Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By lag do you mean that the audio doesn't sync with the lip movements? If so, based on reviews I've read and my own experience, that's common for this game on both platforms.

In the opening cut scene when the camera pans from the sky to the batmobile, it seems to jump slightly: sort of like a streaming video that wasn't buffered correctly. :(

Its prob. just me being paranoid

hey folks, i just recently got a PS3 and finished Batman Arkham Asylum and MGS4. Man, finishing MGS4 felt kind of weird...I've been a fan of the series for so long and this installment was so insanely epic that I was left with a hole in my video-game soul afterwards, knowing full well how long I'd have to wait for the next installment which isn't even with Snake :(

Anyways, what games would you guys recommend for both PS3 and Xbox that can deliver good graphics and more importantly, a long campaign with a very engrossing, well told story? I'm more of the survival horror/sci-fi genre but I'm kind of down for whatever as long as they can satiate my need for playing a game with a big and involving plot-line.

hey folks, i just recently got a PS3 and finished Batman Arkham Asylum and MGS4. Man, finishing MGS4 felt kind of weird...I've been a fan of the series for so long and this installment was so insanely epic that I was left with a hole in my video-game soul afterwards, knowing full well how long I'd have to wait for the next installment which isn't even with Snake :(

Anyways, what games would you guys recommend for both PS3 and Xbox that can deliver good graphics and more importantly, a long campaign with a very engrossing, well told story? I'm more of the survival horror/sci-fi genre but I'm kind of down for whatever as long as they can satiate my need for playing a game with a big and involving plot-line.

The Metal Gear series isn't over! Granted, MGS: Rising features mostly Raiden (reportedly), but still. MGS: Peace Walker is pretty much a full blown MGS game, although it's on the PSP, unfortunately.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and its upcoming sequel Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Oct. 13th). Both are considered the cream of the crop of PS3 games.

If you liked Batman: Arkham Asylum, you'll probably like Bioshock (for both XB360 and PS3). It has the same mood and ambiance, imo. It's an FPS though.

yeah i've played bioshock and beaten it a while back. I have a strong desire to return to that world again but it's such a weird, dank and intense place that it's going to take a little push for me to actually get into it again. I love that kind of stuff but sometimes games like that get me in more of a creeped out downer mood instead of the sort of melancholic epicness of something like MGS.

since I recently got a PS3 the whole MGS4 thing has kind of ruined gaming for me. Now I'm kind of junked out on it and I need an equivalent masterpiece to stave off the shakes, only there is no equivalent...I also don't own a PSP...blah. It's like MGS4 gave me a reduced attention span to anything not as ridiculously dramatic or fun.

I think I'm just going to try and get all the riddler puzzles now and call this search to a halt, momentarily.

Have you tried Fallout 3 yet? You certainly get tons of bang for your gaming dollar. It's also incredibly addictive.

Other worthwhile games off the top of my head:

- Gears of War 1 and 2
- Oblivion
- Assassin's Creed
- Rainbow Six Vegas
- Ghostbusters
- Dead Rising
- Left 4 Dead

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of great games, too.

So you want a great action adventure game with some creepy horror elements. Go to the store and by DEAD SPACE !!! It has elements of alien and even sounds from the exorcist. F$$king awsome game that rocked my world . The ending is awsome to..

Sounds like you like the kinds of games that I like...a game that delivers a cinematic experience like MGS4 did.

I'm going to echo a lot of what others have already said.

Uncharted Fabulous game with a great story and great voice acting. Nathan Drake is an awesome character, and the graphics are fantastic. When I finally made it through the jungle to the coast, I must have spent like 10 minutes just looking at the horizon and sun. Simply beautiful. And Uncharted 2 is coming out next week.

Heavenly Sword Admittedly the play mechanics are a little lacking, but what it lacks in gameplay it makes up for in voice acting and production values. Andy Serkis of Gollum/LOTR fame and Anna Torv (currently starring in Fringe) are the principal actors in this epic.

Dead Space Believe the hype. This game is fantastic. For the full experience, do as I did and play the game alone at night with all the lights out. Out Resident Eviled Resident Evil 5.

Resident Evil 5 Not the best in the series, but still a fun game, especially if you love killing various monsters.

Last edited:
I also forgot Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Known mainly for it's multi-player, the single player campaign is pretty damn good in it's own right, although short. Great voice acting, great production value...see how many Aliens references you can catch.

As with Uncharted, Modern Warfare 2 is right around the corner as well, release date 11/10/09...

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'm going to try and check out Uncharted, heavenly sword, assassin's creed, some Tom Clancy stuff and replay Bioshock and Deadspace!

I'm definitely a horror fan so when it comes to the games I'm always on board and have pretty much played them all. I was more disappointed in RE5 than overjoyed but it's still a great game, just not as memorable to me as RE4.

Currently I'm working on Wolfenstein but its a bit difficult to get into for long bouts.

In terms of multiplayer, my main games are:
-Halo3
-Gears of War 2
-Left 4 Dead
-Street Fighter 4
-Call of Duty 4 (I can't access world at war maps on live in korea)

but I'm looking to expand my horizons there are as well including trying out those MGS4 online modes. Those games should give a solid idea of what I like about multiplayers.

Thanks for the advice guys, send me a friend request and we'll play whatever. laudanum09 on both XBL and PSN.

Sounds like you like the kinds of games that I like...a game that delivers a cinematic experience like MGS4 did.

I'm going to echo a lot of what others have already said.

Uncharted Fabulous game with a great story and great voice acting. Nathan Drake is an awesome character, and the graphics are fantastic. When I finally made it through the jungle to the coast, I must have spent like 10 minutes just looking at the horizon and sun. Simply beautiful. And Uncharted 2 is coming out next week.

Heavenly Sword Admittedly the play mechanics are a littel lacking, but what it lacks in gameplay it makes up for in voice acting and production values. Andy Serkis of Gollum/LOTR fame and Anna Torv (currently starring in Fringe) are the principal actors in this epic.

Dead Space Believe the hype. This game is fantastic. For the full experience, do as I did and play the game alone at night with all the lights out. Out Resident Eviled Resident Evil 5.

Resident Evil 5 Not the best in the series, but still a fun game, especially if you love killing various monsters.

:lecture all of this is the truth. Uncharted is one of the first games my GF asked me to play through twice because she loved it as much as I did. IMO Resident Evil 5 isn't really a Resident Evil game...it just has familiar names and faces. They changed so much crap in that game I don't know what they were thinking.

~~I keep hoping that we'll get great news that Capcom will remake the second and/or third game on the PS3/360. As much as I loved part 4 I really think the Resident Evil games lost their magic after Code Veronica.

Stay away from Assassin's Creed, Ghostbusters, and the likes.

If your into action adventures, your top game list must look like this buddy:

Dead Space, Uncharted 1 & 2, Prince of Persia, Ratchet & Clank: Future, and BioShock.

Holy crap dudes, Demon's Souls is blowing me away like I couldn't have imagined. This is truly going to be one of the best games of the year...that too few play. You guys really gotta look into it right now. The game is challenging as hell, but feels incredibly rewarding.

yeah i've played bioshock and beaten it a while back. I have a strong desire to return to that world again but it's such a weird, dank and intense place that it's going to take a little push for me to actually get into it again. I love that kind of stuff but sometimes games like that get me in more of a creeped out downer mood instead of the sort of melancholic epicness of something like MGS.

since I recently got a PS3 the whole MGS4 thing has kind of ruined gaming for me. Now I'm kind of junked out on it and I need an equivalent masterpiece to stave off the shakes, only there is no equivalent...I also don't own a PSP...blah. It's like MGS4 gave me a reduced attention span to anything not as ridiculously dramatic or fun.

I think I'm just going to try and get all the riddler puzzles now and call this search to a halt, momentarily.

MGS 4 will do that to you :lol. Finding a game on the PS3 that's even as close to being as epic as MGS 4 is practically impossible.

By the way, if you like horror/survival games, then definitely check out Siren: Blood Curse. Siren is a true stealth/survival game, and not a run and gun shooter like Resident Evil (although you can pick up a few weapons along the way). It's a game that will get your heart-rate up, especially in one part, where you play as an 8 year old girl, trapped in a "zombie" infested hospital.

Quite frankly, Siren is one of my favorite games on the PS3. The "Zombies" (or Shibito, as they are called) in Siren, can make the stuff in Resident Evil pee their pants. Check out the PSN store, and download an episode pack of Siren, if you want. However, DON'T waste your time downloading the demo, as the demo just throws together, a bunch of random events from the game.

yeah guys thanks a bunch for the gaming advice. since i moved to korea my free time has turned into idle time. not much to do here unfortunately, so I'm either readin a book, playin a game or going out for a beer. I just got back into bioshock and i really hate splicers. they are even scarier than I remember. For some reason the sound in bioshock just scares the crap out of me. it's a lot harder than I remember too. Bosses, big daddys and even splicers are pretty tough to take down.

Thanks Solidus! Glad you understand where I'm coming from. I kind of wish I never played MGS4, everything else pales so much in comparison! Siren sounds GREAT, right up my alley. Sounds like just the thing I need. I'll pick it up tonight when I head into Seoul for some ridiculously overpriced rolling tobacco.

yeah guys thanks a bunch for the gaming advice. since i moved to korea my free time has turned into idle time. not much to do here unfortunately, so I'm either readin a book, playin a game or going out for a beer. I just got back into bioshock and i really hate splicers. they are even scarier than I remember. For some reason the sound in bioshock just scares the crap out of me. it's a lot harder than I remember too. Bosses, big daddys and even splicers are pretty tough to take down.

Thanks Solidus! Glad you understand where I'm coming from. I kind of wish I never played MGS4, everything else pales so much in comparison! Siren sounds GREAT, right up my alley. Sounds like just the thing I need. I'll pick it up tonight when I head into Seoul for some ridiculously overpriced rolling tobacco.

I love Bioshock. I played it for the first time last month when I got my PS3 and I love it. Not as scary as Dead Space but it definately has some insense moments like when you first pick up the shotgun and the lights go off and then a ton of Splicers are rushing at you. I also love the part when you encounter the plastic surgeon. Than entire scene is creepy. "An intruder. He is ugly. Ugly! Ugly! UGLY!!!!". Can't wait for Bioshock 2.

I love Bioshock. I played it for the first time last month when I got my PS3 and I love it. Not as scary as Dead Space but it definately has some insense moments like when you first pick up the shotgun and the lights go off and then a ton of Splicers are rushing at you. I also love the part when you encounter the plastic surgeon. Than entire scene is creepy. "An intruder. He is ugly. Ugly! Ugly! UGLY!!!!". Can't wait for Bioshock 2.

Have you met Sander Cohen yet?

Back