OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why they took the link down, pop up?

But I just don't like the idea of having people have to go to some random QR reader sites to which SS is totally unaffiliated with (why "3rd party" was in quotes). Gotta read those privacy statemnets and do some feedback searching before deciding which one to use. Even some in the statueforum don't like this qr thing.

They didn't take anything down. There is a link on the readyness kit preview page (not the order page) that takes you to a page in the help desk that explains QR codes. Here is the link to that page:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=197

You can go there and see for yourself that both of the QR code reader links are still intact. As far as those sites being "random", I think you missed the point. QR codes are a standardized image encoding protocol. No reader is going to be better or worse at decoding them than any other, and no reader is going to have anything to gain by not providing you with the correctly decoded message. Besides, the primary audience for QR codes is smart phones (none of which are affiliated with Sideshow in any way). Are you distrustful of the QR code readers on all of those phones?

:D 1000 posts! Bring on Spooktacular! :D

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks
We're still about 20 posts BEHIND last year's thread at this same point. Come on, people, get posting!

Of course, last year at this time we already had our first promo word "giveaway". Sideshow is definitely keeping this year's activities much more "under wraps". "Under wraps", get it? I made a Mummy joke! :lol

We're still about 20 posts BEHIND last year's thread at this same point. Come on, people, get posting!

Of course, last year at this time we already had our first promo word "giveaway". Sideshow is definitely keeping this year's activities much more "under wraps". "Under wraps", get it? I made a Mummy joke! :lol

Don't quit yer day job. :monkey1 (because there's no fruit throwing monkey) :lol

Gonna be a busy week for me during Spook. Got some teaching interviews for next year, B-Day (dinner with family/friends), 31x XP for Gears 2, Spook events, Spook chat. Sleep may truly be for the weak. :lol

I have the week off---Just need to take kids back and forth to school-
May need to take a nap here and there--looking for someone to cover me while I am away--and I will do same for you

TEAM CHAINSAW!!!

I'm going to be active on Mon-Wed while I'm at work. The rest of the week is going to be spotty since I'll be home.

This is going to be tough spook for me. In our province we have now decided to do progress reports instead of report cards first term. Like most gov. programs the training will happen mostly after our due date, which is Oct. 29th. I have to spend most of my time on my work computer, where most of the spook stuff is blocked. I still haven't found a code reader I can use that isn't blocked by my admin. I also have no access to facebook and twitter from there. It's unfortunate beccause this set of reports will now be due during every spook. I'm also packing to move, as I finally get away from my drummer neighbour in 8 weeks.

I may have to sleep while I teach, but I think the kids might notice. (and my principal since this is my review year as well)

Gonna be fun.

Post 500 for me, on the spook thread, yea!

I have usual work and school duties, even an exam in A&P on the 27th. But I will try to be present whenever I can. Oh, and I forgot. Front row tickets for Phantom of the Opera on the 30th too! Can't wait for that. I'm happy I am no longer after any super exclusive items, like SSEs. Makes for a much more enjoyable relaxing Spook.

I have taken Monday off, and I have to work 4 hours Tuesday and 6 hours Wednesday. No choice. Then I'm off the rest of the time.

I have to spend most of my time on my work computer, where most of the spook stuff is blocked. I still haven't found a code reader I can use that isn't blocked by my admin. I also have no access to facebook and twitter from there.

Do a google search for "web based proxy", you should be able to find a proxy that your IT department hasn't blocked.

Back