Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrr.....

cinefex-18.jpg

I prefer the lower pic as the creature rather than what we ended up with. Disappointed after seeing the two compared. :(

Grrr.....

cinefex-18.jpg

Meh, all I see is "Mars Attacks" Fifield. It would have been an improvement though.

LOL at standing in a hole with prosthetic legs over his shoulders. In the movie I immediately thought "Alien Space Frogger". Get Uwe Boll on the phone!

That'd be some consolation for those of us who disliked it, but 'fraid not. This is what he's said about it:

"...although it is genuinely painful and disheartening to hear people say that they hate it or that they wish that they'd never watched it in the first place, there's also something sort of sadistically cool about knowing that fights are happening out there about something that I've done."

from: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/69618372.html

His first response in that interview is a cracker too:

"When I came in, there was a script that had been written by Jon Spaihts, who I share screenplay credit with, that I thought was quite good, but it was a dyed-in-the-wool Alien prequel. And I fundamentally felt like the best version of this movie would be to strip away its own inherent prequel-ness, which made it feel like you go into it knowing exactly how the movie is going to end."

If Scott brings on board anyone but Lindelof for another movie, I'll gladly give it a go. But I personally will never watch anything that guy has a hand in again.

Ok, his instinct with the lack of a prequel feels dead on to me, but he just comes across like someone in denial with his first comment...thanks for that. And to be clear on my position: I feel the overall story for this movie is pretty good; I like the questions it asks, but its not clear in any of its answers, and the main beef is the mentally challenged crew.

Fair enough, it's blue.:lol You still liking the design?

Yep, still like it.

I FINALLY saw the movie today (in 3D), and I'm liking all the designs even more now.

Not the best movie in the ALIEN franchise, but definately not the worst.
I really enjoyed it.

Well, now we know what David apparently says to the Engineer. And it's less than revelatory:

My problems with_Prometheus_are not generally of the 'mystery' variety. I am not super hung up on the loose ends left by the story, the unanswered questions. Mostly I'm annoyed at the excruciatingly stupid character actions and the general lack of motivation - which many have read as 'mysteries' but which I read simply as bad writing.

One 'mystery' that did bug me was the question of what David said to the Engineer at the end of the movie. Whatever it was, it sent the Engineer into such a rage that he tore the robot's head off and beat Weyland to death with it, so it must have been a helluva statement, right?

Not so much. Here's the translation:

"This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life."

That comes right from_Dr. Anil Biltoo of the SOAS Language Centre in London who served as the Linguist Teacher on the film, so this guy knows what he's talking about. According to Dr. Biltoo, who was interviewed by The Bioscopist, there was a larger conversation - yes, a back and forth - between the two edited out of the movie. Perhaps that longer sequence holds the keys that explain why The Engineer was such a roided out ________. Hopefully it turns up on the Blu... with subtitles.

https://badassdigest.com/2012/06/20...aid-to-the-engineer-at-the-end-of-prometheus/

Apparently this is what David said to the engineer...

"This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life."

Also David and the engineer were going to have conversation rather than David saying one line, but it was taken out of the film and will only be in the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray.

Would have been better imo. :slap

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62078

The open-ended questions don't bother me so much either. Though one question that was resolved but would have been more interesting left open-ended imo, was whether Vickers was human or android. An android with father issues and who might reasonably survive being crushed by a massive spaceship would've been worth exploring in a sequel.

No, no, that's wrong. Here's what David really said to the Engineer:

"This old man said he can kick your ass. I believe him."

Just kidding... he said:

"Yo biyatch, why you got holes all up and down yo ass, boeeeeeeey."

Really, it was much more interesting to leave it unknown.

Honestly...what the hell did we all think he would say?

He's got very little time to try to convince a superior alien species of his intentions...why would he NOT get straight to the point?

Back