Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I am alone in being done with sideshow and their extreme variance in quality and people who know me are aware that I am already scaling back my collecting. The reason is that the good old days of sideshow are over. Their quality is both accidental and selective these days. Paints and lazy eye are my main issues, and as an overseas collector I pay way more than US collectors do. When I spend half a weeks pay on a statue I want it to be good...
I am a huge Predator fan, but the quality between their 1/4 and lifesize line blows away their lsb and 1/6 line. I find the latter 2 embarrassing to the Predator line and collecting but people are buying that **** and thinking it's ok. I don't think it's their fault or blame them. It's on sideshow. But it will bite them some day.
I've been on here a while, seen people come and go, hate on sideshow for years on end. I am not one of those people. I think they still deliver some great stuff. They are just delivering truck loads of **** for the price they want far too often for my liking.

THNKS man I might do that and try to fix the base..THNX

It was coming down in buckets yesterday when they delivered mine and the shipping box was soaked just walking form the truck to the house. I thought for sure I would have to toss the shipper, but to my surprise it dried out just fine a few hours later. You'd never know it had been wet. Good thing they wrap the actual statue box in a bag though. You should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The Vampirella PF has nowhere near the same level of precision required in it's paint apps as Ivy does. Apart from the portrait, the Vampirella statue is about as basic as it gets. Ivy, by contrast, is one headache area after another. No surprise it got delayed as long as it did. I'd bet each one took at least four times as long to paint as each Vampirella did. At least.

This is true, I'm not denying that. okay lets compare her to Darth Talon, there was no sloppiness and mispainted tattoos on that statue. i know ivys full of detail but some of them have come out shocking :(
Mine thankgod was not a victim of sloppiness, however I feel sorry for those who have been let down, especially after such a long and anticipated wait.
If say only a batch of a dozen ivy's were done badly I could sympathize but it seems to be the other way around here.
I just hope the QC picks up and stays strong :)

Why did it have to rain the day I'm getting this?:gah:
Thought it was just me who worried about deliveries on wet days :panic:

:exactly: here too :gah: but I really don't think it will be delivered today.
Why are you worried about the rain if yours isn't getting delivered today? :cuckoo:
I've realised recently that 90% of your posts don't make any sense. :pfft:

THNKS man I might do that and try to fix the base..THNX

It was coming down in buckets yesterday when they delivered mine and the shipping box was soaked just walking form the truck to the house. I thought for sure I would have to toss the shipper, but to my surprise it dried out just fine a few hours later. You'd never know it had been wet. Good thing they wrap the actual statue box in a bag though. You should be fine.
[/QUOTE]

Here's where I had to sand the edge of the rock on the base with the dremel.
331iwjr.jpg

This was the area that was preventing the foot from fully seating. Once I ground a little of the edge off, the foot sank in properly and the vine next to it sat in fully flush. Even though you're going to take a little paint off the base grinding that edge, the foot will block it anyway making it an invisible tweak.

If all else about your statue is perfect (or close to it), I would definitely recommend going to Home Depot and getting a small file and filing that edge a bit. Much less work than going to the toruble of getting a replacement.

Thnks man , I might just do that...:goodpost:

This is true, I'm not denying that. okay lets compare her to Darth Talon, there was no sloppiness and mispainted tattoos on that statue. i know ivys full of detail but some of them have come out shocking
Mine thankgod was not a victim of sloppiness, however I feel sorry for those who have been let down, especially after such a long and anticipated wait.
If say only a batch of a dozen ivy's were done badly I could sympathize but it seems to be the other way around here.
I just hope the QC picks up and stays strong :)

:goodpost: vampi ex rules! She's the bomb best PF ever or just about the best ever made! She is way up there on my list as well. ivy I don't have but can't wait to compare!

Thought it was just me who worried about deliveries on wet days :panic:

Why are you worried about the rain if yours isn't getting delivered today? :cuckoo:
I've realised recently that 90% of your posts don't make any sense. :pfft:

:( :( :( :( there is still a slim chance..........

Got Ivy set up last night and I gotta say I am blown away. All the pics in here didn't look that great to me so I was sorta feeling like I may just sell her when I got her. Once I had her out of the box, my jaw dropped. She looks amazing in person...can't imagine letting her go now!

Mine had two paint blobs between her boobs. Is it a defect, or is she meant to have the Total Recall three boobs? :slap

:hi5: Ivy shot too number 2 on my list :lecture hopefully she'll do the same for you if she arrives in good condition :)

Thanks bro! :1-1: I hope so too, I just don't want to bother Daniel anymore. He deserves a break.

Since the ex is sold out, will we even get replacements?

I didn't want to mention it. But I think I might know what will happen. Staying nice here........ Staying calm........ Be nice reminder to self... I'm ok.

:exactly:
Which takes me back to the 'each statue is made for a specific base' issue. How could they send out new statues if they didn't fit in the base you already have? :cuckoo:

:exactly: I'd say all bases are made the same, just like all the statues, just depends on the position and angle of the pegs that come from the feet

Back