Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My, my. I'm here, you people complain. I leave: more complaining. There is simply no pleasing you lot.

Unfortunately for those who are hoping for a more dramatic response from me, this is the feeling this film provokes within me: not rage [sorry, I know you were hoping for an amusing display of fireworks], but

maroney_rect1-460x307.jpg

Best to all of you who actually enjoyed this cinematic fallen souffle', but I'd rather devote mental energy toward upcoming projects that actually interest me. I know there is plenty more of this epic sci-fi foolishness coming down the pike for you to enjoy..... everybody happy. Ciao.

Saw an extended fight scene of the engineer looking for Shaw; kind of weird because I noticed that he's clear faced at one second then abruptly there's a wound on one side of his face.

Where did this damage come from? I have no idea. So I went back to watch the original and its the same deal; his face goes from clear complexion to nasty purple alien acne without any solid explanation.

I'm presuming it's from the struggling with the tentacle monster that Shaw unleashes. Or maybe this survivor engineer was infected?

Was this engineer infected? Maybe that's why he was so violent.

And apologies if this was mentioned or not. :(

My, my. I'm here, you people complain. I leave: more complaining. There is simply no pleasing you lot.

I think you need to consider the difference between "complaining" and 'having a laugh at the expense of'.

Your hatred of this film is so pissy that it is impossible to take seriously enough to complain about per se. Your criticism is one of the most sustained efforts at trashing something that I have seen on this board. Many of us complain about things, but two months on, you do not find me still moaning in the Boba Fett thread about that figure's flaws.

I do symapthise that some of the people here are too brainless to consider whether someone named "Ramatuelle" is a woman. Apparently "Star Puffs" is a super butch name too, because I still get people assuming I am guy.

His face was charred from the collision with the Prometheus.

It's not the case in the deleted scene; he looks unharmed. In fact the only damage he receieves is from Shaw; she actually hits the engineer with that ax a couple of times. She makes him bleed. :rotfl

As for the final cut, I'm pretty positive that's the case but I'll go home and confirm.

I think you need to consider the difference between "complaining" and 'having a laugh at the expense of'.

Your hatred of this film is so pissy that it is impossible to take seriously enough to complain about per se. Your criticism is one of the most sustained efforts at trashing something that I have seen on this board.

*passes you a box of kleenex*

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo. I'm not in here fangirling over this cinematic Swiss cheese: get over it. I am intensely amused at the horror my dislike for this flop engenders in here, though. Start dealing.

As for "laughing," I've been laughing through this entire thread at the apologia going on. The flip-flopping of opinions fits some of you for a run for public office, truly. Challenging many opinions in here seems tatamount to challenging religious beliefs and then insulting people's mothers. In fact that is very interesting, the almost religious fervor I'm seeing.

I suggest a thicker skin. I also assure you I find the level of vitriol suggested by your post to be pretty amusing in and of itself. You dislike me, because I dislike a *film*...? Sad and sorry both. Get a life.

Back