Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But like I said, stuff like this is in every movie.

Ferro you dumb son of a ***** why would you leave the hangar pad thing open when you know that there might possibly be hundreds of hostile organisms crawling around? Why didn't you listen to *****meyer when he found the goo? Why the **** would all of the marines continue on into the death trap knowing that they can't defend themselves without causing the equivalent to a nuclear explosion? Ridiculous.

You can do this with every movie.

The guy who was so captivated by the snake thing reminded me of Steve Irwin. I remember watching his show and seeing him get all cozy with a deadly creature that he called beautiful while I sat there and thought he was crazy for going anywhere near it.

steve-irwin-295574.jpg

They were invited. If the engineers were going to kill them, I think they would have done it sometime within those tens of thousands of years while the cave paintings were made. :monkey1

She wasn't foolish at all. From everything they knew, it seemed that there was no threat.

That's kind of the point. There was so much more going on there that you couldn't possibly anticipate.

What's to anticipate?
It isn't rocket surgery.
You accept the invitation hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. Have flowers extended in one hand and a thermo nuke in the other hand behind your back if it goes to $#!t.

The guy who was so captivated by the snake thing reminded me of Steve Irwin. I remember watching his show and seeing him get all cozy with a deadly creature that he called beautiful while I sat there and thought he was crazy for going anywhere near it.

steve-irwin-295574.jpg

When youre hiring for an important expeditions just put in bold type :
NO STEVE IRWINS NEED APPLY.

steve-irwin-295574.jpg

When youre hiring for an important expeditions just put in bold type :
NO STEVE IRWINS NEED APPLY.

I love it when a thread comes full circle!

I for one, wanted them to get hurt badly for being space versions of Steve Irwin (Crikey! She's a real beauooooootay!) after being space versions of Shaggy and Scooby Doo (That's a dead alien?! Like let's get out here Scoob!). I wasn't the only one who laughed in a packed theater when they bit it like chumps.

:exactly:

And again, he was a biologist. Look at some of the stupid stuff we see them do on regular TV these days.:slap

Look at what some of the screenwriters do to regular TV:

https://theclicker.today.com/_news/...rs?lite#ooid=JzcTZxNDpDw95LfX4YwYQ_HSvsunTx48

The only answers you get are the ones you come up with yourself.

But like I said, stuff like this is in every movie.

Ferro you dumb son of a ***** why would you leave the hangar pad thing open when you know that there might possibly be hundreds of hostile organisms crawling around? Why didn't you listen to *****meyer when he found the goo? Why the **** would all of the marines continue on into the death trap knowing that they can't defend themselves without causing the equivalent to a nuclear explosion? Ridiculous.

You can do this with every movie.

Thats a fair point. although the marines weren't told why they were being made give up their ammunition and may not have been too concerned as long as they were still allowed keep handguns, shotguns and flamethrowers

Look at a two hour pilot. Yes I know, this is a movie, but its also always been imagined as the beginning to a trilogy. The unanswered questions are imperative. I don't really care if I'm alone in this, and I love the discussion, but it is just important to me that the creator's vision is created. The fact that a Prometheus 2 (Paradise?) is in the works is validation to me. We just need to make sure that the answers are addressed.

I LOVED Battlestar and Lost, but still felt a little... let down? Lets make sure that Alien-Prometheus and the universe (maybe Blade Runner!) is fleshed out.

Thats a fair point. although the marines weren't told why they were being made give up their ammunition and may not have been too concerned as long as they were still allowed keep handguns, shotguns and flamethrowers
Why the **** weren't they told? That might have been nice to know ahead of time. How the hell did someone as incompetent as Gorman get put in charge? He had no idea what to tell them when they entered combat. Surely someone of his status would have gone through more training?

After seeing 3 foot wide acid holes that drop down several levels, all kinds of crazy failed attempts at barricades...you think they would have been a bit more cautious. It's what year? 2171? Could they not have sent a little robot down the corridors to see what the hell they were walking into before hand? Don't police officers use those TODAY?

Did they all really just laugh off Ripley's alien encounter? Really? Kind of a cliched, stereotypical 'badass' marine squad that think themselves invincible.

Where the hell did the Queen grab on the dropship at? How the hell did Ripley manage to stay in one piece while being sucked out toward space with a 14 foot alien gripping her leg?

These are all actually real things I've noticed with the film since my first viewing...they never, ever, bothered me though. They seem like such small issues to be concerned about. Same goes for Prometheus.

There are only two things in Prometheus that make me cringe:

1. The dialogue between Shaw, Milburn and Fifield during Shaw and Charlie's presentation in the beginning. Terrible dialogue.

2. Charlize's bad dialogue AND acting during her lecture to Charlie and Shaw.

...and I just finished my 10th viewing :yess: :lol

Why the **** weren't they told? That might have been nice to know ahead of time. How the hell did someone as incompetent as Gorman get put in charge? He had no idea what to tell them when they entered combat. Surely someone of his status would have gone through more training?

People woke up on Prometheus with no idea why they were there.

The only one that seemed to know the XENOS was Burke. Why not brief marines?

1. The dialogue between Shaw, Milburn and Fifield during Shaw and Charlie's presentation in the beginning. Terrible dialogue.

Yes, and it is such a shame they took out certain deleted scenes, would have helped SO much.

After seeing 3 foot wide acid holes that drop down several levels, all kinds of crazy failed attempts at barricades...you think they would have been a bit more cautious. It's what year? 2171? Could they not have sent a little robot down the corridors to see what the hell they were walking into before hand? Don't police officers use those TODAY?

Did they all really just laugh off Ripley's alien encounter? Really? Kind of a cliched, stereotypical 'badass' marine squad that think themselves invincible.

Where the hell did the Queen grab on the dropship at? How the hell did Ripley manage to stay in one piece while being sucked out toward space with a 14 foot alien gripping her leg?

These are all actually real things I've noticed with the film since my first viewing...they never, ever, bothered me though. They seem like such small issues to be concerned about. Same goes for Prometheus.

:lol Good stuff. Point being if you study any film enough you'll probably come up with a list of things that could be considered silly.

I'll honestly keep this in mind next time I'm watching Prometheus.

But Alien Resurrection is still $h!t. :D

:lol Good stuff. Point being if you study any film enough you'll probably come up with a list of things that could be considered silly.

I'll honestly keep this in mind next time I'm watching Prometheus.

But Alien Resurrection is still $h!t. :D
The issues I mentioned didn't even come from "studying the film". That's stuff that just naturally occurred to me from my first viewing of Aliens. But like I said, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I love Aliens to death.

You should really watch the documentary/commentary thing in the special features. It's in the same style as the ones on the Quadrilogy and Anthology. Whether you end up liking the movie or not, I think any fan of the franchise in general would find it all very interesting and entertaining.

I can't spare the cash at the moment to buy the film but I will in the future as I love me those big documentaries. The Alien franchise has been really well served in the extras department.

Breaking down a classic to praise another one isn't a good thing. It's heresy and you should be tried for treason.

Aliens is perfect.

Back