Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Probably without lubrication too.

funny-dog-pictures-shocked-dog-mooned-by-ceiling-cat.jpg

Did Ridley bone your old lady or something ?

Hi, I'm actually female. I can see I'm going to have to change my avatar.

My husband would be delighted to find out I was a lesbian, but as of now, I do not possess an "old lady."

Ad hominens = I ran out of argument. :wave Drive through please, next!

My husband would be delighted to find out I was a lesbian, but as of now, I do not possess an "old lady."

If you're really a woman, there's no WAY you're out of arguments :lol

If you're really a woman, there's no WAY you're out of arguments :lol

You have no idea what an ad-hominem insult or argument is, do you? Because I'm not the one that used one.

Google is your friend.

Unfortunately for you and several others in this thread, ad-hominem-ing me is not going to make this stinkbomb of a movie any better. It will fix no plot-holes, it won't make it easier to comprehend for the average uninitiated moviegoer, it won't do stuff like explain how two scientists [wearing locators, no less, as is the rest of the team] get lost inside an edifice while others are watching a hologram showing what's going on INSIDE said edifice, from a second location.

Too bad, eh? Fail. Still fail, when all is said and done.

'ave a nice day.

....WHAT?!!! That's an excellent point! Dragon Tattoo Girl is running around with her abdomen stapled shut, bloodstains all over her and Larja thinks its perfectly understandable that no one stops to ask, "Hey chick, what's up with you? Unwanted passenger problems? Somethin' like that?"

To hell with that chick anyways, who cares about her life when some unimaginably rich old fart is about to kick the bucket, O NOES! Right? Let her die, its all about the rich old fart's needs.

What No-Coffee Engineer did to the lot of 'em was well done.

I was regarding Larja here as an amusing diversion, now my opinion has taken a nosedive right into the Marianas Trench. POLLICE VERSO.

A few....?

A few is your average movie.

This thing being discussed here is a bunch of plot-holes all merged into one, all of them together forming a sucking vortex of a black hole which ends up crushing all light-waves and rational attempts to explain.

Imagine the confusion of the casual moviegoer, relatively unversed in the Alien universe, maybe at best a casual sci-fi fan; and they're supposed to go in and figure this thing out without benefit of apologetic explainatory articles, input from message-boards full of fanatics and all that. Prolly not happening, I'd expect.

You have no idea what an ad-hominem insult or argument is, do you? Because I'm not the one that used one.

Google is your friend.

Unfortunately for you and several others in this thread, ad-hominem-ing me is not going to make this stinkbomb of a movie any better. It will fix no plot-holes, it won't make it easier to comprehend for the average uninitiated moviegoer, it won't do stuff like explain how two scientists [wearing locators, no less, as is the rest of the team] get lost inside an edifice while others are watching a hologram showing what's going on INSIDE said edifice, from a second location.

'ave a nice day.

Have you taken your meds today?

You are trying too hard to be one of the "guys."

Surely there must be some anger management classes in your local area to enroll in?

Google is your friend.

'ave a nice day.

Don't really care what it means...english is not my first language anyways so :pfft:

Jesus, if you didn't enjoy the movie that much move on! It's fine to state your opinion, but trolling is another thing. I enjoyed the film. Was it perfect? No. Did it have some plot holes? Sure. But the good far outweighs the bad IMO. To rattle ON AND ON about how much it sucks is just redundant and clearly all you want to do rile everybody up about how we must be stupid to enjoy it. I can't wait to watch this again on Blu to marvel at the visuals and ponder some of the unexplained plot points. You know, kind of like Blade Runner!

If only more ad-hominems would make this movie great! But keep tryin'. :nana:

Obviously you continue to spew mindless blather on the subject matter.

I always find it amusing how a mere film can get under the skin of a board member resulting in such toxic hatred.

Your caustic anger towards Prometheus lacks any common sense and often renders your posts without meaning, significance or purpose.

Here's some friendly advice. You only joined in May and clearly decided to pursue the "wannabe badass" attitude by taking on several board members at a time. You've stated your extreme aversion for the film on several occasions and it's time to move on. One way or another folks like you tend to weed themselves off the board due to infractions or a perma-ban.

If the subject matter or board members here aren't to your liking, perhaps there are other message boards that might meet your approval.

Thanks,

Six

Obviously you continue to spew mindless blather on the subject matter.

I always find it amusing how a mere film can get under the skin of a board member resulting in such toxic hatred.

You have not seen "toxic hatred" from me. Trust me.

Your caustic anger towards Prometheus lacks any common sense and often renders your posts without meaning, significance or purpose.

If only such claims made this film any better! LOL.... look. Attempting to make this about me personally, is not helping this film look good. Its a complete non-sequiter. I didnt write, produce, direct or act in the thing.

Thankfully :nana:

Here's some friendly advice. You only joined in May and clearly decided to pursue the "wannabe badass" attitude by taking on several board members at a time. You've stated your extreme aversion for the film on several occasions and it's time to move on. One way or another folks like you tend to weed themselves off the board due to infractions or a perma-ban.

Not liking Prometheus will result in a perma-ban for myself? You wish.

I'm thrilled you think I'm a badass, though. Heh. See what I did there...? Prob'ly not....

If the subject matter or board members here aren't to your liking, perhaps there are other message boards that might meet your approval.

Ditto. You have "ignore" as an option; use it. I most certainly do.

Meanwhile, I will continue to ignore social pressures to proclaim Prometheus the greatest thing since sliced bread, or whatever it is that people such as yourself want me to do. I had no idea my opinion was so powerful, but I'm rather flattered that it is perceived as such. *takes a bow* I don't like it, and I will never like it. Insulting me won't change that: to the contrary.

Thanks,

Six

Ain't skeered, but its been fun:

Rama

I don't think one person in this entire thread has made Prometheus out to be "the greatest thing since sliced bread". Seems to be the EXACT opposite. I've defended the movie vigorously because it doesn't deserve the hate, but in no way do I believe it's a masterpiece.
Almost everyone in here has only had bad things to say about it.

Then there's the people like you who are after one thing: attention

If you don't like the movie, and you've already given your negative opinion of it a couple dozen times...you need to leave the thread.

I don't think one person in this entire thread has made Prometheus out to be "the greatest thing since sliced bread". Seems to be the EXACT opposite. I've defended the movie vigorously because it doesn't deserve the hate, but in no way do I believe it's a masterpiece.
Almost everyone in here has only had bad things to say about it.

Then there's the people like you who are after one thing: attention

If you don't like the movie, and you've already given your negative opinion of it a couple dozen times...you need to leave the thread.

...And Mr "Let Her Die, Who Cares, meh" weighs in!

Dude, you have been yammering on, contradicting yourself, flip-flopping, arguing and counter-arguing about this film since just about day 1. You've even given us startling peeks into your mindset regarding the female half of the human race - awesome! And here you still are, continuing the tradition, spinning your wheels and getting nothing but laughed-at by anyone with half a wit about them due to the multiplicity of your often-clashing opinions.

However I am not telling you to leave the thread; no. You are far too amusing - so carry on. You are definitely the star of this thread, please keep doing what you do. Honest.

Back