Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im behind right now, ps4k??? New model? Da faq?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Many rumors that they will be releasing a new model of the PS4 that will have more graphical power. The old model of the PS4 would still be available, but games would look better on the new version. Games would have to support both models, there wouldn't be any games that only support the new version.
Rumors are that Microsoft is planning on doing something similar as well.

You've got a good PC now, no need to upgrade at all except if there are any exclusives being released. My PS4's been off since January, but I need to turn it on for some Uncharted soon. As I was telling Ryan, I had to literally clean off a quarter-inch of dust. The top plate was so caked on with dust, I just took it off and washed it.

Last edited:
Dont see the point to be honest. I dont have a 4k TV yet but even then, the games will look fine.

Being brutally honest there are no games that interest me this year on the PS4. I bought Division and RE Zero HD. Thats me done for this year.

Ive been playing my PS3 alot more as I can play my psone classics and PS3 games.

To be brutally honest this generation has been utter ****e. Arkham Knight was very disappointing, Evil Within and Drive Club were poor, Lego Batman 3 was rubbish, Battlefront was a kick in the nuts, MGSV was awful and GTAV was far too short aswell.

Uncharted 3 bored me and I really dont fancy Uncharted 4, Hitman is in episodes so I refuse to buy it, Arkham Collection doesnt have Origins which was my favourite Arkham title.

Im just sat praying RE2 remake is like RE0/REmake. If its not ill sell my PS4 and stick to PS3.

I agree on the 4k, I get it will look better but it's not a selling point for me to buy a system.

But I have to disagree on the games this generation. Considering I've played my PS4 daily since last fall I'm blown away with the last few games I've played. I can't wait for Uncharted 4 as that's one of my favorite series but considering everything else I need to catch up on before I even get to that, I probably won't get to it until the winter or next year.

So far this Generation has given me Mortal Kombat X, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin, BloodBorne, Dark Souls 3 (Which I consider the Souls Borne series to be one of gamings best, I have to back track and play demon souls and darks souls 1), Halo 4, EDF 4.1, the new Madden game engine, Arkham Knight (Which I freaking love)

I still have to play Halo 5, The Witcher, Fallout 4, MGSV, and the new Tomb Raider. I can tell our taste are different but I wouldn't say this generation is lack luster by any means.

You've got a good PC now, no need to upgrade at all except if there are any exclusives being released. My PS4's been off since January, but I need to turn it on for some Uncharted soon. As I was telling Ryan, I had to literally clean off a quarter-inch of dust. The top plate was so caked on with dust, I just took it off and washed it.

I only turn it on really to watch Youtube in my bedroom, or Netflix... which is quite rare since their selection sucks bawz.

As far as I know the Neo will just have superior processing and hardware, the original PS4 will still be here; it's not like the Nintendo NX which intends to replace the Wii U, or the New Nintendo 3DS which has a brand new CPU and some features the original didn't have along with implied future exclusive titles.

I wonder if this will be like a more powerful and fancier slim. But I'm not upgrading.

I'm interested to see the sales numbers for the next months... They will drop significantly. Who's going to buy a product,knowing that will be outdated in the next few months?

Just seems like this would make more sense for the Xbox One.. where multi-platform games seem to suffer in comparison to their PS4 counterpart. 1080 60fps seems pretty achievable on the current PS4.. not sure why they feel it necessary to give it a boost unless the goal is to achieve even higher resolutions for VR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seems like this would make more sense for the Xbox One.. where multi-platform games seem to suffer in comparison to their PS4 counterpart. 1080 60fps seems pretty achievable on the current PS4.. not sure why they feel it necessary to give it a boost unless the goal is to achieve even higher resolutions for VR.

Unfortunately, it's not. The handful of current gen 1080/60 games on PS4 (Such a s Metal Gear) had to cutdown on graphics fidelity while truly stunning games like Driveclub, Arkham Knight, Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4 have to operate on a 30fps cap.

I see.. I thought there were more 1080/60 games out there. PS4 frame rates are usually higher than Xbox One but not necessarily hitting the 60 mark.. Got it.

I agree on the 4k, I get it will look better but it's not a selling point for me to buy a system.

But I have to disagree on the games this generation. Considering I've played my PS4 daily since last fall I'm blown away with the last few games I've played. I can't wait for Uncharted 4 as that's one of my favorite series but considering everything else I need to catch up on before I even get to that, I probably won't get to it until the winter or next year.

So far this Generation has given me Mortal Kombat X, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin, BloodBorne, Dark Souls 3 (Which I consider the Souls Borne series to be one of gamings best, I have to back track and play demon souls and darks souls 1), Halo 4, EDF 4.1, the new Madden game engine, Arkham Knight (Which I freaking love)

I still have to play Halo 5, The Witcher, Fallout 4, MGSV, and the new Tomb Raider. I can tell our taste are different but I wouldn't say this generation is lack luster by any means.

Ive never played Dark Souls, its never took my fancy. I think im sequeled out so to speak. 10th Mortal Kombat, Arkham Knight is the 4th and the 4th Uncharted. Is Madden American Football? Im a Brit lol.

I didnt like Tomb Raider. Ive no interest in the new one. I recently finished The Last Revelation and forgot how good TR used to be. TR inspired Uncharted now Uncharted inspired TR lol

I never played Witcher, but im discounting any Xbox One titles as I dont own one, but Forza and Halo would be the top of my list to play. Id stay the hell away from MGSV though. Just awful.

Id love a great 3rd person zombie game and another great Silent Hill

VR is probably the biggest problem, you absolutely have to have the high framerate and resolution or it just won't play well. Game developers are always wanting more power though so I'm sure they'll appreciate it. And like I said, if it plays UHD Blu-Ray then that would be important, like how the PS3 was a much cheaper Blu-Ray player than what was available at the time.

Looks like the PS4 Neo is confirmed. I'd love to see how developers could go back update old games on the new hardware with patches, such as a 60fps Uncharted 4 and Arkham Knight, or a MGSV that doesn't suck.. :monkey3

Specially when it's about monthly sales of PS4 vs Xbone.

Seriously, who the **** cares? How does that even matter to people unless you work for either Sony or Microsoft as some higher up?

People are amazing sometimes.

Back