Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO

Classic. Keep it man!

Hmmmm... with a pair of those awesome over-the-glasses visors it might just work...

I always knew that Salacious made it off the sail barge and retired happily to Shady Oaks Home for the Elderly. He doesn't see as well anymore, but he's content.

Just received my Salacious B. Crumb figure and one heck of an unexpected surprise! I managed to score the super exclusive, super limited "cataract" version of Mr. Crumb! Check it out:

Crumbsmall2.jpg

:monkey2

Looks like whoever was supposed to spray the gloss coat onto his eyes grabbed the wrong bottle. Already sent an exchange request to Sideshow...

Dude..... That's Hilarious!!! :lol Maybe you got the exclusive version!!!

WHOA that is freaky... how did that pass qc?

My first thought when I looked at that picture was, how is Crumb packed, could his paint have been wet there still and the white packing materials somehow blead into the paint so he looked fine before getting boxed and then things went wrong.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your great pics with us, Mobikins.

There's no sun out today -- it's a bit overcast. I didn't use the flash but the color in these pics aren't as rich as the original figure.

I am so glad I kept this pre-order. He's simply awesome (but don't tell Darth Loki).

Note: He's pretty wrapped up and it took a long time freeing him from bondage.

WOW !! he looks cool.

That cloudy look reminds me of what can sometimes happen if you spray gloss cote onto a model if the environmental conditions aren't right (I think it's either too much moisture in the air, or it may also have something to do with the temperature). Anyway, I'd definitely get it replaced.

Did you try to rub it off? Or is it definitely paint?

Very weird! Maybe the QC worker has the same condition in their own eyes.

Yeah, it's definitely paint. When I first opened the box I thought, "Oh they put a protective film over those nice, glossy eyes..." until I got a closer look. I tried rubbing it off, but with no luck. They even managed to get it on the skin around his right eye.

Of course I get the one they painted on "bring your blinfold to work day" at the factory...

Luckily I ordered it direct and Sideshow's customer service rocks, so I'm not too concerned.

With Slave Leia chained up nearby, it's no surprise he went blind. ;)

:lol :naughty

Other than the blindness, I'm really impressed by this piece! I almost cancelled at the last minute, but I'm really glad I held onto my order. I was a little worried about the "real hair," but it looks to be well applied. Can't wait to get my replacement here and on display!

Some dealers still have him so act fast!

I can see this one going up fast.

Back