Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ____ !! Just got done assembling AVP Ancient Pred (Asia) What a pain in the ass, but well worth it in the end. Anybody else have a hell of a time getting his head put on? That figure almost became a permanent fixture in my wall a few times there... lol

I'll do my best to get pics up soon.

Also- for anyone else that has an ancient: Do you have problems with your Pred's arm constantly falling down with the alien head? Any advice on that? This was my first Hottoys Predator that I assembled. Thanks!

EDIT: Almost forgot this last question while I'm at it: The figure stand that my Pred came with SUCKS. Does anybody actually use this thing? Or do you all go baseless when displaying him/them?

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I never use the stands. I think they just look more alive, and less like plastic figures, without them.

By making careful adjustments to distribute the weight evenly and naturally, it's possible to get them to stand on their own without much trouble. I try to pose them as if they were made of flesh and bone rather than just plastic, starting with the upper body and arm positions I want, and then adjusting the waist, legs and feet to build a stable support. They tend not to fall over easily that way.

The alien head lollipop is a little tricky to pose, depending on the position of the arm you want and the stiffness of the joints on your particular figure. With a bit of patience and futzing it's possible to get a decent pose with the arm outstretched and the alien head held high. I managed it for this pic I took last year. Hope this helped. :D

P1010115.jpg

And btw, was that goofy kid on YouTube for real??? What the hell was he expecting to see in an Alien vs Predator movie... My Favorite Martian vs the Big Bad Wolf? Guess the "Wolf" turned out to be just a little more than he bargained for... :lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

Hello all! I am new to this board, and thought I would share some thoughts on the Hot Toys Predators. First off, I own the Scar and the Celtic, have the Sideshow Excl. Battle Damaged on preorder, as well as the Wolf from AVP:R. Here are some pics of my Scar/Celtic.
Col5.jpg

AVPScar015.jpg

AVPScar017.jpg

As you can see, I do not like to use the stands that come with them, and I think its pretty easy to get them to stand on their own. Let me just say that I think these are the best thing in fig collecting today, and I'm looking forward to more releases!

I bought Chopper from Toy Tokyo and it was 9.00 to ship UPS. If you get P2 from them you're looking at 163.99 shipped to you. They are in NY so it might even be cheaper shipping to you seeing as I'm in Ohio. I've looked on ebay and it's just ridiculous right now. Hopefully it will calm down now that AvP2 has been released and died down. The Toy Tokyo link above will take you right there to P2....
They ship quick too.
Maul fan...is MA Maryland? That's what I'm going by.

-Chris

Thanks for the info, I'll give Toy2 a day or so more to respond then probably go with Toy Tokyo. I was trying to find out where they were based out of and get shipping numbers, but some of these sites suck and you have to enter all your info before you get to totals with shipping on items.

And Jamal, that's a lot more effort than necessary, but I do appreciate it, thanks again.

Thanks for the info, I'll give Toy2 a day or so more to respond then probably go with Toy Tokyo. I was trying to find out where they were based out of and get shipping numbers, but some of these sites suck and you have to enter all your info before you get to totals with shipping on items.

And Jamal, that's a lot more effort than necessary, but I do appreciate it, thanks again.

Toy Tokyo is in NY city. The website is actually a warehouse and they have a store downtown. Toy2 I believe is in Canada.

Toy Tokyo is in NY city. The website is actually a warehouse and they have a store downtown. Toy2 I believe is in Canada.

Yeah, Toy2 is Canada, but I've also bought from them a few times and they've helped me square some issues with manufacturers and such so I want to do the loyal customer thing and give them a shot to respond to me before I take business elsewhere since I've submitted a query to them, I don't want to ask and then get a response that they can help me and tell them sorry I've moved on.

Ive found that the figures dont stand that well in open space on an unclosed shelf. Sometimes they tend to fall at slightest jiggle, with Detolfs id say they stand alot better being enclosed etc

I never use stands and have never had a problem, even with the Ani-Con Scar I have, whose foot drops off when you pick him up. I'll have to get around to fixing that one day. I have had other, non Hot Toys, figures that have been more prone to shelf diving. Glad there is carpet to absorb the impact where I live.

For some reason, my Predator 2 ALWAYS has balance issues. Keeps falling down unless I have him on his stand of leaning against something else. Still a badass figure, though...

Too bad I'm low on $$$, otherwise I'd get a Detolf myself.

Still have to save up for the P2 Elder, Wolf, the P1 Pred and an Xbox 360.:monkey2

LOL danm bro theres a cool 1k

Yeah, the curse of being a kid without a job.:monkey2

Gotta love an addictive, yet expensive, hobby. It like cigarettes without the smoke or cancer, lol....

Last edited:
Back