Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good way of putting it. I liked that too. I think a lot of issues people have with the film stem from the fact that it's really more of a sci-fi movie than a sci-fi horror movie. I think there are certain expectations set up with both of those and Prometheus hit more of the former on the head than the latter.

So do you guys think we'll see a sequel? I'm assuming it will depend on the studio's idea of financial success for this movie. The production budget is listed at $130M and it's grossed 94M domestic and 130M foreign for a total of 224M through Tuesday.

https://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=prometheus.htm

I know that the theaters will get their cut of the gross ticket sales, and there are expenses such as marketing and distribution that don't get rolled into the production budget. It seems to be quickly losing steam at the domestic box office, so I wonder what Fox needs to see for a sequel to get the green light?

I think the Deacon is like a chestbuster and is an infant form of something else. Look at the size of the Bodyhugger that impregnated the Engineer with the D?! I'm sure it will develop into something MUCH larger. Too bad the movie ended on this cliff hanger and it may be years before we find out what or anything at all?! :dunno

If the Deacon was indeed a 'chestburster' infant I would really like to see the size of it fully grown. :horror

If the Deacon was indeed a 'chestburster' infant I would really like to see the size of it fully grown. :horror

Probably the alien queen. :nana:

Seriously, is it supposed to be full grown? I'm only assuming it's an "infant" while ignoring the fact it's already full walking around on its own two legs.

Probably the alien queen. :nana:

:rolleyes2

Seriously, is it supposed to be full grown? I'm only assuming it's an "infant" while ignoring the fact it's already full walking around on its own two legs.

Personally I don't think it's fully grown. It's the first time we've seen a giant facehugger (squid) and Enginner get it on so who knows...:dunno

What David says to the Engineer:

“The line that David speaks to the Engineer (which is from a longer sequence that didn’t make the final edit) is as follows:

/ida hmanəm aɪ kja namṛtuh zdɛ:taha/…/ghʷɪvah-pjorn-ɪttham sas da:tṛ kredah/

A serviceable translation into English is:

‘This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life’.”

Source:

https://thebioscopist.com/2012/06/20/the-linguistics-of-prometheus-what-david-says-to-the-engineer/

concept001.jpg

I don't know how this was enhanced from what was seen on screen, but it looks like a genestealer here.

Probably a bit late and I haven't gone through the whole thread... but have you seen these?

Original Fifield from trailer, pointy elbows, Xenomorph hands and longer head:

C0Plt.gif

And here he is as seen in the film:

DPLKm.gif

PsychoCenobite :)

Yeah, for some reason they canned the super infected transformed Fifield. I guess there exists footage of this guy.

Wish they didn't.

Still prefer what we got. The fact that it was actually recognizeable as Fifield made it more scary imo.

I would have liked his hands/fingers to be a bit elongated though..and maybe his skin a different color.

So Fifield's transformation in a nutshell:

1. Gets sprayed with acid blood?
  2. His helmet is compromised from acid blood, then falls exposed face first into black goo?

Is that the order of occurrences?

I too, wished they hadn't cut the fully transformed Fifield. He looks really sinister in FULL alien transformation! And it would've made a great action figure too!

Back