Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Golden Compass sucked the root. The US bible belt had little to do with its poor performance.

And it's a completely different film.:lol
Your speculative guesswork comments were about Prometheus.

The Christian fundamentalists in the US are not a monolithic, all-pervasive group that dictates all life in America.
Saying that fundamentalist Muslims speak for the totality of their countries would be a similar oversimplification.

Have you ever lived in the US? Ever even been there?

delusional much?
either you are a blind moron or you want to stir up crap,

They do.

People tend to vote for the most "god loving".

exactly,

not only that but those boycotts cost movie studios money,
why do you think there are no boobs allowed on TV, yet Uma Thurman can chop up 100 guys with a sword in television?
is okay for a guy to shoot a man on the head but show a nipple on tv and all hell breaks loose,
seriously, :cuckoo:

delusional much?
either you are a blind moron or you want to stir up crap,

You seem to do that fine by yourself, constantly.
(Exampe: read your above post. :lol)

(And keep exaggerating to make hollow points.) :pow

People tend to vote for the most "god loving".

You'll never see an atheist President, sure, but that has nothing to do with Ridley Scott making Prometheus.
But if you think a British filmmaker wrings his hands over American bible bangers, then go for it.
Martin Scorsese didn't rewrite Last Temptation Of Christ to please the Fundies, and if anything America has become more secular since then.

:wave
____

You seem to do that fine by yourself, constantly.
(Exampe: read your above post. :lol)

(And keep exaggerating to make hollow points.) :pow

You'll never see an atheist President, sure, but that has nothing to do with Ridley Scott making Prometheus.
But if you think a British filmmaker wrings his hands over American bible bangers, then go for it.
Martin Scorsese didn't rewrite Last Temptation Of Christ to please the Fundies, and if anything America has become more secular since then.

:wave
____

whatever,
do you know the kind of crap that Fox would have gotten into if they said Jesus was an Engineer?

talking to you is pointless, but there is a priest in the MPAA, a Priest, to rate the movies,
you really are stupid then

Last edited:
Cbiiq.jpg

tumblr_m5q61k3AFe1qg8i80o1_500.png

courtesy of avpgalaxy.net

Those Engineers are just as stupid as Avatars or Na'vi or whatever the hell they are.

****ing big blue people.

that's BS.
they crucified a bearded fellow with long luscious hair....not some bald albino. :mad: :mad: :mad:

all this BS will bring forth OSCORP and those videos from that angry man with lisps and shat.

you have been warned.

This is news? This has been known since the release date. It was mearly an idea. Never happend. But interesting. I love all that crazy Anciant Aliens stuff. Its fun.

This is news? This has been known since the release date. It was mearly an idea. Never happend. But interesting. I love all that crazy Anciant Aliens stuff. Its fun.

my jesus posts were in regard to the absurdity that is Gully Foyle

the church always has it's nasty little fingers on everything,

Yeah, you think the Vatican has blackmailed Ridley Scott? :cuckoo:

But we're absurd? :rotfl

6aul.jpg

You sound really paranoid.

And damaged. :violin

And another :ignore: on the list . . .

Yeah, you think the Vatican has blackmailed Ridley Scott. :cuckoo:

But we're absurd. :rotfl

6aul.jpg

You sound really paranoid.

And damaged. :violin

And another :ignore: on the list . . .

there's more than one of you inside your head?
:nana::nana::nana:
nothing makes me happier,

bye bye now :wave

The Vatican didn't like Prometheus anyway. So who cares.

The Jesus thing didn't work because it's way too out there. Ridley knew it. And axed it. It's not canon.

The Jesus thing didn't work because it's way too out there. Ridley knew it. And axed it. It's not canon.

This was never in dispute. An early concept abandoned early.

I get to enjoy on 120" 3D projector glory.

Sounds awesome. Despite its flaws, this pic was absolutely freakin' gorgeous. I've never seen better deep space scenes.

The Vatican didn't like Prometheus anyway. So who cares.

yes. you are right,
BUT
do I really need to list the number of hints at Jesus?

the cup on the altar in front of a crucified Alien figure?
Engineers going to earth 2000 years ago? with a ship full of Black goo?
Shaw and all the close up shots to her cross?
the dead Engineer was carbon dated to the time of the crucifixion?

I mean, if it was not meant to be hinted at Jesus they sure do Suck at removing all the hints then, that is way too many hints to have nothing to do with Jesus and why the Engineers were coming to Earth

Back