Official BB/TDK Scarecrow Dr. Crane Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Pjam has one sexy figure :lecture

... wait, that didn't come out right :lol

Oh, behave! :lol

Much better in hand. My pics are okay, but the detail, shape, hang of the mask are not captured well in my pics. The grotesque-ness, i.e. horror factor doesn't even come close to how it looks in hand.

I'll try to take more pics soon, prolly when Wor-Gar gets his finished. Will def take some sans straightjacket too, but the pics of the jacket actually came out close to how it looks in hand.

pjam.
sell me that.
NOW.

Seriously though man, AWESOME custom. Congrats.

Thanks snake. I know you're just as meticulous and fussy about the Quality of your Customs as I am so believe me, I'm very happy with this. Everytime I walk by it, I have to stop and look at it again -- that is ALWAYS a sign your Custom reached badassitude. :blackbat

Last edited:
Thanks snake. I know you're just as meticulous and fussy about the Quality of your Customs as I am so believe me, I'm very happy with this. Everytime I walk by it, I have to stop and look at it again -- that is ALWAYS a sign your Custom reached badassitude. :blackbat

:lol You know me too well bud.

Indeed though, that is a sign of quality. Easily the best Scarecrow I have seen.

Thanks everyone for the comments on my scarecrow...

For my micro eyelets I use a Provocraft Silent Setter for eyelets. It is a set that has three punches and three press sizes. One trick I use for the small micro eyelets is starting them out with a finish nail to start them. This will insure that you will set more of them than you will waste. The webbing straps have 1/16" eyelets and the leather has 3/32"(longer shaft for the leather).

Like with all of the commissions I do..it seems like I never make any for myself in the end. I will definitel be doing this one again for my own collection. If anyone wants one when its completely done, let me know...Probably around Mid march I will make a few of them.

Chad
SMcG

Villains...

ScarecrowTEST8.jpg

Test version of Scarecrow, but you get the idea.

Thank you much, guys! :rock

I found a head with a longer neck version so the head and shoulders don't look so squat and 'thuggish' as he does in the above pics, and I FUTZED the outfit of course.

A little better, right? He's getting there.

ScarecrowFUTZ3.jpg

ScarecrowFUTZ4.jpg

And I fiddled with the mask to get a more zigzag mouth shape.

Scarecrowmask1.jpg

The mask and straitjacket are Seb's (Elvis1976) brilliant and amazing work. All I can do is modest tweaking.

Best Mask I've EVER seen and I have one! :rock

I may get a smaller head as mine is tad big so I can futz with it (it will have more room to futz with) but I actually kind of like it the way it is. Nevertheless that Wor-Gar futzed mask is Phenomenal. Excellent! Best Ever.

Thanks again, Gents. :) I appreciate the kind comments and I know Seb will.

It's funny how the mask looks so different almost every time I take a pic -- the lighting really plays with this thing.

ScarecrowFUTZ5.jpg

And with overhead lighting, he looks a bit like Clayface. Nasty though, in a good way.

ScarecrowFUTZ6.jpg

The only thing I would suggest improving with your custom is changing the hands / repainting them as currently they look really plasticy and toylike - what body are you using?

The only thing I would suggest improving with your custom is changing the hands / repainting them as currently they look really plasticy and toylike - what body are you using?

You are correct. I've got an old Dragon body under there at the moment to keep his height down, but I plan to get a new body with better hands. A slim would be perfect but I can't find any for a good price considering how little shows.

I still have lots to do on this guy: hands, need boots, tie, gotta dye the noose darker, a few tweaks here and there. This is the "rough" versions. I hope to improve him even more.

Yeah i plan to use the slim for mine! But i'm gonna make mine a TDK version, no straightjacket, just the dirty suit, brown shirt, brown tie setup

Yeah i plan to use the slim for mine! But i'm gonna make mine a TDK version, no straightjacket, just the dirty suit, brown shirt, brown tie setup

I've got mine on a narrow for now. And I'm right there with you void on the TDK version. I've got the dirty crumpled Harvey suit, brown shirt, and for now, a grey tie. I've had a hard time finding a gold-ish/brown patterned tie like the one he wears. I've been considering making one myself at this point....

Back