Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvel is 1/4 until further notice...
For a bunch of nerds and geeks this seems to have a hard time sinking in.
Star Wars, Video Games, Aliens, Predators - they still have 1/5 unfortunately, based on some artistic and price point basis.
But thankfully Marvel is now all 1/4 which helps with the statue matching the needs of the design not the mandatory inclusion of an unnecessary mixed media rule.
It also helps with my display not being all over the ____ing place and Collossus not being shorter than Wolverine.
:slap

Last edited:
FROM ASK SIDESHOW

Why such a focus on Premium Formats lately? Joker, Deadpool, and looks like Batman too. Why no comiquette love for marquee characters?
Sunday, April 8, 2012

If your interest in Comiquettes is because of the all-sculpture style, then take heart. You’ll be seeing more stylized sculptures under the Premium Format banner, and labeled as such to keep consistency in scaling. With or without clothing, if they’re 1:4 scale, they’re Premium Format. There are a lot of factors driving this decision, including production costs, sales, and Ask Sideshow trends, but we are prioritizing Premium Format (1:4 scale) over most other sculpture formats.

Marvel is 1/4 until further notice...
For a bunch of nerds and geeks this seems to have a hard time sinking in.
Star Wars, Video Games, Aliens, Predators - they still have 1/5 unfortunately, based on some artistic and price point basis.
But thankfully Marvel is now all 1/4 which helps with the statue matching the needs of the design not the mandatory inclusion of an unnecessary mixed media rule.
It also helps with my display not being all over the ____ing place and Collossus not being shorter than Wolverine.
:slap

SSC never announced that they are stop making 1:5 statues. Comiquettes or 1:5 scale statues will still be made.

FROM ASK SIDESHOW

Why such a focus on Premium Formats lately? Joker, Deadpool, and looks like Batman too. Why no comiquette love for marquee characters?
Sunday, April 8, 2012

If your interest in Comiquettes is because of the all-sculpture style, then take heart. You’ll be seeing more stylized sculptures under the Premium Format banner, and labeled as such to keep consistency in scaling. With or without clothing, if they’re 1:4 scale, they’re Premium Format. There are a lot of factors driving this decision, including production costs, sales, and Ask Sideshow trends, but we are prioritizing Premium Format (1:4 scale) over most other sculpture formats.
They also know that 1:4 is a prefer format from there consumers now which translate to more $$$ for them.

You should trust the people that pointed out the official changes made by SSC without doing all the questioning.

andrew-garfield-laughing.gif

WHO CARES!?!

It's still a statue and from what we've seen a damn good looking one at that!

This argument is pointless.

Agreed. Let's move and drool over Ivy's lovely body. :lol

Not for Marvel :lecture

Where do they say that at all? It merely comments they are focusing more on the 1:4 line then anything else. :lecture

:lecture

We should be discussing this beautiful piece of art...not whether it's a PF or not.

I don't give a ____ if it's 1/4 or 1/8...it looks fantastic and I think I may buy it!
No thinking allowed! Just buy :D

Where do they say that at all? It merely comments they are focusing more on the 1:4 line then anything else. :lecture

No thinking allowed! Just buy :D

After Ice Man, Colossus, DareDevil... I figure that "focus" means that SS have finally woken up to the fact that the majority of collectors care about scale in the Marvel line. Want to bet there is another 1/5 comiquette released?

After Ice Man, Colossus, DareDevil... I figure that "focus" means that SS have finally woken up to the fact that the majority of collectors care about scale in the Marvel line. Want to bet there is another 1/5 comiquette released?

Sure I'll bet you. How about the new JS Campbells Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy comiquettes :wink1: If I'm right, you buy me those 2 statues, if I'm wrong, I'll buy u those statues. Those will be 1/5 scale statues :lecture

Sure I'll bet you. How about the new JS Campbells Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy comiquettes :wink1: If I'm right, you buy me those 2 statues, if I'm wrong, I'll buy u those statues. Those will be 1/5 scale statues :lecture

Done*

*Based off scale of statue measurements and official marvel wiki physical attributes compared to actual statue - and accounting for pose.

It's a Brian Bolland piece from the run of covers he did for Batman Gotham Knights. He's one of my favorite comic artist all time, and easily is in my top 5 and even cracks my top 20 artists list as well.

Batman-Gotham-Knights-15-cover.Brian-Bolland-artist..jpg

SS used Brian Bolland's Art for the Joker PF and I was hoping they would use his Art for the Wonder Woman PF.But this will fit in perfectly.

Back