Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ASY8U.png

Love the fact that someone found the time in their day to draw that.:lol

I am glad we are getting a sequel though, even if it doesn't make financial sense. I hope to get a few more answers than what we got and hopefully tie it in a little more to Alien. I want to see that the Alien is what happens when the Engineers create the perfect weapon and even they cannot control it. It will also be interesting to see how they handle the main characters being just Shaw and David. I am excited to see the next chapter in this series.

Perhaps they're thinking DVD sales will be its saving grace? :dunno

Its original budget is why people saw it to begin with. So that's a weak argument. :lol

Anyways..

Yup. It's been out almost 3 months and still hasn't even made as much as its budget here. Not to mention when you factor in promotion costs and the fact that Fox doesn't get 100% of the box office return by all accounts it was a dud worldwide. But that's how it works when you got name power. :lol

A good film is a good film...I did not see it because of budget...Thats stupid...I see films because I'm interested in them...that's it.....To go and look at the budget of a film to help determine if you're going to see it or not is crazy

A good film is a good film...I did not see it because of budget...Thats stupid...I see films because I'm interested in them...that's it.....To go and look at the budget of a film to help determine if you're going to see it or not is crazy

:dunno

You brought its budget and said if not for that, the amount it made would've been good. I then pointed out the flaw in it that theory: the budget is why the movie made that much because it allowed the film to have nice fancy 3-D graphics, the Alien license, a director like Ridley Scott and actors like The Fass, Theron, etc. i.e. all the things people liked about the movie/all the things that made people wanna see the movie.

:dunno

You brought its budget and said if not for that, the amount it made would've been good. I then pointed out the flaw in it that theory: the budget is why the movie made that much because it allowed the film to have nice fancy 3-D graphics, the Alien license, a director like Ridley Scott and actors like The Fass, Theron, etc. i.e. all the things people liked about the movie/all the things that made people wanna see the movie.

If only Ridley Scott and semi-Prequel to Alien wasnt enough of a reason to see this then something is wrong and folks are thinking too hard

isn't this cover a huge middle finger for the people that could not watch it in the theaters?

Yeah you could say that the Engineer pic was online,
but there are people that have not watch this, makes me wonder why they chose this

Trailers showed the giant stone head. Magazines showed the giant stone head. Poster shows the giant stone head. The actual engineer has been shown in trailers....

I think everyone knows by now that there are giant bald people in the film.

It's not like they went with the Deacon or anything.

isn't this cover a huge middle finger for the people that could not watch it in the theaters?

Yeah you could say that the Engineer pic was online,
but there are people that have not watch this, makes me wonder why they chose this

That was never the twist.

Plus, if they haven't seen it by now, their fault.

Back