Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Glad this showed up during my trial month of Prime. :rock

edit: Looks like Ratchet and Clank is next. Devil May Cry is coming up as well.

Uncharted is next...... DAMMMMM all the freaking games I have already. And I only have 4 games for my PS3!

Then it's DMC and then Haze is last.....

I would give anything to have my PS3 turn off as easily and quickly as the 360. Grab the 360 remote, click the power button, and it's off. Walk up to the 360, click the big power button quickly with your toe and walk away while it shuts off.

No holding down the PS button, no confirming with a click that yes, I did indeed hold down the button for a few seconds because I wanted to turn off the system, no second click of the button to confirm that yes, after holding down the button initially and confirming with the previous click that I wanted to turn off the system that I still want the bloody thing turned off.

It's like trying to get off the phone with a telemarketer...

I posted this in the Madden thread as well but in case anyone is interested in this thread:

Also, Target is selling the PS3 Collectors Edition on clearance for as low as $45! I picked up one today so I could return it at Walmart and get $50 back. I did see it on clearance at a different Target for $63 though. That is crazy considering you get two games cheaper than the regular version!

Drake's Fortune @ Amazon:

It appears we were unable to process this request. Please try again later.

EDIT: Kept trying over and over until it sold out. Never once could I get the Amazon system to add the item to my cart.

:sick

Last edited:
Looks like Amazon is having problems now. Did anybody catch the price of Uncharted? I already had it, I'm just curious what the discount was.

I hope everything is fixed for DMC, I really want that one. I can easily pass on Haze. I did nab Ratchet and Clank. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but the game is universally acclaimed, so I figured for $30 I can give it the shot it deserves. Anybody here play it?

Looks like Amazon is having problems now. Did anybody catch the price of Uncharted? I already had it, I'm just curious what the discount was.

I hope everything is fixed for DMC, I really want that one. I can easily pass on Haze. I did nab Ratchet and Clank. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but the game is universally acclaimed, so I figured for $30 I can give it the shot it deserves. Anybody here play it?

I love ratchet and clank! I have played every version that has been released and this one is great.

Never played online on the PS3, what's it like???

It's pretty good.

Works very well most of the time. The only really crappy stuff I've seen is on COD4. You can't do games with more than 12 people or it lags to hell and back like ^^^^ing crazy!!!!

But that's really the only game I've played online other than some of the PSN games. Kinda like the Arcade games on XBL. They work really well too.

It's pretty good.

Works very well most of the time. The only really crappy stuff I've seen is on COD4. You can't do games with more than 12 people or it lags to hell and back like ^^^^ing crazy!!!!

But that's really the only game I've played online other than some of the PSN games. Kinda like the Arcade games on XBL. They work really well too.

How is the sound in the mic and does the connection play a factor?

Connections big just like all consoles, PC, whatever. Slow connection and you die alot.

Sound is good, but you have to have a Bluetooth headset, unless you want a wired connection, and that sucks because you have to run it from the PS3 to where you sit. Nothing connects to the controller like the 360. The sound depends on you BT headset, so get a good one.

Connections big just like all consoles, PC, whatever. Slow connection and you die alot.

Sound is good, but you have to have a Bluetooth headset, unless you want a wired connection, and that sucks because you have to run it from the PS3 to where you sit. Nothing connects to the controller like the 360. The sound depends on you BT headset, so get a good one.
Sounds good, thanks man!!
:duff

It's amazing that it happened to both of us within a few days! Hadn't heard of that message before and now it hits twice.

Mine was out of warranty, so I have ordered a replacement hard drive from Amazon. Doesn't look like it will be too hard to replace. Still a bummer, as I will have lost all of my downloads, saved game files, etc.

that sucks, good thing you replaced it. My PS3 is working fine.....for now. but my router doesnt work anymore, i keep lagging too much. Anybody recommend a good router? :monkey2

160GB bundle in November with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune game, a PlayStation network voucher the downloadable game PAIN, and a DualShock 3 wireless controller for $499.99

https://www.dailytech.com/Sony+Announces+160GB+PS3+Bundle+Wireless+Keypad+Accessory/article12725.htm

Wireless Keypad accessory announced as well

9004_large_ps3wirelesskeypad.jpg

You guys do know that there are not going to be anymore backwards compatible PS3 right?? The MGS4 80GB bundle is the last one with that and card slots.

they're announcing the "new" 80 gig ps3 with no backwards compatability. i also think its coming out in the next month or so.........who knows. the only thing i do know is that if my ps3 breaks down, i aint gonna be able to play ps2 games anymore if i take it to gamestop....i have a 60 gig.

Back