Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow 9 years and you have not quit yet! I can't think of a collecting hobby I stay in for that long. This gives me hope that statue collecting is a lasting one. :clap

Nope and don't plan to. :yess: I think if you love doing this like I do then you will.

Kind of sucks that other sculptors don't frequent here as much as SF. Maybe with the changes to the new forum layout, they might be. I know Tim Miller rarely frequents here but would love Martin C, Pablo V and Mark N more often.

i can only imagine ,,, dhaval asking them questions,, :panic:

Breath will yah? That's gotta be the longest sentence ever. This will not be passed. I can't wait to order this.

Welcome to the forum. :wave

Thanks sorry I had been spending the day with the girlfriend and had a minute to myself while she was on the phone. I came across Ivy which made my day and was trying to type as fast as I could before she got off the phone, and I got found cheating on her with my addictive habit. This forum :rotfl and these beautiful pictures of Ivy :hi5: can't wait for this piece! Once I see the full revel I am going to :thud: and then wake up to find I missed the ex. and hate myself forever. :slap

In Maryland. We had no power in some parts this weekend. I only had power at work and there isn't much time to get online for personal reasons (I tried Friday and was quickly reprimanded...:( ). I sneaked on Saturday and only saw the tease for Scarlet Witch was ok.

Just seeing Poison Ivy now. I now have the satisfaction SW didn't give me although I'll likely get both. The details are great, and the sexy pose works great for this character. Aside from sculpting details, the pose is so important, it can explain the character. So far it looks like win. Poison Ivy was the perfect choice to show off some good sculpting.

Im pretty damn excited about this, until I think about how they will paint her flesh. SSC downfall on everything. I hope it turns out nice. So far looks good, but that finished product might be something else.

You almost have no choice. One of the difficulties of mixed media is that some of these characters don't translate into that form. Swamp Thing, Metal Men, Cyborg, etc...

None of those characters have cloth costumes. They can only be done as 1/4 fully sculpted pieces. That is why I like the fully sculpted format the best. There are quite a few PF statues I thought that were weakened by cloth costumes. The only thing that can ruin a fully sculpted piece is a bad paint job. A poor sculpt obviously cripples either format.

In the end, there probably will be a character that you love that can only be done as a 1/4 fully sculpted piece. Then you will have a difficult decision to make. For me the opposite is true. As soon as I see cloth on a statue I almost always cringe. I have always passed on full cloth tight fitting spandex costumes. The Batman PF will be a very hard choice for me given my tastes. I love the character but not the cloth costume.

I should have been more clear - while I prefer "pajama pieces", I was also throwing in PFs with other forms of mixed media - while yes, it would be difficult to include cloth in the pieces you listed, you could theoretically incorporate other materials (metal, felt moss on a swamp thing base) that would keep the format consistent. The old SS 1:4 T2 T-800 was a great combination of polystone and metal. More of those would be better than fully sculpted, IMO, where the character may not be a fit for the PJ treatment.

As you pointed out, though, much of it will come down to sculpt and paint. I know I've cut back my collection considerably due to concerns of what comes out of the factories these days.

In Maryland. We had no power in some parts this weekend. I only had power at work and there isn't much time to get online for personal reasons (I tried Friday and was quickly reprimanded...:( ). I sneaked on Saturday and only saw the tease for Scarlet Witch was ok.

Just seeing Poison Ivy now. I now have the satisfaction SW didn't give me although I'll likely get both. The details are great, and the sexy pose works great for this character. Aside from sculpting details, the pose is so important, it can explain the character. So far it looks like win. Poison Ivy was the perfect choice to show off some good sculpting.

Lol the storm was insane. I felt like I was going to die that night here in Maryland. The roof looked like it was going to give in and crush all my statues. They were the last thing on my mind. I was ready to dart out with my dog if I had to go.

Oh, you're going to bring up that topic again. :lol

(FWIW, I'm among those who will always equate PF with mixed media. Poop on Sideshow's silly new classification based on scale alone)

Back