Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man, but I couldn't over look the mind numbingly stupid choices of the initial "scientific expedition". I havent read through the thread so I'm sure it's been covered. Who picked these hoodie wearing, pot smoking hippies for such an important mission? No weapons?! Play tickle with an unknown xenomorrph?! Sensors mapping the structure only displayed on the ship!? Some of the idiots died a fools death and deservedly so. Poor writing or edit job. Expected more from Ridley.

I don't see the problems you're having with this movie. And when you say "No weapons?!" kinda feels like you didn't watch the movie. :dunno

Milburn, a biologist, was showing off infront of a 'stoned' Fifield. I'd imagine a sort of Steve Irwin type of behaviour (and look what happened to him).

Again, one was stoned, both were probably disorientated & panicing and all the interior corridors looked the same.

Plus, if everyone acted sensible and didn't take risks in films there would be no deaths or story progression.:wink1:

You're too easy on this movie.
I did enjoy Fassbender and the visuals.
I'd be interested in a sequel.

Hope Scott does better with the Blade Runner follow up.

Because no other movie has characters who make somewhat stupid decisions. Oh wait, that's possibly every movie that has ever existed. :lol

I don't see the problems you're having with this movie. And when you say "No weapons?!" kinda feels like you didn't watch the movie. :dunno

Makes me feel you didn't listen close enough.
Shaw stated no weapons on the initial mission into the structure.

Shaw stated no weapons on the initial foray into the structure.

Maybe if you use quotation marks I will. And yes, she did. That's the explanation to why they didn't bring weapons, she was on her religious journey to meet her makers. She didn't see any dangers in their mission... and she didn't have any reasons to do so either.

I did enjoy Fassbender and the visuals.
I'd be interested in a sequel.

Fassbender was awesome indeed and bring on more stupid decisons in the sequel.;)

Shaw stated no weapons on the initial mission into the structure.

Guns would be useless against the black goo. They did come in handy when they blasted the **** out of the Fifield monster and when Vickers torched Holloway to death.

tumblr_m2bp4l2kDQ1rrcf3po1_500.gif

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

By the way, how is it you always seem to IMPECCABLY have a JPEG or GIF to convey whatever you need to say?

Why on earth would they bring a ton of guns and flamethrowers with them? That's just asking for trouble.

Remember, WE'RE the ones who know it ain't going to end well. Not them. They think they were kindly invited to meet their makers. I'd say there's a good chance bringing weapons along could insult them or something.

Because no other movie has characters who make somewhat stupid decisions. Oh wait, that's possibly every movie that has ever existed. :lol

I expect these kinds of decisions from teenagers at a camp near a lake where murders take place by a machette wielding, hockey mask wearing maniac. Not professional scientists on a billion dollar mission investigating the origins of life.
You need to raise your expectations on million dollar movies directed by and starring "A" listers.

Last edited:
I expect these kinds of decisions from teenagers at a camp near a lake wear murders take place buy a machette wielding, hockey mask wearing maniac. Not professional scientists on a billion dollar mission investigating the origins of life.
You need to raise your expectations on million dollar movies directed by and starring "A" listers.

They were hired for their expertise, not their personalities.

I expect these kinds of decisions from teenagers at a camp near a lake wear murders take place buy a machette wielding, hockey mask wearing maniac. Not professional scientists on a billion dollar mission investigating the origins of life.

:lecture yeah pretty much. And if all these deleted scenes make silly things more understandable then they should have been left in.

Maybe if you use quotation marks I will. And yes, she did. That's the explanation to why they didn't bring weapons, she was on her religious journey to meet her makers. She didn't see any dangers in their mission... and she didn't have any reasons to do so either.

Then she was stupidly naive and deserved what ever ills befell her.
Because the cold hostile universe isn't out there to embrace individual religious pilgramages.

No I don't. I just don't get pissy over drastically minute issues like these. All movies have them and other than Milburn ****ing with the hammerpede, there weren't really any other 'bad decisions' to get bent out of shape over.

Then she was stupidly naive and deserved what ever ills befell her.
Because the cold hostile universe isn't out there to embrace individual religious pilgramages.

Why on earth would they bring a ton of guns and flamethrowers with them? That's just asking for trouble.

Remember, WE'RE the ones who know it ain't going to end well. Not them. They think they were kindly invited to meet their makers. I'd say there's a good chance bringing weapons along could insult them or something.

^^^^^^^^^^

Back