NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Giant fan here, but when the G-Men aren't playing, i'm rooting for the JETS. 2 impressive wins over powerhouses has got me excited.

JETS - STEELERS is gonna be NUTS...but not as nuts as Clay Matthews.

I hope the Steelers and the Bears make it through. I follow the AFC and am a big Broncos fan...and the only thing I have to cheer about (in a six degrees of Kevin Bacon way...:lol) is that Jay Cutler "was" a Bronco..(and STILL should be..:dunno)..

So, go big Ben, but it would be OK to see the Bears do it also..

I feel sick. What a complete strategic meltdown in almost every conceivable area.

Go Steelers next week, and then whoever represents the NFC.

I'm feeling the same way. Devastating loss. I probably wouldn't feel this way had it been another team...but after the way Rex and Cromartie was running their mouth about Brady and the rest of the team. It's just disappointing. The Jets are a bunch of classless jerks. I hope the Steelers put Rex's foot in his mouth next weekend. Also hoping for a Packers win on the NFC side.

I wasn't on facebook until like May of this year. I'm convinced steelers fans are some of the most obnoxious fans in all of the NFL. I hope they lose to the Jets and wished the Ravens beat them. :lol

You can divide the people of the world into groups based on any aspect of life that you want, gender, race, religion, nationality, hair color...and you will find that fairly consistently, about 10% (give or take) will be _______s. Unfortunately, that goes for Steelers fans as well as it goes for fans of every other sports team on Earth. I know or know of many Steelers fans that are an embarrassment. But 90% of them are great people as are 90% of the fans of every other sports teams on Earth.

On a side note. I have always liked the Packers as my unofficial "second" favorite team in the NFL...so I would like to see them go the SB, but in the end, lose to the Steelers (fingers crossed that they make it.), or the Jets if it is them that go...AFC has to win in my book as (I think) the AFC is behind by 2 Superbowls to the NFC.

I really don't know who to pull for now. I know for certain I hate the Jets so they are out. I love Polomalu, and like Tomlin, but my hatred for Hines Ward might outweigh that card. I really would love to see Lovie Smith get a ring, but I hate, hate, hate Jay Cutler. I really dislike Mike McCarthy, but would love to see Rodgers get a ring to finally get the Favre monkey off his back, plus I like Clay Matthews so they seem to be my front runner.

You can divide the people of the world into groups based on any aspect of life that you want, gender, race, religion, nationality, hair color...and you will find that fairly consistently, about 10% (give or take) will be _______s. Unfortunately, that goes for Steelers fans as well as it goes for fans of every other sports team on Earth. I know or know of many Steelers fans that are an embarrassment. But 90% of them are great people as are 90% of the fans of every other sports teams on Earth.

Very true, but why do I always seem to run into the bad 10% of Steelers fans. :)

I don't care who goes to or wins the super, except the Steelers. They have had two rings this past decade. Which is why I'm glad the pretty boy Patriots lost, they have 3 this past decade as well.

Let another team well deserving claim one. Lovie Smith and Bears deserve one since they were so close to winning it all in 2006. Rodgers and Pack deserve one. And the Jets even though I'm not an Edwards fans and they (including their coach) run their big mouths too much, would be a nice change of pace.

Jets are garbage, Steelers are led by a rapist and the Packers QB loves himself more than Jesus ever could. I guess I'm going with the Bears, but damn this is depressing....

I really don't know who to pull for now. I know for certain I hate the Jets so they are out. I love Polomalu, and like Tomlin, but my hatred for Hines Ward might outweigh that card. I really would love to see Lovie Smith get a ring, but I hate, hate, hate Jay Cutler. I really dislike Mike McCarthy, but would love to see Rodgers get a ring to finally get the Favre monkey off his back, plus I like Clay Matthews so they seem to be my front runner.
Yeah, similarly, I've got players and coaches that I like and dislike to one degree or another on the remaining teams. In general, I guess I'll root against the Steelers just because they've already won twice in the last few years, and would like another fan-base should get some joy out of winning the big one. I don't care much for Sanchez, but I don't mind Rex Ryan or any of the other Jets too much. I like Aaron Rodgers, Lovie Smith, and even Urlacher, so I wouldn't mind either of those teams winning.

I guess I'm just hoping for some enjoyable games at this point.

Yeah, similarly, I've got players and coaches that I like and dislike to one degree or another on the remaining teams.

I guess I'm just hoping for some enjoyable games at this point.

These two statements are pretty much where I'm at right now.

My dislike for the 2010 Jets goes beyond just the laundry and being a division rival that beat my team. They just have SO many unlikeable players I can't see how anyone can root for them without being a Jets fan. I mean really how can people rally behind a deadbeat like Antonio Cromartie?

The Steelers are a classy organization for the most part. I really don't mind them as much as fellow Patriot fans I know do.

Packers and Bears are both pretty unoffensive. Either one winning wouldn't bother me. Maybe I'd like to see the Packers win it a bit more. Sticking it to Favre and all.:)

The 6 Time Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers vs the new jersey jets next Sunday! I hope the STEELERS crush them!

Can I hope that a huge sinkhole appears at the 50 yard line and take both teams down to the depths of the earth never to be seen again? :)

Jets are garbage, Steelers are led by a rapist and the Packers QB loves himself more than Jesus ever could. I guess I'm going with the Bears, but damn this is depressing....

Do you even watch the NFL? Cutler is one of the biggest arrogant cry baby in the entire league. :lol

On a side note. I have always liked the Packers as my unofficial "second" favorite team in the NFL...so I would like to see them go the SB, but in the end, lose to the Steelers (fingers crossed that they make it.), or the Jets if it is them that go...AFC has to win in my book as (I think) the AFC is behind by 2 Superbowls to the NFC.
I live about 85 miles east of Puttsburgh. Talk about ****** bag fans. And yes, there are big time band wagon jumpers around here.

I've been to a few Steeler games, and it's nothing like perceived on TV. The fans are awesome, even from the opposing teams. If the stars ever align for you and you get an opportunity, definitely go. But my wife and I went to a Notre Dame @ Pitt game (she's an Irish fan, I could care less) and she's 6 months pregnant, and I didn't think I was going to make it to the stadium without decking someone. Some drunk chick steps in front of my wife calling her a loser because she had a ND shirt on. Luckily, someone else jumped in her face before I could. Those college kids are idiots! But definitely good time at a Steelers game.

Back