Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you guys seen Scott's Robin Hood? Do you defend that film as much as this one or is it just because it's an ALIEN film?

Have the Spider-Man fans scene 500 Days of Summer? DO they defend that one just as much, or is it because they're Spider-Man fans?

I remember thinking it was pretty bad when it first came out...but I had just turned 15. :lol

Watched it again a few months ago and actually really, really enjoyed it.

Saw Prometheus for the fifth time today also.
Some of the dialogue in the beginning is really bad. Mainly the scene where Charlie and Elizabeth are telling everyone why they're there.
And Charlize's acting overall wasn't that great..ESPECIALLY when she's telling Shaw and Holloway not to communicate with the engineers.

Probably my least favorite parts of the film...I'm starting to warm up to the flute.

My favorite scenes are when the engineer activates the pilot chair, when the juggernaut begins taking off, and when the Prometheus crashes into it.

Although Chance and Ravel had very little screen time, I think they did an incredible job.

Uh oh... after a few more views you may even start to hate the film! :horror

1887814_o.gif

Yeah it's a good film.

Lol, didn't Russell kinda push that on Ridley? I haven't seen it, but it looked a bit too much like there were trying for an indirect Gladiator sequel.

Now Gladiator was just straight up entertaining! If that recreation of the Collosseum wasn't worth the price of admission alone, I couldn't tell. Lightning in a bottle though.

Off topic, but I was just looking around and came across this ancient thread. Now I know why you haven't really been saying much about Prometheus, CelticP... :thud:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80550&highlight=Predators

And I might kill Ironwez. :lol

ironwez20 said:
This is a new age now and the preds should be in cgi most of the time

ironwez20 said:
Imagine a predator flipping through trees and jumping on a helicopter 40 feet in the air and taking it down.

ironwez20 said:
And i like the first twilight

Yeah, I got done playing the defending game after a while.

It's more fun defending Transformers, because there's no passion in it. It's just me trying to piss angry Bay haters off. :lol

But Prometheus was special for me. It's imperfect, and flawed, like most humans. But it was a good person to be with for 2 hours.

Lol, didn't Russell kinda push that on Ridley? I haven't seen it, but it looked a bit too much like there were trying for an indirect Gladiator sequel.

Now Gladiator was just straight up entertaining! If that recreation of the Collosseum wasn't worth the price of admission alone, I couldn't tell. Lightning in a bottle though.

Not really, give it a chance, it's a far better movie then Prometheus imo and I don't hate Prometheus.

Man, we just can't see eye to eye in this thread. :lol

From day one I was put off by Gladiator because to me it felt like a poor man's Braveheart. And then the further slap in the face by it winning Best Picture over Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon still annoys me to this day.

Man, we just can't see eye to eye in this thread. :lol

From day one I was put off by Gladiator because to me it felt like a poor man's Braveheart. And then the further slap in the face by it winning Best Picture over Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon still annoys me to this day.

c'mon man... Ridley Scott... Russell Crowe... Russell Crowe's knees... pure gold.

Agreed! Braveheart kicks major arse! It definitely deserved best picture & director! Too bad Mel didn't get the nod for best actor too. Sorry, off topic.

So. Epic.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRL0TokeW4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRL0TokeW4[/ame]

Back