Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now you conveniently change the parameters of the argument over only a better paintjob. It was originally stated:

"while at the same time a buttload of other companies can put out hand painted items perfectly at bigger runs and cheaper prices"

A buttload of companies that do perfect paint apps over larger runs for cheaper. I want to see these magical companies.

Nothing has changed my good sir, the comment you're quoting is about paint, so was mine so it's yours, and if we keep going it'll still be about paint.

If you had an actual issue it would be one thing. This is not an issue worth reporting. Hell if it bothers someone so much, it isn't hard to match the paint for such a small area.

I think what is unfair is demanding a refund or replacement for such a silly issue. Hell it isn't even a different color... the other leaves have some highlighting with the lighter green shade too.

100% agreed. I'll send my messed up nose Ivy back to Sideshow and take yours....if you want.:yess:

You still haven`t named a company that can deliver 1/4 statues with better paint jobs and for less than sideshow offers. ARH makes great 1/4 scale collectibles but the pricing is about the same.

DC Direct used to make some and they sucked.

Gentle Giant can occasionally put out something amazing but they have a crapload of duds and it takes them forever and a day to release anything.

Who am I missing?

If you want professional paint jobs, it is going to cost more and the complaints will increase as well.

False!

DC Direct paint apps were not the issue on their 1/4 scale statues. The vast majority of DC Direct's statues had great paint apps, it's the statue sculpts that left a lot to be desired.

Nothing has changed my good sir, the comment you're quoting is about paint, so was mine so it's yours, and if we keep going it'll still be about paint.

A buttload of companies that can paint better AND (keyword here sherlock) sell for better prices.

False!

DC Direct paint apps were not the issue on their 1/4 scale statues. The vast majority of DC Direct's statues had great paint apps, it's the statue sculpts that left a lot to be desired.

What are you smoking? DC Direct are known for terrible flat paint applications on all their crap.

#610 arrived today. Really like this one. I'm no photo wizzard but here are a few pics. One spot on her right boob is missing a spot of green paint and is skin (no problem with that for me! =)
Think the eyes are pretty on point.

2013-06-07143022_zpsf006f813.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-06-07141624_zps9678c495.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What are you smoking? DC Direct are known for terrible flat paint applications on all their crap.

My collection would disagree with you. Besides, anyone that has to start their argument with an insult obviously have a weak argument to begin with.

My collection would disagree with you. Besides, anyone that has to start their argument with an insult obviously have a weak argument to begin with.

I am challenging an argument that there are tons of companies that offer better products for cheaper prices. No one has been able to name these "buttload of companies". Why? Because they do not exist.

Again ARH makes awesome stuff but the prices are in the same general area as SSC.
Gentle Giant can put out great stuff. Their Sucker Punch 1/4 stuff is amazing. I've seen a hell of a lot of duds from them too though and their prices are generally higher.
DC Direct... forget about it...

I have the Wonder Woman DC 1/4. I've seen the others. There was a lot more than just sculpting issues going on there. Paint applications are always flat (on all their stuff). SSC provides a much better product than DC Direct ever could hope to.

Just got mine! Essentially perfect, she has just one tiny white scuff on the front of the base, but aside from that, she's perfect.

Very happy!

946917_10101231431243935_1713130303_n.jpg

(And about the stuff in the background, my shop buys entire estates a few times a year, and the we just bought an ENORMOUS collection of vintage and antique RCA/Nipper memorabilia, so we're still sorting it all out.)

Paint finish is not part of paint application, hopefully you understand the difference since you wish to continue on this subject, otherwise you will continue to come across not that well.

The issue with ivy seems to be (since I don't have her yet and hopefully I don't get any issues) the way she's paint not what colors or finishes, it seems to be you who keeps changing what you're arguing about.

Paint finish is not part of paint application, hopefully you understand the difference since you wish to continue on this subject, otherwise you will continue to come across not that well.

The issue with ivy seems to be (since I don't have her yet and hopefully I don't get any issues) the way she's paint not what colors or finishes, it seems to be you who keeps changing what you're arguing about.

I really don't know what you are ranting about but it has nothing to do with that I am debating. :cuckoo:

I have a question for you guys... since I don't want to send mine back or complain about the tiny white scuff that's on the base, what type of paint would you recommend I pick up to dab over it? I am not an expert (obviously), but I don't think one tiny dot of paint would take too much skill to do. Just wondering what type of paint would be appropriate for such a fix. Thanks!

What's with all the arguing? Chill and rejoice in the splendour of Ivy
:chillpill:

can't chill, Ivy and Jack exclusives are supposed to be delivered by UPS today. UPS usually shows up by 11, but for some reason they haven't shown yet. Which means there is a better then 50% chance the driver said screw it on his route today and will claim he can't find my house and it won't be delivered until Monday.

I really don't know what you are ranting about but it has nothing to do with that I am debating. :cuckoo:

:slap:dunno

not worth it :wave

I am going make an observation, and I am not trying to piss in anyones cornflakes, but the vast majority of the complaints are coming from guys who didn't buy this... Or a select few with some hefty paint issues ... While the vast majority appear to love her. Personally I think the guys who bought this that don't like it have a right to complain, and the rest sould be in their way. I speak from experience when I say there is no point in hammering on and on in a fight where you got no skin in the game. I did it once, and all that I managed to do was piss people off. IMHO we should let the lovers of this piece rejoice and help the guys out who are looking for help with USEFUL suggestions. Not tieraids about how much SSC SUCKSS!!

Back