Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sega Dreamcast games and possible PS2 emulator comming to PS3? Here's a link https://www.gamersdigest.net/3820/sega-leaks-notes-from-scea-meeting/ Just a rumor but it would be great if true.

Also interesting from that link:

Yakuza

Could put Japanese games directly on PSN for download in a special Japanese Import section (pricing $9.99 to $39.99 for full game).
Might need to localize menus at least with subtitles.
SCEA interested in helping on MKTG side if they can have period of exclusivity.

:rock :rock :rock

hey guys alittle off topic, icant sign into ps network. im on my ps3 typing this so its not a connection problem. its says error 800542 or somthing similar, any help?

Can anyone recommend a good hard drive for the PS3? My launch 60 gig is full, and there is nothing I really want to delete.

Ok so about an 2 hours ago I put in Bioshock and after about 3min into the game, it froze on me and I had to shut off the console manually. Ater turning it on again, it worked but the audio was acting weird (the voices of the characters would repeat words). Now before I cast blame one my PS3, I want to make sure it wasnt my game or something that I did. After the audio messed up I quit the game, took it out and re-inserted into the PS3 and it works fine now. There are no scratches on the disc and I've never had any problems with this particular game before. I'm wondering if when I first put the game in if perhaps it didn't go in properly but I don't think thats the case, but the fact that it froze like that worries me. I still have a week left on my store warrenty so I'm wondering if I should exchange it or hope that it was a one time thing.

Ok so about an 2 hours ago I put in Bioshock and after about 3min into the game, it froze on me and I had to shut off the console manually. Ater turning it on again, it worked but the audio was acting weird (the voices of the characters would repeat words). Now before I cast blame one my PS3, I want to make sure it wasnt my game or something that I did. After the audio messed up I quit the game, took it out and re-inserted into the PS3 and it works fine now. There are no scratches on the disc and I've never had any problems with this particular game before. I'm wondering if when I first put the game in if perhaps it didn't go in properly but I don't think thats the case, but the fact that it froze like that worries me. I still have a week left on my store warrenty so I'm wondering if I should exchange it or hope that it was a one time thing.

I would try and exchange it, My PS3 broke when i had similar symptoms with Fallout 3, but when i turned it back on, It wouldn't read discs, might be a false alarm, but do something while you can...

My POS3 is now starting to pixel when playing BR discs. It's never been more then a BR player and harldy gets used. Awesome Sony!

posted in the Batman thread too - but this might be a better place.

I just bought Batman and a PS3 (couldn't resist and was in the market for a blueray player anyway). Ive noticed some lag in the cut scenes: is this normal or does the ps3 I bought have problems?

Thanks for the advice

I just bought Batman and a PS3 (couldn't resist and was in the market for a blueray player anyway). Ive noticed some lag in the cut scenes: is this normal or does the ps3 I bought have problems?

By lag do you mean that the audio doesn't sync with the lip movements? If so, based on reviews I've read and my own experience, that's common for this game on both platforms.

Back