Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Teddy and nash: Good luck with finding answers to those questions because they don't exist, in the movie. I'm sure you can find a million different theories and speculation from fans but as far as actual answers.. nope.

To Teddy and nash: Good luck with finding answers to those questions because they don't exist, in the movie. I'm sure you can find a million different theories and speculation from fans but as far as actual answers.. nope.

:lol:rotfl

I am happy to listen to theories.

Watched it for the first time last night on blu-ray and really enjoyed it. Not sure where all the hate comes from. Visually a stunning film and a great sci-fi film. Yes I have questions, but overall I really liked it.

I do apologise if these questions have been asked before and then answered.

1) Why did the engineer at the beginning of the movie drink the black goo?

My suspicion being what we see here is the creation of earth? Why does he need to break down his own structure and spread life on earth in this manner?

2) Is it fair to say the black goo is the early evolutionary stage of the xenomorph?

3) Why did the engineers decide to destroy earth?

I have read the engineers were angry with us for sometime. Apparently Jesus was a messenger of the engineers sent to see how humanity was doing. What did we do? Crucify him. Interesting theory?

1) The goo is able to totally break down the Engineer's DNA and restructure it to begin new life on any planet that can sustain it. However it also mutates other life forms that it comes into contact with. The Engineer at the start has been chosen or may have been raised for this self sacrifice.

2) The goo seems to be the building blocks for all life depending on which process it goes through it is able to achieve different results. I believe the Xenomorph already exists before this film, that is why there are murals on the wall that resemble the creature. They also find what looks like a Xenomorph's skin in a deleted scene. The goo on the ship actually might be engineered to mutate humans into Xenomorphs as that is what Fifield seems to be turning into especially in the deleted CGI scene. Ridley Scott says they went with the make up instead and said it was an earlier stage of the mutation

3) We don't know we can only assume, the same as Shaw, who heads for their home world to find answers at the end of the movie.

1) The goo is able to totally break down the Engineer's DNA and restructure it to begin new life on any planet that can sustain it. However it also mutates other life forms that it comes into contact with. The Engineer at the start has been chosen or may have been raised for this self sacrifice.

2) The goo seems to be the building blocks for all life depending on which process it goes through it is able to achieve different results. I believe the Xenomorph already exists before this film, that is why there are murals on the wall that resemble the creature. They also find what looks like a Xenomorph's skin in a deleted scene. The goo on the ship actually might be engineered to mutate humans into Xenomorphs as that is what Fifield seems to be turning into especially in the deleted CGI scene. Ridley Scott says they went with the make up instead and said it was an earlier stage of the mutation

3) We don't know we can only assume, the same as Shaw, who heads for their home world to find answers at the end of the movie.

Imagination is a powerful tool my friend.

It is. Which is why I said fans of this movie would be more than happy to let theirs run wild while answering those questions with their opinions and speculation. But that has nothing to do with someone who wants definitive answers from the movie. Because like I said, those don't exist. :wave

did the black goo turn those earthworms into the face-hugger snake things?

It is. Which is why I said fans of this movie would be more than happy to let theirs run wild while answering those questions with their opinions and speculation. But that has nothing to do with someone who wants definitive answers from the movie. Because like I said, those don't exist. :wave

I think the problem lies that there is no-one in the grey; it's very black OR white with nothing in between.

:peace

i remember someone in this thread at one time suggested the engineer at the beginning might have been some kind of rebel or refugee, and he started life on earth without permission. which is why the engineers want to destroy it. can't remember who said it. but it was an interesting suggestion.

my personal speculation is that the engineers came across the DC section of SSF, and decided we as a race needed to end. they may also have seen a friedberg and seltzer movie, or naked pictures of rosie o'donnell. if i had that kind of power, either of these would make me want to destroy worlds.

i remember someone in this thread at one time suggested the engineer at the beginning might have been some kind of rebel or refugee, and he started life on earth without permission. which is why the engineers want to destroy it. can't remember who said it. but it was an interesting suggestion.

my personal speculation is that the engineers came across the DC section of SSF, and decided we as a race needed to end. they may also have seen a friedberg and seltzer movie, or naked pictures of rosie o'donnell. if i had that kind of power, either of these would make me want to destroy worlds.

The very first deleted scene/alternate beginning puts that theory to bed.

i never watch them but sometimes i wish they never put alternative or deleted scenes on home releases. personally i like that anything that's unexplained in the movie is open to speculation. but if things didn't make it into the movie, i don't like that they influence what did. if that makes sense?

Jus got back from Best Buy, picked up the Blu ray. I didnt know you had to get the 3d blu ray edition to get ALL the bonus features.

They should change the tagline to...

QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED..If you pay the extra $7 including tax.

i never watch them but sometimes i wish they never put alternative or deleted scenes on home releases. personally i like that anything that's unexplained in the movie is open to speculation. but if things didn't make it into the movie, i don't like that they influence what did. if that makes sense?

I agree. This is the first time I think I have ever watched deleted/alternate scenes. I just had so many questions and felt compelled to watch them.

They helped a little, but overall it still leaves the movie open to your interpretation.

Thanks for the info. I would have asked these questions earlier but didn't bother due to all the slappies on this thread....

*Hi Gully - Hi Rama* :wave

Like this :)

tumblr_m5k0780sXx1qiugg3o1_500.jpg

The extra blu disc is fantastic, the "fury of gods" doc is top notch. Ridiculous that this wasn't with regular Blu as well.

Back