Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit too harsh on the man Sandinator. Leave out the whiny and entitled. I agree with the rest of your post. He posted pics and respectfully asked a question about the statue. IMHO, no need to take a shot at him for doing so.

Alright fair enough. I suppose in the written word it is taken much more seriously than intended.

It is just that people say for a $400 collectible it should be perfect. Has anyone tried getting a professional painter to paint a statue? It costs a lot more than $400.

Now if Ivy came out like rogue, that would be bad. Overall I think Ivy is one of SSCs better offerings and one of their best female PFs IMO. It is without a doubt the best DC Female PF that SSC has released so far. That much cannot be argued.

I find it funny that people make excuses for ss and hand painted items, while at the same time a buttload of other companies can put out hand painted items perfectly at bigger runs and cheaper prices.

Ss is the only company that every item I get from them is ****ed up. I have a collection, collections for my 3 kids each, and my wife has a pretty big collection. All run through tons of different companies, and nothing has ever had issues like ss items. Enough with sticking up for this company. Return all bad items, they need to get it through theirs heads.

I find it funny that people make excuses for ss and hand painted items, while at the same time a buttload of other companies can put out hand painted items perfectly at bigger runs and cheaper prices.

Really? Who?

Ss is the only company that every item I get from them is ****ed up.

I find this hard to believe. I've only had one issue in the past and it was dealt with very professionally.

Alright fair enough. I suppose in the written word it is taken much more seriously than intended.

It is just that people say for a $400 collectible it should be perfect. Has anyone tried getting a professional painter to paint a statue? It costs a lot more than $400.

Now if Ivy came out like rogue, that would be bad. Overall I think Ivy is one of SSCs better offerings and one of their best female PFs IMO. It is without a doubt the best DC Female PF that SSC has released so far. That much cannot be argued.

She's the ONLY female DC PF SSCs has released so far :lol

Ss is the only company that every item I get from them is ****ed up. I have a collection, collections for my 3 kids each, and my wife has a pretty big collection. All run through tons of different companies, and nothing has ever had issues like ss items. Enough with sticking up for this company. Return all bad items, they need to get it through theirs heads.

:goodpost::goodpost:

When did it become acceptable to get "B"quality for "A" pricing? It's like going to the dealer and taking the car out with scratches all over the place and saying, it's ok cause it's a Benz or a Lamborghini after your paying full price.

I don't get these loyalty to companies, where does it come from, what is it based on, their job should be please us the costumers, not the other way around.

:goodpost::goodpost:

When did it become acceptable to get "B"quality for "A" pricing? It's like going to the dealer and taking the car out with scratches all over the place and saying, it's ok cause it's a Benz or a Lamborghini after your paying full price.

I don't get these loyalty to companies, where does it come from, what is it based on, their job should be please us the costumers, not the other way around.

You still haven`t named a company that can deliver 1/4 statues with better paint jobs and for less than sideshow offers. ARH makes great 1/4 scale collectibles but the pricing is about the same.

DC Direct used to make some and they sucked.

Gentle Giant can occasionally put out something amazing but they have a crapload of duds and it takes them forever and a day to release anything.

Who am I missing?

If you want professional paint jobs, it is going to cost more and the complaints will increase as well.

You still haven`t named a company that can deliver 1/4 statues with better paint jobs and for less than sideshow offers. ARH makes great 1/4 scale collectibles but the pricing is about the same.

DC Direct used to make some and they sucked.

Gentle Giant can occasionally put out something amazing but they have a crapload of duds and it takes them forever and a day to release anything.

Who am I missing?

If you want professional paint jobs, it is going to cost more and the complaints will increase as well.

I believe he/she is not talking specifically about 1/4 scale, even comparing SS with its old self doesn't measure up, now we're talking QC here, the quality of work has come very far, and yes their costumer service is great to my experience, my critique is to the people that say to stop "complaining" as if they trying to tell you what you should take for your hard earned money.

I believe he/she is not talking specifically about 1/4 scale,

Then the argument is null

my critique is to the people that say to stop "complaining" as if they trying to tell you what you should take for your hard earned money.

Valid critiques are fine. A slightly thicker application of drybrushing on a single leaf is pushing it.

I have never asked for a replacement before. Will they replace for this kind of defect?

So say you?

Paint apps could be compared regardless of scale you know.

And now you conveniently change the parameters of the argument over only a better paintjob. It was originally stated:

"while at the same time a buttload of other companies can put out hand painted items perfectly at bigger runs and cheaper prices"

A buttload of companies that do perfect paint apps over larger runs for cheaper. I want to see these magical companies.

Back