was previously accused.

In other words, even for an innocent star athlete, a second accusation would actually seem much more likely than a first because an unscrupulous person would see an opportunity to exploit him where a seed of doubt was already planted.

Unfortunately, we can't "look into the souls" of these people to know what really happened (or at least, I can't). Unlike other athletes who either were convicted of crimes or at least had some clear evidence that they committed heinous acts, even if they weren't convicted somehow.

The whole Ben situation really seems like just word of one person against another. So, I personally can't judge Ben either way, though it wouldn't shock me either way.

Didn't happen to Kobe Bryant twice and yet everyone still makes rape jokes about him (even though that chick so was guilty of trying to extort that it was just crazy) so Ben's just going to have to deal with it.

Yeah, but Kobe is a scumbag, so his story is less believable. . .

I kid! :D

He will have to deal with it, and he deserves to go through some of it because he foolishly put himself in a bad place where he could be accused the 2nd time around.

I just personally don't believe any of that without more evidence. I don't know what these guys are really like behind closed doors, and don't want to make too many inferences. They are entitled ego-maniacs who probably feel they are above the law. So, again, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that any of those stories were true.

Nor would I be surprised to find out that they were just attempts by unsavory people to extort these athletes or the system for money and attention.

Back