Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This shows your age. Live a little, work a little and then you'll see the joke. It happens all the time. People who have zero knowledge/experience in charge of people who actually know what they're doing.

They weren't cautious because up to that point, they never had to be. They never encountered anything remotely similar to the Aliens.

Nope. Some bomb squads use robots to check out/detonate explosives but no police force/military force on this planet routinely use robots like you're describing.

That has nothing to do with "marines". It has to do with human arrogance. There's astrophysicists who believe life requires water in order to exist. Why? Because WE required water to exist. Which is why the search for life on other planets start with planets that have liquid water. Even though it's possible that life might not even require that. Hell, there might be some planets where life thrives in molten lava. Who knows!? But that's human arrogance for ya.

The same place she emerges from.

How much does an Alien queen weigh?

The reason why all the flaws in Prometheus are being discussed is because..

1. This is a.. you know.. Prometheus Discussion thread and..

2. Some people actually think this movie is flawless or damn near flawless. So that stance invites criticism.
Nope, they're all plot holes. But it's nice that you've come up with your own theories to validate them.

See how I can do that too?

They're the equivalent to about everything that's been criticized in Prometheus, whatever you want to call them.

100% agreed! This man speaks the truth. :lecture

tumblr_m432dk3xAQ1rpprijo5_r1_400.gif

No, they aren't plot holes.

Those are nitpicks.

Most of them are nitpicks with Prometheus too. It's a sci-fi movie about big white engineers that use black goo to **** **** up. DNA manipulation can be the answer to most of those nitpicks. Just because people don't like hammerpedes and baby squid creatures doesn't make it a plothole. It's not The Kings Speech like...

^ Prometheus does have some plot holes. But most of them are fixed in the deleted scenes.

Why does Januk jump to EXTREME conclusions when he tells Shaw about what he "thinks". And then he commits suicide on a hunch?

But with that deleted scene, it becomes more personal, and more understanding. And that fixes the plot hole.

^ Prometheus does have some plot holes. But most of them are fixed in the deleted scenes.

Why does Januk jump to EXTREME conclusions when he tells Shaw about what he "thinks". And then he commits suicide on a hunch?

But with that deleted scene, it becomes more personal, and more understanding. And that fixes the plot hole.

:clap :exactly:

A lot of nitpicks, yes. But Prometheus DOES have a few plot holes. And they can't be explained with deleted/cut scenes on a DVD since that's not part of the movie that people saw when they originally pointed out said plot holes.

And fail at it. Miserably. :slap
Not really. Anytime you didn't understand something as simple as why the engineer killed them...I would try explaining it to you BASED ON EVENTS THAT TAKE PLACE IN THE FILM. And that would be your response. That they're just my "theories". Then regarding Ripley not being ripped apart by the weight of the queen, you turn around and say "uhh, well, how do you know how much the Queen weighed?" Give me a break.

The did they create us whatever stuff was going to be saved for the sequel anyway. So that stuff can be put in a box.

A quick google search for plotholes in movies has just destroyed alot of films I love. Even Toy Story dammit!!!

Toy Story! **** sake!

:D

Last edited:

He didn't commit suicide "on a hunch" though. David even flat out tells Shaw that the engineers were going to wipe us out with that ship two-thousand years ago. At that point I think everyone knew what was going on. Not that hard to figure out. Janek also witnessed the engineer tear David's head off and beat the **** out of everyone. More evidence that they weren't going to be very friendly.

I do agree that his "This place is a weapon's facility" theory was a bit out there, though still believable. The deleted scene would have completely cleared that up, wish they left it in.

Not really. Anytime you didn't understand something as simple as why the engineer killed them...I would try explaining it to you BASED ON EVENTS THAT TAKE PLACE IN THE FILM. And that would be your response. That they're just my "theories". Then regarding Ripley not being ripped apart by the weight of the queen, you turn around and say "uhh, well, how do you know how much the Queen weighed?" Give me a break.

:lol:lol:lol

You think the question "How much does an Alien Queen weigh?" = a theory!? LOLZ.

Last time I checked, it was just a question. With two possible results. If the answer is "not much" then that explains how Ripley was able to not be ripped apart by the weight of the Queen. If the answer is "A LOT" then it's a contrived scenario. Neither requires me or anyone else to come up with a theory.

That's in stark contrast to what you do. When people point out flaws/plot holes in Prometheus you come up with so much BS that's 100% in your noggin and NOT in the film that you should actually get a writing credit for this flick. I think you've written more of this movie in your head than Spaihts or Lindelof provided in the form of a script.

:lol:lol:lol

From the making of, I get the feeling Jon's script was more tight, and better, until Lindelof got into the mix.

I was standing up for the dude....but I don't know any more.

Crashing the ship was completely down to whether Janek belived what Shaw was telling him; which he did. Hence he became a hero.

Seriously. There was no "hunch" involved. :duh :lol Shaw was literally the most credible source of information on the planet at that point and he had absolutely no reason whatsoever to disbelieve her that the ship was heading off to destroy life on Earth. The deleted scene was absolutely not necessary to spell that out.

The hunch came from Januk. And yes, yes it was.

It was random, out of the blue, and he had little basis to say such a thing.

The deleted scene is key to the film. For both Januk AND Vickers. Scott is wrong. Down time is good.

Seriously. There was no "hunch" involved. :duh :lol Shaw was literally the most credible source of information on the planet at that point and he had absolutely no reason whatsoever to disbelieve her that the ship was heading off to destroy life on Earth. The deleted scene was absolutely not necessary to spell that out.

Sooooo, you're agreeing with me? :dunno

Back