Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrickrTreatBlu-raySlipcase.jpg

Trick-R-Treat-Front-Cover-28073.jpg

trick-1.jpg

:nana::nana::nana:

Where did that come from?

when Trick r Treat was first released, that's the Blu Ray that first came out, it came with the outer box with the regular picture, but the inside cover was the head of Sam, they were sold at first, I don't know if they changed it now, or that was just a special release, because that came out so long ago, but yeah, that's the Box I had

when Trick r Treat was first released, that's the Blu Ray that first came out, it came with the outer box with the regular picture, but the inside cover was the head of Sam, they were sold at first, I don't know if they changed it now, or that was just a special release, because that came out so long ago, but yeah, that's the Box I had

I like it...although it does show the end face reveal

I don't mind being wrong. But I've never seen that cover anywhere. So i'm curious where it came from.

But now I know.

That cover doesn't exist any more, which is good. :D

when it first came out it was the one you would get, that's why I was surprised they would release a Blu Ray cover like that,

Forgot the calculation that adds them all together to equal = sequel!!!

Really happy this movie is around to reboot the "getting old" Aliens (in recent pictures)

POTA debut = 1968 | DVD invented = 1995

That movie came out in theaters/was on VHS/was on TV before DVD's even existed. If someone hadn't seen it by that point, **** em'.

I'm glad that mentality didn't cause the movie to be spoiled for me when I saw it for the first time as a kid in the early 80's.

Devil_666 to Devil Jr: "Sorry kid, you weren't born when these movies came out so let me say that Darth Vader is Luke's father, the Planet of the Apes is Earth in the future, Rosebud is a sled and Bruce Willis is a ghost!"

Devil Jr: "Waaaaaaaa!"

Devil_666: "**** you!"

If my son still hasn't seen a movie 27+ years after it originally came out (in multiple mediums) and then has the nerve to complain about it being spoiled for him I'll be the first to smack him across the back of the head while calling him an assclown. :wave

126,101,994 from a budget of 130 Mil is not that much,

The domestic numbers are not great, but worldwide it made $330M (126 domestic and 204 overseas). Let's say the studio takes half that, so $165M. That would cover production costs of $130M and marketing costs of up to $35M. I'm sure they make a decent profit on the Blu-ray and DVD sales which should be solid.

The domestic numbers are not great, but worldwide it made $330M (126 domestic and 204 overseas). Let's say the studio takes half that, so $165M. That would cover production costs of $130M and marketing costs of up to $35M.

You really think Fox only spent $35 million worldwide for marketing?

:lol:lol:lol

This movie lost money. A LOT of money. Period. And the only numbers American movie studios care about are the domestic box office numbers.

I'd read awhile back that the marketing budget was at the 80 mil mark, but hell if I can still remember where I saw that at. :dunno

You really think Fox only spent $35 million worldwide for marketing?

:lol:lol:lol

No I do not. All I said was that if they are netting $165M in box office sales that would cover the entire production budget and marketing costs of up to $35M, not all of those costs.

This movie lost money. A LOT of money. Period.

Then why are they even talking about making a sequel? It wouldn't make much sense if they lost a lot of money on this project. I'm sure they are going to have additional revenue on the Blu-Ray and DVD sales that will boost the overall numbers.

Back