Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. That's only if I pegged him correctly. Why else would he join and make only one post in this thread? It's just a guess on my part but I think our new board member and Mark Newman are one and the same. Would like to hear it from him though. Just to make it official.

Kind of sucks that other sculptors don't frequent here as much as SF. Maybe with the changes to the new forum layout, they might be. I know Tim Miller rarely frequents here but would love Martin C, Pablo V and Mark N more often.

Kind of sucks that other sculptors don't frequent here as much as SF. Maybe with the changes to the new forum layout, they might be. I know Tim Miller rarely frequents here but would love Martin C, Pablo V and Mark N more often.

Amen Brother. It's a real treat to see these guys pop up around here. I hope it becomes more frequent.

Probably because there are too many picky mofos on the forum that aren't afraid to bash a sculpt without hesitation.

Probably because there are too many picky mofos on the forum that aren't afraid to bash a sculpt without hesitation.

Yah those mofos :mad: I think that this forum is too much action figures clumped with the statues that it makes it difficult to search for things. I do think that SF have more bashers in sculpt then here. With the new forum changes, hope it will change there mind and come here more often. Strange though the SSC rep frequent here and not the other forum?

This would be it. There was a time when I remember Adam Hughes posted for a bit, we got almost all the SSC artists, even AH's girlfriend/fiancee/wife (I'm unsure) Allison under DarthSaffron.

People pounced on them without any hesitation or even a tad bit of tact. I remember seeing the arguments running rampant in AH! threads between members and Allison. The strange thing is it doesn't stick to just sculpt or piece comments but some members aren't afraid to get personal or even go straight for the throat. Hell the forum even scared away Bryan Ono on his first day. :lol

This forum is a lot of things but artist friendly it ain't.

This would be it. There was a time when I remember Adam Hughes posted for a bit, we got almost all the SSC artists, even AH's girlfriend/fiancee/wife (I'm unsure) Allison under DarthSaffron.

People pounced on them without any hesitation or even a tad bit of tact. I remember seeing the arguments running rampant in AH! threads between members and Allison. The strange thing is it doesn't stick to just sculpt or piece comments but some members aren't afraid to get personal or even go straight for the throat. Hell the forum even scared away Bryan Ono on his first day. :lol

It's amazing how the internet provides people with courage, sad too that they forget manners or even the fact that if it was so easy to create pieces like these everyone would do it.

It's amazing how the internet provides people with courage, sad too that they forget manners or even the fact that if it was so easy to create pieces like these everyone would do it.

Well said Josh. Way to screw up a good thing right?:monkey2

And after they bash a sculpt they wonder why Sideshow artists stay away.

There are way to many Freaks here who think that they are entitled to say whatever they want to whomever they want.

It's easy to be a tough guy from behind the safety of a keyboard and anonymity.

Agreed.

Let's just hope Mark comes back. Based on his one and only post, it seems he was here to try and figure out how the pics of Ivy were leaked. I'd love to see him come back and actually talk about his work on this statue.

I think it's safe to say he's not going to get bashed anytime soon because of this piece. Ivy turned out PHENOMENAL! This is a man with incredible skills and immense talent.

Looks great, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of mixing mixed media with fully sculpted statues in my upcoming DC collection - I'd prefer all pajama pieces.

Looks great, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of mixing mixed media with fully sculpted statues in my upcoming DC collection - I'd prefer all pajama pieces.
This is also concerning me too which is why I'll either get Batman or Ivy, not both.

You almost have no choice. One of the difficulties of mixed media is that some of these characters don't translate into that form. Swamp Thing, Metal Men, Cyborg, etc...

None of those characters have cloth costumes. They can only be done as 1/4 fully sculpted pieces. That is why I like the fully sculpted format the best. There are quite a few PF statues I thought that were weakened by cloth costumes. The only thing that can ruin a fully sculpted piece is a bad paint job. A poor sculpt obviously cripples either format.

In the end, there probably will be a character that you love that can only be done as a 1/4 fully sculpted piece. Then you will have a difficult decision to make. For me the opposite is true. As soon as I see cloth on a statue I almost always cringe. I have always passed on full cloth tight fitting spandex costumes. The Batman PF will be a very hard choice for me given my tastes. I love the character but not the cloth costume.

maybe we could have an artists corner or something section to the forum? i could mod it and ban anyone who talks ____. :lol

maybe we could have an artists corner or something section to the forum? i could mod it and ban anyone who talks ____. :lol

It's a nice idea. We'd need a system or something. Like everyone gets to submit one or two questions to the artist. Just so he/she doesn't get overwhelmed with posts, the same question twice, etc.

And after they bash a sculpt they wonder why Sideshow artists stay away.

There are way to many Freaks here who think that they are entitled to say whatever they want to whomever they want.

:exactly::goodpost:

I've seen this a lot in my almost 9 years here.

It's a nice idea. We'd need a system or something. Like everyone gets to submit one or two questions to the artist. Just so he/she doesn't get overwhelmed with posts, the same question twice, etc.

:goodpost: OOOH, I do like that idea. Let the mods make the call what goes up to keep the $#!^ talkers away.

Back