Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the only thing Ridley needs to keep in mind going into the sequel:

Let the Engineers call the shots and act like they are somewhat intelligent.

That is all.

Sourced an article which was a bit of an interesting reveal by screenwriter Jon Spaihts on what prometheus was going to be before FOX and Damon Lindelof came on board courtesy of EMPIRE just to keep the thread interesting...

</title> <title>

i hope the engineers have some speaking lines in the next one.

being a bald albino is bad enough....reminds me of powder.
powder.jpg

he may not be an engineer....but he could be a carpenter. :monkey1

that makes me think of another problem,

If the engineers were attacked or something and they were planning to go to Earth with the goo,

how come no one else came to their rescue, in 2000 years?
surely there were other Engineers in their planet that were wondering what happened,

the movie makes it feel like the engineers in the ship were the only ones that knew about the ship going to Earth, the fact that no one went in there in 2000 years makes it seem like the other engineers from their planet either didn't know or didn't care,
but that is odd

Now this explains the Engineers actions a lot better!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8jtQ5evEqc[/ame]

Watched it for the first time last night on blu-ray and really enjoyed it. Not sure where all the hate comes from. Visually a stunning film and a great sci-fi film. Yes I have questions, but overall I really liked it.

I do apologise if these questions have been asked before and then answered.

1) Why did the engineer at the beginning of the movie drink the black goo?

My suspicion being what we see here is the creation of earth? Why does he need to break down his own structure and spread life on earth in this manner?

2) Is it fair to say the black goo is the early evolutionary stage of the xenomorph?

3) Why did the engineers decide to destroy earth?

I have read the engineers were angry with us for sometime. Apparently Jesus was a messenger of the engineers sent to see how humanity was doing. What did we do? Crucify him. Interesting theory?

The Golden Compass sucked the root. The US bible belt had little to do with its poor performance.

And it's a completely different film.:lol
Your speculative guesswork comments were about Prometheus.

The Christian fundamentalists in the US are not a monolithic, all-pervasive group that dictates all life in America.
Saying that fundamentalist Muslims speak for the totality of their countries would be a similar oversimplification.

Have you ever lived in the US? Ever even been there?

Your post is so uneducated and illiterate, I couldn't be bothered answering you. I presume you have access to google and your hands have opposable thumbs. Look it up yourself.

And yes, I live in the US around 6-7 months of the year and hold citizenship.

:wave

Watched it for the first time last night on blu-ray and really enjoyed it. Not sure where all the hate comes from. Visually a stunning film and a great sci-fi film. Yes I have questions, but overall I really liked it.

I do apologise if these questions have been asked before and then answered.

1) Why did the engineer at the beginning of the movie drink the black goo?

My suspicion being what we see here is the creation of earth? Why does he need to break down his own structure and spread life on earth in this manner?

2) Is it fair to say the black goo is the early evolutionary stage of the xenomorph?

3) Why did the engineers decide to destroy earth?

I have read the engineers were angry with us for sometime. Apparently Jesus was a messenger of the engineers sent to see how humanity was doing. What did we do? Crucify him. Interesting theory?

Id like to know the answers to these as well

Back