NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at Wal Mart yesterday in the electronics when all 58 of their display TVs show the NFL Networks top 10 plays of Super Bowl XLV. Man did Pittsburgh play like ____ in that game. I think I can honestly say the Steelers were not the best team to represent the AFC in that game, but it seems as though Green Bay was the best for the NFC.

As a Steelers fan, it's cool that Kevin Greene is getting a ring, though. Much the same as the only good thing about the Ravens winning XXXV was Rod Woodson finally getting a ring.

On another note, it sure looks like nobody is putting forth any real effort to prevent that lock out. Which sucks for me, because I really don't get into any pro sports besides football and hockey (Pens only, and I'm quickly losing interest with the way they're playing). Go Penn State, I guess.

On another note, it sure looks like nobody is putting forth any real effort to prevent that lock out. Which sucks for me, because I really don't get into any pro sports besides football and hockey (Pens only, and I'm quickly losing interest with the way they're playing). Go Penn State, I guess.

It's definitely not looking very good. I'm thankful that the rest of the New England sports teams are competitive right now, making it fun to watch them.

However, losing this coming season would really piss me off. The team just went 14-2 in a rebuilding year with much of the young talent showing great improvement. Then there's our HOF QB who will be 34 in August. His window of elite play isn't going to open forever and we've already lost a season of him thanks to Bernard Pollard, losing another would be terrible.

I

It doesn't really matter until we hit August and start missing camps and games and I think it will be done before that. Right now nobody is losing any money so they don't have a real need to talk.

It's definitely not looking very good. I'm thankful that the rest of the New England sports teams are competitive right now, making it fun to watch them.

However, losing this coming season would really piss me off. The team just went 14-2 in a rebuilding year with much of the young talent showing great improvement. Then there's our HOF QB who will be 34 in August. His window of elite play isn't going to open forever and we've already lost a season of him thanks to Bernard Pollard, losing another would be terrible.

Actually, Pollard was blocked into him. Just saying.

No, he was blocked down and then lunged at Brady's knee area. It's pretty clear if you look at the video.

He was blocked down dove while Brady stepped up to throw. It wasn't with an intent to hurt him. I've seen the video and saw the game live. I live in the KC area.

He was blocked down and into Brady. I've seen the video and saw the game live. I live in the KC area.

It's pretty clear he lunged and was not blocked into the knee.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T7aVe_Ge09U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok he was as I said diving to tackle as he got up and as Brady stepped up to throw. Having watched Pollard play here in KC I don't think it was to hurt Brady. He never played like a dirty player while here anyways.

I will say that the reason I said blocked into is because as Pollard tries to get up that running back is trying to block him back into the ground.Forcing Pollard to be at the lower leg than the thigh hip area.

Ok he was as I said diving to tackle as he got up and as Brady stepped up to throw. Having watched Pollard play here in KC I don't think it was to hurt Brady. He never played like a dirty player while here anyways.

I don't think he intentionally was trying to hurt him, to me he was just doing his job, don't stop until the play is dead. Brady had the ball still or from his perspective he did so he was going for him.

Yeah i think he was just trying to make a play. Now the play on Palmer was worse but still I don't think it was on purpose.

I would say rarely do players go out an intentionally try to injurer players, well unless they play for the Jets.

The hit to Brady's knee was unintentional. Yes, it is common for a team's game plan to be hitting the QB every chance you get, throwing his timing and rhythm off, and in turn making him uncomfortable (look at what the Saints did to Favre in the 07 NFC title game), but no one can honestly believe that Pollard's intent was to injure Brady on that hit. These guys are all competitive and want to win with no excuses, not at the extent of another player's well being.

Yeah i think he was just trying to make a play. Now the play on Palmer was worse but still I don't think it was on purpose.

I would say rarely do players go out an intentionally try to injurer players, well unless they play for the Jets.

Yeah, Von Olhoffen knew he hurt him bad as soon as he hit him and was apologizing like crazy.

I was talking to a guy from Cinncy on XBox live right after that game who was there, and he said as they were carting Palmer off the field a lot of the Steelers fans started cheering and fist fights started erupting every where. Honestly, for any fan base to do that is completely classless.

I will say that the reason I said blocked into is because as Pollard tries to get up that running back is trying to block him back into the ground.Forcing Pollard to be at the lower leg than the thigh hip area.

I don't think it was intentional. It was just a ____ty end result to the play.

I was at Wal Mart yesterday in the electronics when all 58 of their display TVs show the NFL Networks top 10 plays of Super Bowl XLV.

I was there the other day, and they had a Top plays of the week/month/whatever for the NHL. I was standing there for about 20 minutes, and must have had six different people ask if I needed help.

No one can say the electronics department at that location ignores the customer. :lol

Back