Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

If it's official, I love it.

Wish the structures in it had that more bone-like look though.

Also would've been cool if the letters in "PROMETHEUS" were very Gigeresque.

If it's official, I love it.

Wish the structures in it had that more bone-like look though.

Also would've been cool if the letters in "PROMETHEUS" were very Gigeresque.

Agreed, I love the look whether its official or not.
I think the backround looks similar to the original ALIEN landscape. Anyway, Giger is involved in the design so its all good.

I like the simple font used for the name because of its similarity to the font used in the original. The font used in the second and third films were also equally simple. And my fav title/credit sequences is the "ALIEN" title pop-up/reveal at start of ALIEN.

Movie poster?
Prometheus_Movie_Poster.jpg

Got it from:
https://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/43
If you go to the site there are two more pics of the above image behind what appears to be a glass casing. Could be fan-made. But it looks pretty good. Reminiscent of the ominous feel of the original ALIEN teaser poster.

Looks like ass.

From the same site -
FOX has confirmed the poster here to be false and is another fan made creation. But my hat is off to whoever made it, it was done incredibly well!

Looked much too simple to be legit but since there's so much mystery and misinformation going around who knows?

Alien 3 was watchable, i liked the concept but that's about it.
Resurection is one big piece of S^^T, and that's describing it nicely
IMO...

Which one had the klepto in it?

BB

Tis a tad cooler D...but you should get super creative with this. Make it so different that no one could've ever one up it.

i thought this movie wasn't about Aliens?

I'm kind of confused about this movie. My guess is it is about the Aliens but they don't want to turn people off because of sub par Alien movies. And since it is prequel it won't require anyone to take that baggage into the theater to see it.
I keep wanting to cast aside my Alien Quadrilogy DVD set for the Alien Anthology Blu-Ray but Prometheus makes me hestitate because are they going to make a new set that includes it in it.

I'm kind of confused about this movie. My guess is it is about the Aliens but they don't want to turn people off because of sub par Alien movies. And since it is prequel it won't require anyone to take that baggage into the theater to see it.
I keep wanting to cast aside my Alien Quadrilogy DVD set for the Alien Anthology Blu-Ray but Prometheus makes me hestitate because are they going to make a new set that includes it in it.

I've learned not to care/wait for new boxed versions that may or may not be released in the future. Everytime a new set is released and you decide "OK, this is it! This is the box-set I've been waiting for!" ...they come out with another box set a few years down the road. In other words, just get the set or individual BD/DVD's if you think its a good buy for you. If you like the quality/ features/etc and think the price is worth it - get it. But I recommend not basing your purchasing decision on the possibility of a future re-release. Cause there will likely be another re-release for better or worse.

I know, scary right? Kinda grossed me out.

But I loved the first attempt Devil! :D

Isn't a Space Jockey like 20ft tall at least? How the hell could they make a movie based on them?

Back