Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be great to get,

- John Connor
- Pescadero Sarah with swappable detachable arms for the denim jacket look
- Steel Mill T-1000 w/ alternate split chest and removable rod

Couldn't ask for much more than maybe a Cyberdyne escape T-800 with the gas grenade launcher or all new sculpts for the Terminator (assuming the upcoming quarter scale T-800 is an all new figure/sculpt with double hinged elbows and knees)

I really hope teh new 1/4 t-800 has double knees and joints if so... I will buy an second sand him down and wahala enterbay replacement body

ahnuld.jpg

Allow me to throw in my guess here. With Neca's mysterious tweets, them dabbling in vehicles and cinemachines, their newly fully articulated T-800, and a T2 rerelease on the cards... I'm thinking Arnie on his Harley is a huge possibility. Maybe even a new line with T-1000 on his police bike and John Connor on his dirt bike released as well.

Perhaps, but with Cinemachines, they're original movie creations that can be covered with the license, whereas the bikes in T2 are real world items or built around real world items that would require licensing with the original manufacturer as well. I'm sure NECA would have already done the Fat Boy if they wouldn't have to pay Harley too, but once you add that cost, then your collectible has to go up and they figure enough people won't pay that high a price. Harley replicas alone go for like $30, now add a $20 figure, you're pushing $60-$70 probably for a 7" scale figure with bike, die hards here who really want it have paid as much going through ebay and all, but there's not enough of us for NECA to justify production and tooling any everything.

Randy was asked if he had considered making the Fatboy and he said ''of course'' but he did mention the licensing obstacle....I think he brought up the complicated tooling aswell.

I want a T2 smile attempt head and T2 desert latino baby for Terminator to pick up.

:lol

I had no idea I needed that.

More pics of Ultimate T-800 on NECA's website. At first I thought they went with translucent skin but clearly it's just the lighting misleading my eyes. I think that skin tone would suit this line of figures well (would definitely give off that sweaty look he had in the film). Oh well.

Terminator – 7″ Action Figure – Ultimate T-800 (Police Station Assault)

Side note: Thinking back, my first exposure to the Terminator franchise was really T2, having watched it first on VHS in 91 or 92 at a friend's house. I was born in 86 so I didn't really get to watch T1 until after T2 since T2 was enormously popular then (ironically the same order of exposure I had to two of my other favorite films ever, Alien and Aliens). With T1 though, after seeing him as a bad ass hero figure in Judgement Day, I got the shock of my life and remember being absolute **** scared of the cold blooded killing machine Arnie was playing here. To get to the point, the police shootout scene has to be one of the most terrifying scenes of pure panic and slaughter ever filmed. An unstoppable killing machine mowing down people one by one. That is the stuff of nightmares.

The thing bugs me and something I noticed only a few years ago, even on the Blu-ray remastered version the damn shotgun makes assault rifle noises during the shootout. That's one sound goof that never got fixed. :lol

I can't remember which film I saw first. I wish I could.

Anyway, ordered 3 of the Ultimate Police Shootouts from BBTS. Then I added another Ultimate Tech Noir to bring that up to three aswell. Feck it, I'd probably have ended up ordering another later anyway.

I'm waiting until they hit stores so I can pick and choose them in person. I don't want to risk getting figures from online retailers with wonky eyes or parts of unpainted hair.

Also wonder if the Police Assault Ultimate will have the same poster cover box as the Tech Noir Ultimate. Seems like they dropped the character specific thing they had going on with the T2 ultimates.

My only store is a 50 minute commute and 15-20 minute walk away so I can't be arsed with that. I'm buying enough of them that I'm bound to end up with somewhat acceptable paint even if it's spread across the 3 figures and my old ones combined.

I'm waiting until they hit stores so I can pick and choose them in person. I don't want to risk getting figures from online retailers with wonky eyes or parts of unpainted hair.

Also wonder if the Police Assault Ultimate will have the same poster cover box as the Tech Noir Ultimate. Seems like they dropped the character specific thing they had going on with the T2 ultimates.

Fo sho. My Local ToysRus sucks though, especially as of late. I have to risk ordering online with a few of their figures. My local FYE is the place to go, they always get a ton of NECA figures. They had like six Alien Queens at one point. :lol

Hey guys, I just heard some good news / bad news.

The good news: NECA is making a T2 John Connor.

The bad news: You can only get him at the SDCC.

:lol :clap :cuckoo: :yess:

If that were true, it wouldn't be bad news at all. Unlike all the other major companies, NECA makes their exclusives pretty easy to obtain for non-attendees.

Sallah

He was just joking based on the apparent Newt situation. John hasn't even been brought up with NECA since the initial Newt announcement, let alone confirmed one way or another.

Yup, just kidding. I watched the Aliens Day Newt figure be revealed to much fanfare only for it to be announced later that it was a SDCC exclusive. Sorry, I figured I would share the pain :monkey3

What people need to understand is that SDCC is pretty much the only outlet for NECA to release these, they number of people that would go for it are pretty much the only ones that want to, it's not a character that's bound to fly of shelves, so getting TRU to commit to orders and such would be hard. As said, NECA exclusives are generally easy to come by, even if slightly higher than retail. Realistically, if NECA couldn't use a convention exclusive outlet, we probably wouldn't get these figures.

BTW, everyone all psyched about T2 plans, do not forget, NECA loves retro Kenner stuff, as excited as we are, all the new stuff could be Kenner retro tribute figure, which, as someone that pretty much had them all an wished they were NECA-like figures instead, I'd be tempted to get NECA versions of some, but it may not be movie stuff. That's where John Connor could be done as duel figure, get the movie-acurrate version and for the tooling, get the Kenner deco version too.

I have no interest in the Kenner-style Preds and Aliens... but, man, Terminator? I'd be in! Future War style figures would be great.

What people need to understand is that SDCC is pretty much the only outlet for NECA to release these, they number of people that would go for it are pretty much the only ones that want to, it's not a character that's bound to fly of shelves, so getting TRU to commit to orders and such would be hard. As said, NECA exclusives are generally easy to come by, even if slightly higher than retail. Realistically, if NECA couldn't use a convention exclusive outlet, we probably wouldn't get these figures.

BTW, everyone all psyched about T2 plans, do not forget, NECA loves retro Kenner stuff, as excited as we are, all the new stuff could be Kenner retro tribute figure, which, as someone that pretty much had them all an wished they were NECA-like figures instead, I'd be tempted to get NECA versions of some, but it may not be movie stuff. That's where John Connor could be done as duel figure, get the movie-acurrate version and for the tooling, get the Kenner deco version too.

Someone asked today if they had considered Kenner Terminator figures and this was the answer:

yes but it doesn't work as well as A&P and still covering the movie stuff for T2

So I'm thinking it's all or mostly movie-based stuff to come :yess:

I went to my local Toys r Us and picked up the new Neca Video Game Edition Terminator 2 T-800. I know it's just a repaint but I think it's really cool and probably the best video game figure released so far from Neca. The box is especially cool even if the game blows. [emoji38]

uploadfromtaptalk1462119692838.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back