Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expected answer, :lol

Typical, people talk just to talk nobody stands behind their statements anymore.

But there's some truth to what you say the ones to blame here are the buyers really, they're the ones driving the prices up, as far as the seller is business as usual, how much do you think a can of coke cost to make? Take the number you thought and divide it by 5, if you got something that's worth $1 you're gonna try to sell it for $5 and if you're a really good businessman you'd sell it for 10, when I sold my hulk I had to otherwise I'd still have it, maybe that's why I haven't made efforts to reacquire it cause like you I believe it's worth what the company originally charged for it, proof of thst is if SS remade it they would charge more than the original price yes but it won't be 2K.

I partially believe it is the fault of the idiotic EBay "snipers" who literally add $200-$400 dollars to the price of a state n just the last few minutes or seconds of an auction JUST to ensure they get it. Yes if they are willing to do that then that is THEIR price, but then the next auction starts there, and then it all happens again. I watched a Spiderman Com go from $650 to $950 in just the last few seconds of an auction because 1 Guy bid it up THAT much. If he had come in lower and worked it up slowly he might have still won the auction, and saved HUNDREDS. Just stupid in my opinion.

:slap Have we got another year of this to look forward to? :gah:
Had all these debates when the Maquette was announced :sleep

PULL THE TRIGGER ALREADY YOU WALL FLOWER!!!

null_zps28166033.jpg

:wink1:

I'm pretty sure with each new awesome release of a Hulk statue we will continue running through the same trends. :panic:

Yep... A whole bunch of vets will come in and say OLDER is better, and the noobs who spent >$1300 will rush to back them up so they don't feel chumped by what they spent. It will start to happen with every major Marvel, and later on DC, Rerelease of a character. I am not saying the originals aren't great, just that this debate will continue to happen is all.

I partially believe it is the fault of the idiotic EBay "snipers" who literally add $200-$400 dollars to the price of a state n just the last few minutes or seconds of an auction JUST to ensure they get it. Yes if they are willing to do that then that is THEIR price, but then the next auction starts there, and then it all happens again. I watched a Spiderman Com go from $650 to $950 in just the last few seconds of an auction because 1 Guy bid it up THAT much. If he had come in lower and worked it up slowly he might have still won the auction, and saved HUNDREDS. Just stupid in my opinion.

Well those few seconds are the most important ones for eBay and the sellers, that's why they implemented the countdown clock, they noticed this was happening, have you ever been to a live auction? Often it becomes less about the item and more of a competition between egos, same thing here, but with Internet tough guy egos. :lol

Yep... A whole bunch of vets will come in and say OLDER is better, and the noobs who spent >$1300 will rush to back them up so they don't feel chumped by what they spent. It will start to happen with every major Marvel, and later on DC, Rerelease of a character. I am not saying the originals aren't great, just that this debate will continue to happen is all.
:exactly:
:goodpost:
Bragging rights?

Just knock down a wall or something...lol. On and keep the wife and kids... But maybe one of the kids needs to share their bed or something...lol

lol...all worthy options for including this piece into your collection. I particularly like the knock a wall down :stake

Well those few seconds are the most important ones for eBay and the sellers, that's why they implemented the countdown clock, they noticed this was happening, have you ever been to a live auction? Often it becomes less about the item and more of a competition between egos, same thing here, but with Internet tough guy egos. :lol

sad but true.

Well to me, it's worth what I paid originally. The sculpt and detail is far from sideshows best work.

Unfortunately for you, it's worth what people are willing to pay. That seems to range between 1.5 and 2k.. This price is demanded simply due to the hype those who own it spill into the forums to make themselves feel like leet collectors.

This price is demanded due to Supply and Demand. Very few come up for sale that often and when they do, the numbers of collectors outweighs the supply and drives the price up. It has very little to do with hype.

I doubt it will happen that much with the DC releases. The DC edition sizes are too high to push many, if any, into the Marvel Grail price range.

I have to disagree. It's the fault of the Ebay noob bidders who bid it up PRIOR to the last 60 seconds. Anyone that's been on Ebay even a small amount of time knows you rarely win an auction if you bid outside of the last 60 seconds.

I have to disagree. It's the fault of the Ebay idiot noob bidders who bid it up PRIOR to the last 60 seconds. Anyone that's been on Ebay even a small amount of time knows you rarely win an auction if you bid outside of the last 60 seconds.

Fixed that for you... I have won two out of the three auctions I have bid on... Booth nder retail, and both done with bids in the last 15 seconds or less, and only raising the previous bids by $5. Some of us aren't dumbasses.

I can't believe it's only 5 inches taller than Bats and Supes. Afterall, Hulk is much taller than either of them according to comic character stats.

If you figure in the difference in the base heights it is probably closed to a 9-10 inch size difference in the figures themselves. Which would make up the difference, or most of it, from a 6 foot 4 Supes to a 10 foot tall Hulk

The things I look for are things like muscle definition, facial musculature and expression. However, with that being said I have never seen the original PF in the flesh so to speak, but I would tend to still say that the more modern PF/Maq has more of what I look for in a statue.

I get that. I prefer the modern looking Hulks also. But the detail and texture on the original PF were a sight to behold in person. The Hulk PF is deserving of "Grail" status. It's just not my grail :)

Back