Official BB/TDK Scarecrow Dr. Crane Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts on the clothes?

I think your clothes, and the dirt deco, look terrific!

If you can find a tan or olive brown WWII tie on ebay, try that. There's probably tons of them. Search 'german shirt' or WWII shirt, sometimes the shirts come with ties and aren't listed.

Here's a mustard tie that you could dye darker tan/brown:

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Did-80037-WW2-Otto-Bittman-Yellow-Tie_W0QQitemZ170454752217QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27afe51bd9

ADVICE: Scarecrow Custom Clothing.

Hey Guys,

Since SEB doesn't seem to be taking on anymore scarecrow mask orders, I wanted to produce my own figure...need to some assistance on clothing, I want my scarecrow to be just in a suit. but any ideas where i can buy a suit similiar to the he wears in the films, along with shoes, shirt and tie....any online vendors that offer the ideal clothing or will have i have to piece-meal-it on ebay? appreciate all the feedback. thanks!

Re: ADVICE: Scarecrow Custom Clothing.

Just get a Hot Toys Two-face. That will give you everything you need except for the tie and mask of course. Then just get a blue tie off of ebay or where ever and you have Scarecrow from the Akrham scene where he gases Rachel.

Here is mine until I can get a better mask:

dsc01486w.jpg

But I'm having more fun with a comic look:

dsc01561t.jpg

The Harvey suit is the way to go. I went for a TDK version Scarecrow:
sc5.jpg

How are you approacing the mask? I've been working on V2 for mine...actually sewing! :google:D

I'll post an image of my mask tonight.

Basically, I went to a fabric's store and picked up a yard of material that resembled burlap (I believe its a heavy linen material), I then got an old HT head and started to wrap the material around the head to get a basic shape I liked, to create some fold and depth to the mask, I used super-glue on the flaps of materials. being my first time "hand-sewing" at least on this scale, I bought light brown (for the mask) and black (for the mouth) string to sew with. Trimming out the eyes first I added the small patch around the eye (as seen on SEB's mask), then started filling out the features. Since no one would ever see the back of my mask's head, I knew the back didn't need to be perfect or reflect the actual mask, so I kept that alot more loose. Since the coloring was off, I soaked my mask in tea to get a darker coloring of brown, then used various paints and charcoal techniques to get a weathered look. In the end, happy with it, I know it's not the best out there, but hey, at least now I have my own Scarecrow.

Thanks all for the input and photos, those Scarecrow's are great, will try and score a Dent suit and weather it down.:naughty

Sorry for the delay in posting images...yes, I finally finished assembling my Scarecrow, I'm pretty happy with it.

My camera crapped out on me recently, so haven't had the chance to photography my work. I plan to either borrow a camera today, otherwise I'll use my phone to get some shots of the end product. Will post images tonight, thanks all again for the ideas and info.

Hey Guys,

again sorry for the delay, but finally got a proper camera, what do you think of Scarecrow?

picture.php

picture.php

Finally had the time to start working on my own SC custom. Of course I started with the mask. Here's my first attempt. Still a WIP (still needs the black mouth, some fuzing and colour) but I am happy with the direction it is going to.

bild0645y.jpg

This is the look I am after:

2180992971b7901ae75d.jpg

Finally had the time to start working on my own SC custom. Of course I started with the mask. Here's my first attempt. Still a WIP (still needs the black mouth, some fuzing and colour) but I am happy with the direction it is going to.

I like the look of it so far - looking forward to more pics...

Hey Guys!I wanna WOW!All your SC ROCK!If it wasn't for this i don't think i would've had any idea on how to begin with designing and making my Scarecrow figure and i hope that when it's complete that it could look almost as good as all of your Scarecrows.THANK YOU ALL!

It would take a lot of work to make it look decent though. It huge and just poorly done in general. Its a great base I guess, but its not something easy I would think.

Back