Official BB/TDK Scarecrow Dr. Crane Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Watch out Rachel!.."
Uh oh, too late.
:blackbat

aaasc1.jpg

I removed the jacket for the first time for this Crane Scarecrow look. Again, the head is a bit large so I lose the baggy effect of the mask. I may still get a smaller head, but underneath the mask is the Sovereign Cillian mashed hair Sculpt so I'm keeping it as is for now.

aaasc2.jpg

It's really hard to see the hang of the mask below the chin to the neckline because the noose actually fools the eye. I'll post more pics soon, including Cillian Sculpt with jacket on. Cheers.

Last edited:
There's a simplicity to the Scarecrow in just the suit that's very cool. That, and he appears that way in 97.4% of both films.

I'd love to see a close-up of your mask, P. I know it's hard to get a good shot of it when you photograph the full fig. The detail and texture just get lost.

I know you love that Cilly head, but I highly recommend a smaller head to get that saggy, baggy look.

I think the mask would looks greater with a smaller head. right now it seems a bit too tight to the head

Paul, can you put up a pic of the three villains? Love to see that.

I already did, somewhere. My TF head is in Belgium with Seb so that update will have to wait. Found it.

aaci.jpg

Here's a quick shot I took months ago of Crane in SC Jacket. I know, it's not the greatest Cillian Sculpt, but it's the only one done to date, and in hand looks much better, I promise. :blackbat

asca.jpg

Last edited:
That flat-haired Cilly sculpt actually looks pretty good there.

I know its all for accuracy, but that straitjacket collar does the same thing on mine; bunches up and thickens the neckline which makes the mask wider at the bottom so you lose some of the 'hang' of the mask. A slim figure with that really narrow neck might be the solution.

Although I know most people really like the Scarecrow in just the suit, I think the straitjacket just adds so much 'creep' factor. That, and I like the irony of the doctor of Arkham in a straitjacket -- plays up the line "when did the nut take over the nuthouse."

Worked on the mask a bit, got the chin flap/fold working now. This is pretty much how it looks with the Cilly head although the chin area is still wet from water treatment. The pic doesn't really show all the cool folds, textured shadows and scars in this light, still needs more futzing but the overall shape is pretty much how it looks. I may try to fit it over a smaller Dragon Head and play baggy Mask next. :blackbat

ascmask.jpg

Last edited:
I, like others, have had a mask-less Scarecrow for a while now. The other day at work, I found this packing paper that came with a lcd projector bulb. For some reason, I thought to myself..."this texture might work as a mask for my Scarecrow"...:google

Now, take it easy on me guys - this is a first try, and I know he looks more Tusken Raider than Scarecrow. At least he'll fill the void in the detolf until I can upgrade the mask to some Seb goodness. :D

He's on a narrow TT and the suit is Harvey Dent's. The shirt was dyed to beige and the tie is my custom. I still plan to sew/velcro/glue the suit jacket closed.

Onward and upward friends.

sc1w.jpg

sc4s.jpg

sc2w.jpg

sc5.jpg

I like the size of the eyeholes and tightness around the jaw/neck on your mask, but I like the overall material on Seb's.

Damn it. How can I get my hands on a mask. Can someone PLEASE tell me!!! I want a Scarecrow!!!

Thats actually not bad at all. Nice texture to the mask.

Thanks man. The texture of the paper was the first thing that got me thinking Scarecrow.

I like the size of the eyeholes and tightness around the jaw/neck on your mask, but I like the overall material on Seb's.

Thanks Ed. Seb's masks have that burlap thing going on, and honestly are second to none - best ever. I'm just messing around in comparison. :lol

Damn it. How can I get my hands on a mask. Can someone PLEASE tell me!!! I want a Scarecrow!!!

Best bet is to try yourself. Seb's is a masterpiece but hard to acquire, and the only other one I've seen out there is the Sovereign Studios mask. I just saw one on ebay last week.

Ooooooo. Love it. I'd suggest darkening it somehow? It's kind of bright looking. But apart from that, I'd say it's one of the best one's I've seen :)

As for "making your own," I really think the Movie Master's accessory has potential with proper mods.

As for "making your own," I really think the Movie Master's accessory has potential with proper mods.

Zahal made a mask out of that Movie Masters Evidence accessory and it looked great. It's definitely the way to go if you can't get elvis.

BTW, Pennyworth, your mask looks pretty darn good for what you used. Did you use a toothpick for the "teeth"? I also agree maybe some darkening in some areas.

Ooooooo. Love it. I'd suggest darkening it somehow? It's kind of bright looking. But apart from that, I'd say it's one of the best one's I've seen :)

thanks man! I tried to dirty up the material somewhat, but agree that it could use some darkening in general. The only issue is that it's pretty fragile and I could rip it if not careful.

BTW, Pennyworth, your mask looks pretty darn good for what you used. Did you use a toothpick for the "teeth"? I also agree maybe some darkening in some areas.

I appreciate the kind words. The mouth "stitching" is actually leather piping cut and glued into place.

In order to really acheive that sagging look for the mask, I'm considering exploring some different fabrics and getting the sewing needle out. :)

Any thoughts on the clothes? I know my tie is more green than brown, but for my first custom neck tie, I was pretty psyched. I need to futz the knot a bit smaller. And with the shirt, the one he wears in TDK is striped, but I couldn't pull that off, so I tried to dye a white shirt to at least get close to the color.

Pennyworth - you have some serious customizing talent judging from this and your work on the interrogation scene table / chair - look fwd to seeing more from you!!

Pennyworth - you have some serious customizing talent judging from this and your work on the interrogation scene table / chair - look fwd to seeing more from you!!

Thanks buddy. I'm totally learning as I go....I'm a complete TDK freak and working in 1:6 has really been a fun, creative outlet. And with guys like Seb, Creg Customs, and 1mod6, there's a ton of inspiration on these boards.

Back